Top 4 Race 19/20 | duffer: "We [Chelsea] are getting 3rd. Despite what the lunatics in here think, Man United are not all that."

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Decline haha, he’s not in the best form, but still fantastic and is merely having a less than average few weeks. Far from calling it an abrupt decline good lord.
2 goals in the last 13 league matches, both of which were when he came on as a sub against Villa (and one of those was a penalty). He's managed 1 assist in that time. That's "a less than average few weeks"?

His shocking decline in form is the biggest reason Leicester have fallen back to the pack; I don't see how this is debatable. He's looked even worse since the restart as well.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
No win for Leicester against Everton is very important because their bad form would continue and then it's very likely we would have it in our own hands against Leicester on the last matchday (because i don't think they will win both away matches against Arsenal and Tottenham).

Chelsea should easily win against West Ham.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
2 goals in the last 13 league matches, both of which were when he came on as a sub against Villa (and one of those was a penalty). He's managed 1 assist in that time. That's "a less than average few weeks"?

His shocking decline in form is the biggest reason Leicester have fallen back to the pack; I don't see how this is debatable. He's looked even worse since the restart as well.
I wonder if his wife is affecting his performance at all. Keeping concentration is a big deal and she's going to courts out of stupidity.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona

I’m in the wrong thread! I thought this was about Messi Hahahaha

I think that’s enough internet from me. Carry on!

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
No win for Leicester against Everton is very important because their bad form would continue and then it's very likely we would have it in our own hands against Leicester on the last matchday (because i don't think they will win both away matches against Arsenal and Tottenham).

Chelsea should easily win against West Ham.
It's a London derby so who knows, may be somehow Rice & Noble can find a way to motivate their team mate to win.

I have no hope at all for West Ham tomorrow, even if Chelsea have been a little suspect defensively since the restart. They're too efficient and Lampard has been great at mid-game adjustments. Hope I'm wrong and West Ham does us a favor of course, but still hope those pricks go down.

Everton Leicester provides a serious opportunity for dropped points though

ManUnitedCanuck

Really need those above us to drop points soon so they really start feeling the pressure of the chase.

Hope we can continue our form and keep banging out the 3 points. It’s going to be a nail biter.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I've been saying since Spurs that with Pogba and Bruno we'll win every game with Leicester away being tricky. Our front 5 alone have huge potential and you could put the Burnley back 4 behind them and I'd still be very optimistic due to the gulf in quality between us and the teams we still have to play.

I expect Chelsea to finish above Leicester barring a disaster for the blues.

I think United have a chance to potentially erase Leicester's goal difference advantage too.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I've been saying since Spurs that with Pogba and Bruno we'll win every game with Leicester away being tricky. Our front 5 alone have huge potential and you could put the Burnley back 4 behind them and I'd still be very optimistic due to the gulf in quality between us and the teams we still have to play.

I expect Chelsea to finish above Leicester barring a disaster for the blues.

I think United have a chance to potentially erase Leicester's goal difference advantage too.
Unfortunately think that's too far away. Best case scenario for us is we win all games until we play them, and they lose to Everton, Arsenal and Spurs while winning 3 easier games (9 points from 6 games). In that case, I think we at best only go above them by a goal or 2 (stretch), which then leaves it down to the last game of the season. I don't see them dropping more than 9 points of the last 18, 9 is already a good amount so I do think that last game will be important. For us to surpass them in GD without surpassing them in points would need them to get hammered or us really get a few 4-0's by the end of the season and staying dominant. Big ask. But generally I think it comes down to the last game.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Unfortunately think that's too far away. Best case scenario for us is we win all games until we play them, and they lose to Everton, Arsenal and Spurs while winning 3 easier games (9 points from 6 games). In that case, I think we at best only go above them by a goal or 2 (stretch), which then leaves it down to the last game of the season. I don't see them dropping more than 9 points of the last 18, 9 is already a good amount so I do think that last game will be important. For us to surpass them in GD without surpassing them in points would need them to get hammered or us really get a few 4-0's by the end of the season and staying dominant. Big ask. But generally I think it comes down to the last game.
You will likely be correct but I have a feeling we're gonna hand out a few hammerings in the coming weeks.. The attack has huge potential against the calibre of teams we have left to play.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Come on Everton. We need that one to go our way. These next few games will determine whether the top 4 race really opens up for us to the season ends in disappointment. Feeling confident given the difference in our and Leicesters form this year but they have the points on the board and you never know when a team can go on a run.

Havak

Pokemon master
I expect Chelsea to win tonight, but I don't think Leicester will. Hoping both draw though and we put a few past Bournemouth as well! :devil:

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Any particular standout reason why Leicester City have hit poor form ?
They've had injuries which they didn't have in the first half of the season. As more people are realising now with us, having your best team available makes a massive difference.

Number32

They've had injuries which they didn't have in the first half of the season. As more people are realising now with us, having your best team available makes a massive difference.
No excuse, they only miss Ricardo on starting XI. There is no surprise of their declining because Brendon Rogers did it regularly in the last 10 games of his Premiere League's season. He's feeling the pressure now, lets hope it will continue.

Judas

Open to offers
Chelsea will smash West Ham. Honestly I'm not even bothering to look at Chelsea now, it's all about Leicester, they're our ticket into the top 4 as they look a mess. Need Everton to just do what they did against Liverpool again, that'll do. Have them keep dropping points and we should make it really, what with how we're currently looking.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
No excuse, they only miss Ricardo on starting XI. There is no surprise of their declining because Brendon Rogers did it regularly in the last 10 games of his Premiere League's season. He's feeling the pressure now, lets hope it will continue.
They've had Ndidi and others missing games during this poor run. They've also not had to deal with games every 3/4 days. But yes let's hope it continues tonight.

Nickelodeon

It's imperative that we continue winning our games. There's a real chance that one or both of Leicester or Chelsea will drop points. But Wolves can't be taken for granted, they have had a fantastic run of form and are yet to concede a goal ever since the restart.

Even if we don't finish in the top 4, if we can maintain our form, I'll be confident about our chances in the Europa League. Another great thing about Europa is that not only it guarantees a spot in the CL but it does so as the top seed in the pots.

Riz

Chelsea look strong so overtaking Leicester is turning into our best bet to secure top 4.

If we win all our games up until the last game of the season we’ll have 67 points.

For Leicester to be out of sight by the time we play them (assuming their GD stays too significant to overturn) they need 5 wins from their next 6 which include Everton, Spurs and Arsenal.

For us to be out of sight by that time (again assuming we win our next 5) they would need to get less than 9 points. Their more favourable fixtures being Palace, Bournemouth, Sheff U.

I think both scenarios for them are unlikely, I don’t see them suddenly going on a run and winning 5 of the next 6 with those fixtures but I also don’t see them struggling to muster 9 points (either 3 wins or 2 wins and 3 draws from those 6).

Basically I think even if we manage to win our next 5 before we play them, it’s still likely to go down to the last game regardless. Obviously what will be important by that time is which side a draw benefits.

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
I have no hope at all for West Ham tomorrow, even if Chelsea have been a little suspect defensively since the restart. They're too efficient and Lampard has been great at mid-game adjustments. Hope I'm wrong and West Ham does us a favor of course, but still hope those pricks go down.

Everton Leicester provides a serious opportunity for dropped points though
They haven't conceded a goal in open play since the restart.

RkkMan

We should not be dropping a single point until Crystal Palace away.. even then that game we should be favourites comfortably.

Leicester will get a result tomorrow against Everton.
Don`t underestimate Ancelotti`s Everton on their day and just how poor Leicester have been not just since the restart but since Jan if you`ve been keen

Relfy

We are in good form and I can see Leicester stumbling at some point, hopefully starting tonight against Everton. Chelsea will likely drop points too, they have done so all season long. As long as we can maintain this run of form I think there will be slip ups. I like that we are playing before Leicester and Chelsea as it allows us to crank up the pressure on them before they play.

zakk88

Supports
Chelsea
We are in good form and I can see Leicester stumbling at some point, hopefully starting tonight against Everton. Chelsea will likely drop points too, they have done so all season long. As long as we can maintain this run of form I think there will be slip ups. I like that we are playing before Leicester and Chelsea as it allows us to crank up the pressure on them before they play.
I dont really see both Chelsea and United dropping many points in the run in, especially now that both teams have fully fit squads.

Chelsea's early good form suffered after the injuries to key players like Pulisic,Abraham, Kante, and Rudiger during the season.
United also missing Pogba, Bruno, Martial and a few other players clearly affected their form.

Bratone

Should we give up on the top 4 and try and win the Europa League to get a UCL place if for example we also beat Bournemouth at the weekend but both Chelsea and Leicester win their games against West Ham & Watford / Everton & Palace ? If this happens we'll still be a way 5 points off Chelsea and 6 off Leicester with 5 games to go and it will be highly unlikely that we'll be able to recoup that.

Should we use the weekend as a trigger for going all in for the Europa League and leave the league as the 2nd best option available ?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Leicester forum is fascinating reading. They're mostly resigned to losing out on top four. Everton, Arsenal and Spurs away are a nasty set of fixtures before facing us on the final day of the season and from their point of view they need a result tonight. Hope Everton can do us a favour.

Judas

Open to offers
Should we give up on the top 4 and try and win the Europa League to get a UCL place if for example we also beat Bournemouth at the weekend but both Chelsea and Leicester win their games against West Ham & Watford / Everton & Palace ? If this happens we'll still be a way 5 points off Chelsea and 6 off Leicester with 5 games to go and it will be highly unlikely that we'll be able to recoup that.

Should we use the weekend as a trigger for going all in for the Europa League and leave the league as the 2nd best option available ?
Obviously not? The Europa League isn't till August. Why on earth would we just throw the towel in on the league when its clearly still worth going for.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea

Why would you even need to pick one or the other? You ain't playing both at the same time.

Fletchageddon

Wolves are matching us point for point. They are flying under the radar due to the Pogba/Fernandes hype. They are a threat.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Wolves are matching us point for point. They are flying under the radar due to the Pogba/Fernandes hype. They are a threat.
They've just beat 3 of the bottom 4.

We'll see how good they are over the next few weeks.

Everyone will drop points IMO. Naturally we need to drop the least.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Kick Leicester out the league for ignoring social distancing & keeping covid alive. Promote Chelsea to 3rd & us to 4th.

It’s the correct thing to do. Can’t risk any of them Leicester cnuts infecting other teams, boot them out for the season! :cool:

Also, ban City for being cheating cnuts. Top 4 Pool, Chelsea, Us, Wolves. Looks good to me.

Sylar

United have the best set of fixtures no doubt. I think our next three games are nicely spaced out too. Momentum is helping, and i think the five subs will help United and Chelsea the most in these circumstances (esp with home advantage for smaller teams wiped out)

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I can’t see Leicester qualifying for the Champions League, as I doubt they will finish in the top 5. They are in terrible form, and have Everton away, Palace home and Arsenal away in their next 3, and should reasonably drop at least 4 points out of that lot I think. United and Wolves should both expect to be picking up more points than that from their own fixtures.

Okey

Assuming these July fixtures are confirmed, how did Chelsea end up with games on the 4th, 7th, 11th, 15th and 19th (FA Cup) while we ended up with 4th, 9th, 13th, 15th and 19th (same FA Cup game). Surely it could have been better arranged so we don't play 13th and 15th? I'm not aware of competing requirements that led to this scheduling. Hopefully it doesn't deal us a big blow at the business end of this top 4 battle.

diarm

If we can win all our games I'm pretty sure we'll finish 3rd, but that is a big if.

Everyone is saying Wolves have nice fixtures, but they still have Arsenal, Sheffield United and Everton to play soon, followed by Chelsea on the last day of the season and I can't see them winning all, or even three of those.

Leicester are in real trouble - they need to beat Everton, Arsenal, Sheffield United and Spurs, without letting us catch their goal difference, just to ensure they're safe on the last day of the season. I can't see that happening and to be honest, I think it'll be decided before that game.

I think we'll drop points somewhere along the way, meaning we'll finish the season in 4th, just behind Chelsea. If Leicester can get a result at Goodison tonight then they'll take 5th. If not I fancy Wolves to pip them to that spot as well.

The bottom is going to be tight as well. Norwich and Bournemouth are gone I reckon but there's a proper battle brewing between Villa, West Ham and Watford for that last spot. Villas trip to London on the final day of the season could be huge.

Guy Incognito

Leicester haven't been the same since the Liverpool mauling. It's very much in their hands but there are three in-form teams behind them at the moment and you don't have to be brain of Britain to work out the odds of them getting overhauled.

Wolves are a threat, I would rest easy if they picked up a draw or defeat soon.