Top 4 Race 19/20 | duffer: "We [Chelsea] are getting 3rd. Despite what the lunatics in here think, Man United are not all that."

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
Massive result today. We look likely now as long as we win the next one at home to Bournemouth. Palace away was a worry as well but they don't look that special at all. We have to win every game at this point... I know everyone is saying this but it's a reality. I don't wanna be going into Leicester having to win that game to get in.

KennyBurner

Im not worries as long as we win ALL our remaining games. Leicester and Chelsea will still drop points. Im extremely confident of that. Everton will do us a favor tommorrow and Chelsea will draw 2 more games before the end of the season.

Even the europa league we should be favourites. Intermilan is the only tricky fixture I think. We just need to make sure our first 11 is fully fit for our most important games.

El Zoido

It’s a big ask to win every game left, despite the fixtures being quite generous. Hopefully the lads have got the bit between their teeth now though. I only worry about squad depth, without Bruno and Pogba I wouldn’t be so confident.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Has everyone stop shitting themselves about Wolves yet?

If we do our own job properly then we will finish in the top four.
Wait until Wolves win their next game while we have a game in end then you'll see all the doom mongers flocking in full.

People in this place change moods after every single result whether expected or not.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Im not worries as long as we win ALL our remaining games. Leicester and Chelsea will still drop points. Im extremely confident of that. Everton will do us a favor tommorrow and Chelsea will draw 2 more games before the end of the season.

Even the europa league we should be favourites. Intermilan is the only tricky fixture I think. We just need to make sure our first 11 is fully fit for our most important games.
I'm glad someone understand that Chelsea aren't infallible. Seems like folks have already handed Chelsea a 7/7 for their remaining games for some reasons. Heck even Wolves are being handed maximum points by people because they've won their previous 3 games.

Like you I personally see Chelsea dropping points. 1 slip up(a draw or loss) and we're back breathing down their neck again and they have Liverpool to play.

KennyBurner

I'm glad someone understand that Chelsea aren't infallible. Seems like folks have already handed Chelsea a 7/7 for their remaining games for some reasons. Heck even Wolves are being handed maximum points by people because they've won their previous 3 games.

Like you I personally see Chelsea dropping points. 1 slip up(a draw or loss) and we're back breathing down their neck again and they have Liverpool to play.
We are finishing third if our full team stays injury free. No way Chelsea win their remaining games. Mind you this is without the liverpool game which is an automatic loss.

Suedesi

We are finishing third if our full team stays injury free. No way Chelsea win their remaining games. Mind you this is without the liverpool game which is an automatic loss.
Do Liverpool have anything to play for? They're not even in any cups, their season is truly over - in style

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'm more concerned about Wolves than I am the teams above us tbh, relying on Arsenal to win away from home is a stupid thing to do but I hope they do something at the weekend against them

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Chelsea winning that City game has people blinded. They suddenly think Chelsea is guaranteed to swept anyone in their way in their remaining fixture. I'm of the same mind as you, as I don't see Chelsea picking up all their point until Liverpool while I can see us actually doing it.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
The lack of atmosphere at these smaller clubs has given the likes of us,Chelsea and Wolves alot of benefit.
Today would've been a harder game for us had the Brighton crowd been present.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
I'm more concerned about Wolves than I am the teams above us tbh, relying on Arsenal to win away from home is a stupid thing to do but I hope they do something at the weekend against them
Meh. Wolves are dropping points and in quite a few games as well.

Dominos

Whilst I definitely think we can do it, I'm surprised people are so confident. Our games are winnable but it's not a forgone conclusion that we'll win every game. We have absolutely no margin for error, one slip up and I think that's us done for.

With Leicester, because of the goal difference gap we need them to drop 4 points more than we do leading up to the last game of the season where we play them, and then we need to beat them away from home.

I still think we can catch Chelsea as we have a goal difference advantage over them and I'm banking on them losing to Liverpool which just means they need to draw one more. But again this relies on us winning every game.

Best I think we can hope for right now is we go into the last game against Leicester needing to win to get top 4.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Just like no way we were beating City.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Leicester is in much more danger than Chelsea to drop out. They haven't been good since restart.

Don't want to think Top 4 because I have been burned so many times this season. We have always been this close to 4 th position and then screwing it up

Rafaeldagold

Has everyone stop shitting themselves about Wolves yet?

If we do our own job properly then we will finish in the top four.
Well we’re level on points with them so they’re obviously a massive threat & still in contention to finish above us.

Dominos

I find that a very strange position.

If we're assuming we've caught Leicester or Chelsea it means we've likely won every game in which case it's borderline impossible for Wolves to finish above us given our goal difference advantage. Even in the case we win 5 and draw 1 and that's enough to overtake one of Chelsea/Leicester, I still fancy that would be enough to finish above Wolves as they'd need to win 6 on the bounce (making it a 9 game win streak total to end the season..)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Leicester need 5 wins from: Everton (A), Palace (H), Arsenal (A), Bournemouth (A), Sheffield (H), Spurs (A), United (H)

They've won 4 in the last 15. Good luck.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Leicester need 5 wins from: Everton (A), Palace (H), Arsenal (A), Bournemouth (A), Sheffield (H), Spurs (A), United (H)

Didn't realise their fixtures were so tough. I think they will finish below Wolves also after seeing their fixture list

RedDevilRoshi

Leicester City’s remaining fixtures:
Everton (A)
Crystal Palace (H)
Arsenal (A)
Bournemouth (A)
Sheffield Utd (H)
Spurs (A)
Man Utd (H)

Chelsea’s remaining fixtures:
West Ham (A)
Watford (H)
Crystal Palace (A)
Sheffield Utd (A)
Norwich (H)
Liverpool (A)
Wolves (H)

Man Utd’s remaining fixtures:
Bournemouth (H)
Aston Villa (A)
Southampton (H)
Crystal Palace (A)
West Ham (H)
Leicester (A)

Wolves’ remaining fixtures:
Arsenal (H)
Sheffield Utd (A)
Everton (H)
Burnley (A)
Crystal Palace (H)
Chelsea (A)

Personally I’m backing us for 3rd, Chelsea 4th, Wolves 5th & Leicester 6th.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I find that a very strange position.

If we're assuming we've caught Leicester or Chelsea it means we've likely won every game in which case it's borderline impossible for Wolves to finish above us given our goal difference advantage. Even in the case we win 5 and draw 1 and that's enough to overtake one of Chelsea/Leicester, I still fancy that would be enough to finish above Wolves as they'd need to win 6 on the bounce (making it a 9 game win streak total to end the season..)
Likelihood is 5th place is going to be good enough, that's the position we hold currently albeit only on GD that's why I'm more concerned about those below us than those who are above. If we manage to finish inside the top 4 then great

MDFC Manager

Think Jose will do us a favor and then it will be all in our hands in the last game. Chelsea to finish third though.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Any particular standout reason why Leicester City have hit poor form ?
Vardy has hit a dry spell and they have no other serious goal threat besides him. Unsurprising given that he's 33 years old at this point and has always been streaky, but I am a bit shocked that Rodgers hasn't given Ayoze or Ihenacho a chance up front.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Can’t see that dead West Ham team getting anything from Chelsea. Quietly confident Everton can get a point from Leicester.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Leicester City’s remaining fixtures:
Everton (A)
Crystal Palace (H)
Arsenal (A)
Bournemouth (A)
Sheffield Utd (H)
Spurs (A)
Man Utd (H)

Chelsea’s remaining fixtures:
West Ham (A)
Watford (H)
Crystal Palace (A)
Sheffield Utd (A)
Norwich (H)
Liverpool (A)
Wolves (H)

Man Utd’s remaining fixtures:
Bournemouth (H)
Aston Villa (A)
Southampton (H)
Crystal Palace (A)
West Ham (H)
Leicester (A)

Wolves’ remaining fixtures:
Arsenal (H)
Sheffield Utd (A)
Everton (H)
Burnley (A)
Crystal Palace (H)
Chelsea (A)

Personally I’m backing us for 3rd, Chelsea 4th, Wolves 5th & Leicester 6th.
Leicester are in trouble.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Vardy has hit a dry spell and they have no other serious goal threat besides him. Unsurprising given that he's 33 years old at this point and has always been streaky, but I am a bit shocked that Rodgers hasn't given Ayoze or Ihenacho a chance up front.
That's the one downside of player's creating such legacy's at a club, even once they've declined it still takes a lot of balls to drop them. Messi could theoretically turn into a second tier player and he'll still have a place in the Barca lineup until he decides otherwise.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
We should not be dropping a single point until Crystal Palace away.. even then that game we should be favourites comfortably.

Leicester will get a result tomorrow against Everton.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
That's the one downside of player's creating such legacy's at a club, even once they've declined it still takes a lot of balls to drop them. Messi could theoretically turn into a second tier player and he'll still have a place in the Barca lineup until he decides otherwise.
LvG overplaying a past it Rooney was a huge reason why that second season of his was such an apocalyptic failure.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Agreed, though it's a bit odd because he was so brilliant in the first half of the season and largely carried them to their current position. It's a very abrupt decline.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
LvG overplaying a past it Rooney was a huge reason why that second season of his was such an apocalyptic failure.
Was a problem with the National side aswell, Big Sam's comments about the Rooney situation of that time was ridiculous.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Agreed, though it's a bit odd because he was so brilliant in the first half of the season and largely carried them to their current position. It's a very abrupt decline.
Could have been the 1 last horrah before falling off a cliff thing, like Terry in 14/15 or Giggs in 2011.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
We should be focused on Leicester. Although I think we have as good of a team as Chelsea if not better players as shown in our games against them, that early run they went on whilst we were in genuinely relegation form may mean they are too far ahead of us. Especially given they are also improving a lot I think. Leicester however are in big trouble.

Nevertheless, whether it’s Chelsea, Leicester, 5th and City’s ban is upheld or winning the Europa League there are no excuses for us not being in the Champions League next year now. And if we buy 3 players as well as we’ve bought Maguire, Fernandes and AWB there should be no excuses not to be challenging at the top of the league very soon.

diarm

Whilst I definitely think we can do it, I'm surprised people are so confident. Our games are winnable but it's not a forgone conclusion that we'll win every game. We have absolutely no margin for error, one slip up and I think that's us done for.

With Leicester, because of the goal difference gap we need them to drop 4 points more than we do leading up to the last game of the season where we play them, and then we need to beat them away from home.

I still think we can catch Chelsea as we have a goal difference advantage over them and I'm banking on them losing to Liverpool which just means they need to draw one more. But again this relies on us winning every game.

Best I think we can hope for right now is we go into the last game against Leicester needing to win to get top 4.
Leicesters goal difference is getting less and less important.

Say it remains as is until the penultimate round of games, with us 6 points back and 10 goals worse off. If we beat West Ham 3-0 at home and they lose by 3 away to Spurs, that would leave us needing a 3-0 win there on the last day to finish above them.

To be honest, if we get close enough to take them on the last day, I fancy the goal difference to be negligible.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Do Liverpool have anything to play for? They're not even in any cups, their season is truly over - in style
Providing we don't lose/draw to Villa & Burnley before we'll want to keep the records we've set at Anfield. There's quite a few, and it's the game with the trophy lift after so I expect us to take it seriously.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Decline haha, he’s not in the best form, but still fantastic and is merely having a less than average few weeks. Far from calling it an abrupt decline good lord.