Top 4 Race 19/20 | duffer: "We [Chelsea] are getting 3rd. Despite what the lunatics in here think, Man United are not all that."

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
I tend to agree.

I can see you guys dropping 4 or 5 points between the Wolves and the Liverpool games, but I see Leicester dropping 4-7 points themselves between the games they have remaining.

EDIT - The good thing is there will be some proper clarity by 9:30 tomorrow morning, and it might be the case that we all qualify in any case.
We play again Tuesday now at home to Norwich, win that would take us back a point clear of LCFC, should they win today. Then we just need to hope Sheff U do another fine job and beat/draw.

Dominos

If I've calculated correctly - if Chelsea draw vs Liverpool and win the rest, whilst we win our next 3 games - we can afford to lose on the final game and still finish top 4 above Chelsea (on goal difference)?

I really don't want to go into the last game needing a result, my nerves can't take it.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If I've calculated correctly - if Chelsea draw vs Liverpool and win the rest, whilst we win our next 3 games - we can afford to lose on the final game and still finish top 4 above Chelsea (on goal difference)?

I really don't want to go into the last game needing a result, my nerves can't take it.
Presuming that we don't win 3 games 1-0, and lose 3-0 to Leicester, while Chelsea win by 13 over their 2 victories :)

rotherham_red

We have actually improved without him.
I dunno, you guys looked off Chelsea's level in the FA Cup without him (outside of the fast start), you looked poor at Everton until he came on, and it was all huff and puff against Arsenal until they had a man sent off.

Right now you look comfortable, but it's Bournemouth...

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
We play again Tuesday now at home to Norwich, win that would take us back a point clear of LCFC, should they win today. Then we just need to hope Sheff U do another fine job and beat/draw.
Leicester's goal difference is essentially a point at this point in time so Chelsea would need them to lose to Sheff Utd.

Cal?

CR7 fan
I'm kidding really, the way we're playing this season getting 9 points or 0 points would not be a surprise.

We might finish 6th, lose in the FA Cup and win the Champions League.
Seriously? :confused:

You're going to overturn the 3-0 away?

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Leicester have been in the top 4 since September! :lol:

They’ve only gone & bloody bottled it! :devil:

Falling at the final hurdle. Unlucky lads :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RedDevilRoshi

We could never haves asked for a better weekend! Bournemouth & Sheffield Utd have done us a huge favour. No excuses now, we have to win tomorrow night!

Raw

Leicester's GD is only 4 higher than ours now. We might actually over take their GD!
Edit: Make that 3 :lol:!

Cal?

CR7 fan
The perfect weekend, Chelsea & Leicester both lose, Liveprool screw up their perfect home record.

We may even catch Leicester's GD :lol:

Woodenlung

I'd still be happy with a point from tomorrow's game. Just get anything from that, beat Palace and West Ham and I reckon we'll just need a draw against Leicester to ensure a top 4 place. Don't see Chelsea or Leicester picking up 2 wins in their final 3 fixtures.

ChaddyP

Shut this game off at half time only to realise my phone was blowing up. Can't believe our luck

Cal?

CR7 fan
That's the joke mate - we're so bloody inconsistent that predictions over our results are a fool's errand
I gathered, but whilst you ARE wildly inconsistent and can beat the best on a good day, overturning a 3-0 deficit away at Bayern is a little far-fetched.

Even that 3-peat Real side or won everything Barca side would struggle to do that.

Morpheus 7

Tomorrow feels huge, we win it and we're in business. United can't blow this now, like a final. Leicester are finished, they have crumbled.

My guess ignoring cup games is:
Leicester - 2 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss (66 points)
Chelsea - 3 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss (67 points)
United - 4 wins, 1 draw (68 points)
Wow, you think Leicester will lose just one of United, Arsenal & Spurs? I have Leicester down for 3 losses looking at their record since mid-December.
Leicester could easily get at least a point from all 3 of those games... We have to play them on the last day of the season with potentially Champions League football on the line, it will be more like a cup game if anything.
I still can’t believe some of you lot thought Leicester were suddenly gonna turn it around. :lol:

After tonight that’s 5 wins, 6 draws and 8 losses in their last 19 games. My fecking lord.

Red Stone

I had us clear favourites for 3rd after 33 games played. Now it's essentially nailed on unless we deliver a monumental feck-up. A lot of questions will be answered about our mettle in the next five games.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
All of a sudden, I can’t see leicester getting more than 3 points from their last 3