Top 4 Race 19/20 | duffer: "We [Chelsea] are getting 3rd. Despite what the lunatics in here think, Man United are not all that."

Thiagoal

Real pressure on Leicester now! Can see third and fourth being up for grabs

Rooney1987

Real pressure on Leicester now! Can see third and fourth being up for grabs
Leicester remain 10 games they have Everton, Arsenal away in April and in May Sheffield United, Spurs and United. Even if it goes to 8 points tomorrow (which it probably will) I think we have a chance to catch them.

United have Leicester and Spurs next week but rest should be wins.

Chelsea‘s final tough few games will be Sheffield United, Wolves and Liverpool.

If United beat Spurs next week I think we make top 4 because after that we have a better run in then the rest.

TheReligion

Abusive
Funny all the Leicester fans fecked off isn't it?

They were telling us how great they were earlier this season and how finished United were..

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
We may return today’s favour at our last home game vs Chelsea. I think Top 4 is going to the last day.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
I think Leicester could drop out. If they don't win tomorrow their in danger. Looking at their last 7 games they're hard fixtures, even Watford away next week is tricky. They should've give themselves breathing space weeks ago but getting just 3 points from Southampton, Norwich 2x, Burnley, Chelsea, City, Wolves in Jan-Feb might cost them now.

croadyman

I think Leicester could drop out. If they don't win tomorrow their in danger. Looking at their last 7 games they're hard fixtures, even Watford away next week is tricky. They should've give themselves breathing space weeks ago but getting just 3 points from Southampton, Norwich 2x, Burnley, Chelsea, City, Wolves in Jan-Feb might cost them now.
Would be surprised if they dropped points tonight against Villa at home, can see them being so desperate to get them back for that defeat in the league cup semi final where they probably feel they let themselves down at the final hurdle.

diarm

Burnley and Everton out of it, Arsenal or Spurs next to drop out.
From that, I reckon Leicester will finish on 64 points and Chelsea 61.

Means we need 16/17 points to take 4th and 20 points to take 3rd.

Spurs next and Leicester on the final day are must wins.

JinnerJamie

Small ginger
From that, I reckon Leicester will finish on 64 points and Chelsea 61.

Means we need 16/17 points to take 4th and 20 points to take 3rd.

Spurs next and Leicester on the final day are must wins.
I think 14 points for Leicester would be a massive achievement given their recent form and those fixtures, Chelsea look good for at least 13 but I don't see them getting more than 20.

I'd say we need at least 18 points and we'll be in.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Very unlikely. But we've at least given ourselves some chance at top 4. Chelsea clear favourite though.
Are they? They're just 3 points ahead of us, in worse form, and still have to play City, Liverpool, Sheffield United and Wolves.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Are they? They're just 3 points ahead of us, in worse form, and still have to play City, Liverpool, Sheffield United and Wolves.
By that time Liverpool and City has nothing to play for.

Shark

@NotShark
it’s better them playing two shite teams with nothing to play for, not like both of them will gift Chelsea 3 points or their fans would accept that regardless of what they’ve to play for.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Maybe clear favourites is exaggerating. The 3 point gap is important. If we beat Spurs away I would probably change my mind.

cyberman

Its Liverpools last home gsme in a title winning season.
They kind of do. If you used this logic they would have downed tools months ago when the race was over

Irwin99

Feck, look at Leicester's goal difference (helped by the 9-0 earlier in the season but still, pretty impressive). I think they'll get top 4.

Fox_Chrys

Supports
LCFC
Ndidi back probably means more for us than Vardy, but if both stay fit and on form I am a bit more confident than a month ago. Our goal difference is worth a point, but I think it will be close come end of season.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Interesting looking at last seasons table and seeing how every team in top 4 contention is way down on points total compared to this season. That's what happens when the 1st placed team barely drops a point all season.

Last year on Sat 2nd March pretty much every team had played 29 games (Chelsea had only played 27).

Anyway Spurs had 61 points (so 20 points down this season ), Man. United had 58 points, (13 down ) and Arsenal had 57 points so 17 points down although one game in hand. Wolves are actually performing as they did last season, had 43 points then.

All those teams could've easily made 75 points but messed up in the run in, Chelsea only got to 72 points in the end and finished 3rd.

Been a really weird season. 70 points is usually par for 4th so you'd have next to no chance of getting top 4 in usual seasons if you were just in the 45-42 point range.

Raw

Burnley and Everton out of it, Arsenal or Spurs next to drop out.
Honestly more worried about the fixtures between Spurs and Leicester, than Spurs and Leicester themselves. So many potential banana skins. Though if we don't win at least 5 of those then we don't deserve top 4.

Irwin99

I think the team with the lowest points tally to get a top 4 CL spot was Liverpool in 2004 with 60 points (correct me if i'm wrong). I think Chelsea, United, Wolves etc. will get above that but probably not by much. The teams chasing having been absolutely dire this season.

Fox_Chrys

Supports
LCFC
I think that's why the point totals are so low, initially teams think they fighting for the title, so more effort is put in by the players, once the title is deemed out of reach, I don't think the mind set to make top 4 is the same as for fighting for a title, so form drops. As you said Liverpool have had outstanding form this season, almost perfect and this has led to the chasing giving up at a much earlier point in the season.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Do we believe we will get top 4? If so - why?
Yes. IMO we are the 3rd best side in the league, but a lack of squad depth hurt us in the first half plus big injuries to key players making it worse. Pogba missed all season, we only just signed Bruno when Rashford got a big injury and Ighalo with depth. Now we have everyone fit, and have the reinforcements. The way the season was going and with our remaining fixtures, I think we were all but set to shoot up and possibly sneak 3rd away from Leicester. Now especially with the squad fit and well balanced, I think we'll for sure finish top 4. By far the easiest remaining fixtures too, only now with proper creativity to take advantage of that.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
You have one of the easiest run in’s in the league. You were on form before the virus so keeping that going may be the only factor from keeping you from not getting fourth.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
Yes. IMO we are the 3rd best side in the league, but a lack of squad depth hurt us in the first half plus big injuries to key players making it worse. Pogba missed all season, we only just signed Bruno when Rashford got a big injury and Ighalo with depth. Now we have everyone fit, and have the reinforcements. The way the season was going and with our remaining fixtures, I think we were all but set to shoot up and possibly sneak 3rd away from Leicester. Now especially with the squad fit and well balanced, I think we'll for sure finish top 4. By far the easiest remaining fixtures too, only now with proper creativity to take advantage of that.
I just hope we can all gel.. quickly.

NJM78

I'm going for no.

My pre season prediction was an assured no but we have improved since Bruno and had the season not stopped when we were on a good run, I would be more positive. Everyone is now starting a fresh with injured players returned and a lack of match sharpness, I don't even think we will beat Spurs next Friday.

Let's hope I'm wrong on both counts.