Top 4 Race 19/20 | duffer: "We [Chelsea] are getting 3rd. Despite what the lunatics in here think, Man United are not all that."

RonaldoVII

Leicester haven't been the same since the Liverpool mauling. It's very much in their hands but there are three in-form teams behind them at the moment and you don't have to be brain of Britain to work out the odds of them getting overhauled.

Wolves are a threat, I would rest easy if they picked up a draw or defeat soon.
As it stands we're 3 points behind Leicester and 8 goals worse off. So technically it's also in our hands if they go ahead and lose.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Leicester have got more dropped points in them. Can't really see them winning games by multiple goals either so think the key for us is to have two or three more scorelines like Sheffield United/Brighton before facing Leicester on the final game of the season.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
We’re looking good for it. Leicester will end up dropping out.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Sweet. It’s wide open now.

Just need West Ham to do us a favour now.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Well done Everton, on the ropes for a good 20-30mins, but saw it through excellently.

No-one's expecting anything from West Ham, but if they could even snatch a draw that'll be superb

KennyBurner

Now that leicester is defeated do we need to be more worried about wolves winning all their remaining games?

Thiagoal

Leicester will be very lucky to get into the top four now- Arsenal. Tottenham and Utd will all take points off them! My worry is more Wolves now as they are in great form

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Would cap a perfect couple of days if West Ham can get something from Chelsea. If not, then still very good with this defeat. Leicester look very ordinary, and I can certainly see United being above them by the time we play there. Let's hope we can keep winning and make that fixture irrelevant.

Lee565

If it wasnt for wolves I would go as far to say we can afford to even lose a game as i think Leicester will drop more than another 3 points before we face them on the last day

DeGea

Leicester are still to play Arsenal, Spurs and us. Add that to playing Palace which won't be a walk in the park either. They are in trouble.

Thiagoal

Could be an epic last day if the season of us Chelsea, Wolves and Leicester are all in contention! Chelsea v Wolves and Leicester V United

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I hope to be at least 4 points clear of Leicester come the final day. They are dropping points for fun at the moment so I think that’s possible.

FerociousCorgis

Pretty simple that united wins out they should get top 4. With our remaining fixtures no excuse really minus maybe the last Leicester game

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Everton still have more to say in this top 4 battle, they'll be my second team for the remainder of the season. We're still behind on goal difference but I don't think that'll matter ultimately because I think Leicester will keep dropping points.

Also West Ham don't have a chance in hell of getting anything off Chelsea, don't get your hopes up.

Traub

I think chelsea are nailed on for third now. Leaves it as a straight shootout between us, wolves and Leicester. Hopefully Chelsea can take something off wolves on the last day.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I think arsenal could get something at wolves next game week. Tails will be in the air now and arteta is starting to get an idea of his best team and who wants to play for him.

BestRed

Come on Moysie, ya know what to do, win tonight and all will be forgiven.

...oh no it won't!!

Last edited:

Shark

@NotShark
I hope to be at least 4 points clear of Leicester come the final day. They are dropping points for fun at the moment so I think that’s possible.
They've Palace next who will be looking to bounce back from two straight defeats. Hopefully they don't pick up because they looked a bit better vs Everton especially when Maddison got a bit closer to Vardy.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Wolves are in good form, but their fixtures have been West Ham, Bournemouth and Villa.

They’ve got a tougher run in their next 4.

Arsenal, Sheff Utd, Everton, Burnley

Before finishing against Palace and Chelsea.

Id be very surprised if they don’t drop any points

drmuji

Wolves are in good form, but their fixtures have been West Ham, Bournemouth and Villa.

They’ve got a tougher run in their next 4.

Arsenal, Sheff Utd, Everton, Burnley

Before finishing against Palace and Chelsea.

Id be very surprised if they don’t drop any points
This. I completely agree. I don't think they have in them to win against Everton or Burnley. Arsenal are very unpredictable and so are Sheffield United.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Now that leicester is defeated do we need to be more worried about wolves winning all their remaining games?
Leicester will be very lucky to get into the top four now- Arsenal. Tottenham and Utd will all take points off them! My worry is more Wolves now as they are in great form
Wolves have Arsenal, Everton and Chelsea. They aren't going unbeaten.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Leicester is out, and have said for a while that we're going to overtake them, and maybe Chelsea too.
Love it! - Even though i have a friend who's Leicester fan, and she's really sweet and down to earth, so i feel sorry for her.

Jaxa

Chelsea will win this and tbh they are spot on for 3rd, I can only really see them drop points to Liverpool and there last game is against Wolves and us against Leicester, very tasty, however i hope it doesn't come down to the last game on the day and (purely for my anxiety)

Leicester have Arsenal , Sheffield, Spurs still where I can see them dropping points, our most difficult remaining fixture will be Southhampton i think and West Ham just due to the whole ex man united manager thing and plus West Ham have turned into somewhat of a bogey team for us.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Chelsea will win this and tbh they are spot on for 3rd, I can only really see them drop points to Liverpool and there last game is against Wolves and us against Leicester, very tasty, however i hope it doesn't come down to the last game on the day and (purely for my anxiety)

Leicester have Arsenal , Sheffield, Spurs still where I can see them dropping points, our most difficult remaining fixture will be Southhampton i think and West Ham just due to the whole ex man united manager thing and plus West Ham have turned into somewhat of a bogey team for us.
They were saying that about Brighton away. West Ham are much worse than the sum of their parts. Due to being managed by a cnut.