Top 4 Race 19/20 | duffer: "We [Chelsea] are getting 3rd. Despite what the lunatics in here think, Man United are not all that."

Red Foxx

Looking at our remaining fixtures, we should absolutely be finishing with a CL spot, third is what I’m hoping.

If we end up having to rely on City’s ban being upheld or qualifying via Europa, I’d be speechless

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Still think it's Leicesters to lose but Wolves and Man. United have looked very sharp since restart so can see both winning majority of games they have left. Of course finishing 5th could be just as important as 4th pending Man. City hearing.

Kag

Leicester have won 2 out of their last 10 league games. I’d be unbelievably surprised if we didn’t catch them. Wolves are probably a bigger worry at this point.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
One down, seven to go. No injuries and a improved goal ratio.

I’m pretty sure Leicester is dropping down to fifth, maybe even sixth. We need to win six games to finish third and it’s achievable.

Brighton away up next and Bournemouth after that. King and Wilson will be out against up. In other words Solanke will score against us, but reckon we still get three points.

Untd55

If Chelsea manages to win against City, it will be difficult to remove them from the top four. Chelsea do seem to be able to pull out some results against them; I have a feeling they will take 3 points.

Rish Sawhney

It is in our hands guys. We just need to focus on winning all our remaining games which is very doable and if we do I fully expect our last game vs. Leicester to be for 3rd.

cyberman

When Palace play us itll be their 7th game in 25 odd days. People need to remember this when they start looking forward into potential results. Our fixture list looks easier than it does on paper

Raw

Honestly Brighton worries me, they look like a team that'd be really frustrating to play against. Don't get a win there and it could cause our heads to drop and end our season. I don't think we've ever won at their ground in the PL before?

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Brighton and Palace away are our toughest games left in the league until we meet Leicester.
Palace will be ran rugged by the time we play them. They don't have the squad to maintain this hectic schedule. Best thing to happen to us is having to play all these lower teams with games coming thick and fast since they don't have the squad depth to carry them properly during this busy period.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
Wolves are also quietly doing the business. Let's hope they slow down because they're getting results left right and center.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Think Chelsea, Leicester will drop out and we /Wolves will get through. Chelsea would still be playing CL since City's ban will remain.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Honestly Brighton worries me, they look like a team that'd be really frustrating to play against. Don't get a win there and it could cause our heads to drop and end our season. I don't think we've ever won at their ground in the PL before?
I thought up to now you would win that one comfortably but their recent momentum, getting this weekend off and Lamptey's emergence (someone to keep pace with Rashford) could make it more tricky than it was initially due to be.

Irwin99

Us and Wolves have the easiest fixtures but it might actually be the likes of Aston Villa, West Ham, Watford and Bournemouth that have a say in this...those guys have got to get their act together and fast.

diarm

Wolves go to Chelsea and we go to Leicester on the last day of the season. Those two games could potentially be huge!

KennyBurner

Just looking at Chelsea next fixtures after City and they still have Liverpool, Wolves and Sheffield. We honestly shouldn't be worried about finishing top 4 because its a given, At this point it looks like we will finish top 3. Place your bets guys.

diarm

Just looking at Chelsea next fixtures after City and they still have Liverpool, Wolves and Sheffield. We honestly shouldn't be worried about finishing top 4 because its a given, At this point it looks like we will finish top 3. Place your bets guys.
Delete this please. Then don't speak or type anything until August.

Thank you.

croadyman

My gut feeling is that Chelsea will hand another team their first premier league title tonight. Hopefully though they still end up dropping two points at the same time

SpyLuke10

We are going to see at least one of our "stars" get injured I'm sure. Then all of the sudden we will struggle. We have an incredibly exciting attack now but it's paper thin, if one gets injured we lose so much.

The final 7 games wont be easy at all, it's possible to get top 4 but it will be really difficult.
dont you dare suggest this! bugger off! NOT LISTENING!!

Judas

Open to offers
The good thing about playing teams desperate for results is, you'd think they'll have to start going for wins soon too, points aren't enough for some of these sides now, they need all 3. Yesterday proved if we go out full guns blazing we can easily put the more average sides to bed. I'm hopeful, but there's a long way to go, but you have to be encouraged by how easy we made it look.

The good thing about playing teams desperate for results is, you'd think they'll have to start going for wins soon too, points aren't enough for some of these sides now, they need all 3. Yesterday proved if we go out full guns blazing we can easily put the more average sides to bed. I'm hopeful, but there's a long way to go, but you have to be encouraged by how easy we made it look.
I agree, teams like Brighton, Villa etc can't afford to sit deep and hope for the best because they need to win, a draw does nothing for them.

RashyForPM

So, my first post on RedCafe! Good morning to everyone.

Anyway, looking at the way United have been rolling lately, I am hopeful and predicting that we will get top 4, or even 3. For one, our front five consisting of Pogba, Bruno, Mason, Marcus and Martial is undoubtedly the third best in the league. The defence ain’t too shabby either, as 3 conceded in 13 games show. Providing we get lucky with injuries, this is team who will hopefully propel us to 3rd-4th place:

De Gea
AWB Lindelof Maguire Shaw
Pogba Matic
Greenwood Fernandes Rashford
Martial

However, it is not Chelsea who I am most confident of overtaking (although I do also think we will pip them to 3rd place due to their schedule), but Leicester. They are the sort of team who after a fantastic run go on a long spell of bad form, as they showed us in 2016-17 after their title win and this season already. They have not been playing well since Christmas and the trio of Vardy, Maddison and Tielemans look a shadow of the players they were for 5 months.

Wolves are in the running too and should never be discounted, with a brilliant modern manager and the same 11 ever week all working for each other. However, if United have been criticised for being poor at breaking teams down this season, then Wolves are absolutely shocking (despite their last 2 games), hence why I am not too worried about them yet. But, I believe they will pip Leicester to 5th and get the final CL spot, should City’s ban be upheld.

As for Spurs, Sheffield and Arsenal, without wanting to sound too dismissive, their top 4/5 bids are complete non-starters. Spurs have the most negative “top” manager in the world, while the other two have played badly since the restart and just do not have the squad depth, unlike us, Chelsea, Wolves, Leicester and Spurs.

1) Them who shall not be named
2) City
3) United
4) Chelsea
5) Wolves
6) Leicester
7) Spurs

Reactions: Penna

rotherham_red

It would be good news for you if any of the other 18 manager would have said that.
And that's before we even consider the depth of City's squad. They rested Sterling, Laporte, KDB on Monday, and still proceeded to dick on Burnley.

If they rest other players tonight, so what? Those three will most likely be starting in any case, and they happen to be their most potent forward, their most creative midfielder, and their best defender.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
Lets do a little fixture comparsion between us, Leicester, Chelsea and Wolves. As one writer stated above, Spurs and Sheffield is without a miracle out. I will predict the points total also, just for my fun.

Leicester - 55 points
- Everton (a) - 1p
- Crystal Palace (h) - 3p
- Arsenal (a) - 0p
- Bournemouth (a) - 1p
- Sheffield United (h) - 3p
- Spurs (a) - 0p
- Manchester United (h) - 0p
Chelsea - 51 points
- Shitty (h) - 1p Result: 3p
- West Ham (a) - 3p
- Watford (h) - 1p
- Crystal Palace (a) - 1p
- Sheffield United (a) - 3p
- Norwich (h) - 3p
- Liverpool (a) - 1p
- Wolves (h) - 0p
Wolves - 49 points
- Aston Villa (a) - 3p
- Arsenal (h) - 3p
- Sheffield United (a) - 1p
- Everton (h) - 3p
- Burnley (a) - 0p
- Crystal Palace (h) - 1p
- Chelsea (a) - 3p
Manchester United - 49 points
- Brighton (a) - 1p
- Bournemouth (h) - 3p
- Aston Villa (a) - 3p
- Southampton (h) - 3p
- Crystal Palace (a) - 0p
- West Ham (h) - 3p
- Leicester (a) - 3p
Final
Manchester United - 65
Chelsea - 64
Leicester - 63
Wolverhampton - 63
Let’s how close I get, will update this along the way.

Edit: No jokes, just predictions

Last edited:

SpyLuke10

Lets do a little fixture comparsion between us, Leicester, Chelsea and Wolves. As one writer stated above, Spurs and Sheffield is without a miracle out. I will predict the points total also, just for my fun.

Leicester - 55 points

Chelsea - 51 points

Wolves - 49 points

Manchester United - 49 points

Final

Let’s how close I get, will update this along the way.

Edit: No jokes, just predictions
I'm certainly interested to see how close you are with your predictions.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
It will be close. I think Man Utd will storm the rest of the season comfortably, Leicester haven’t impressed since coming back and Chelsea have got some tricky games. Wolves could sneak up though which would be interesting. It’s nice to see some serious competition to the usual top 6 in the PL. I can’t see it but imagine Leicester and Wolves in the top 4, it gives clubs like us the hope of doing similar.

always_hoping

If City put more of a focus on their FA Cup tie on Sunday then Chelsea will get a result tonight. As for United one Premier league game at a time lads, Brighton away next Tuesday will be tricky, slip ups are possible in the remaining 8 games and IMO United can't really afford many more slip ups as I don't expect Chelsea, Leicester to drop as many points as others reckon.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I honestly feel we have left it about 3/4 games too late to catch Leicester.