Top 3 retro shirts

TheReligion

Abusive
As per the title really. What would you say are your top 3 retro club/international shirts?

Everything seemed a bit better in the 90s and shirt designs were far more fun. That said you don't just have to think 90s I just want to know your favourites!

PS I want to see the bastards so I can judge you and :drool: over the best ones. Thank you.

Last edited:

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Netherlands 1988
Denmark 1986

And the simplistic brilliance of the iconic Brazil kit — my own favorite is probably from 1982, although they’re usually quite similar.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
West Germany 1990 is the gold standard for me.

Love the Samp kits - 1991 title winning version the natural choice

Interesting to listen to Gullit speaking about the Holland 1988 shirt, pretty scathing of the design and quality, but everybody loves it because it was such a cracking Dutch side and Gullit would look stylish in anything. I like it, although the Soviet version with the same template is perhaps even easier on the eye.

Spoony

The People's President
I couldn't get hold of West Germany 90. Back then we didn't have net...thesedsays you can get anything online. But that German kit and Holland 88, are probably the best two.

GMoore23

Nothing beats this one for me, brings back nothing but fond memories.
What a season.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
I think it should be a rule in this thread to post the shirt you’re nominating without an action shot of a world class player wearing it. Obviously a shirt is going to look good and bring back memories if Henry or Rush is wearing it, maybe less so with like Lee Dixon in it trying to do a 3 point turn

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I think it should be a rule in this thread to post the shirt you’re nominating without an action shot of a world class player wearing it. Obviously a shirt is going to look good and bring back memories if Henry or Rush is wearing it, maybe less so with like Lee Dixon in it trying to do a 3 point turn
That’s why I didn’t post the welsh shirt, it looked pretty crap without rush wearing it, ha

Spoony

The People's President
West Germany 1990 is the gold standard for me.

Love the Samp kits - 1991 title winning version the natural choice

Interesting to listen to Gullit speaking about the Holland 1988 shirt, pretty scathing of the design and quality, but everybody loves it because it was such a cracking Dutch side and Gullit would look stylish in anything. I like it, although the Soviet version with the same template is perhaps even easier on the eye.

Soviet one looked great as well but yeah just wasn't as iconic. Anyway that Dutch kit was also well liked because it was different bit like United's Madchester style one.