Top 4 Race 19/20 | duffer: "We [Chelsea] are getting 3rd. Despite what the lunatics in here think, Man United are not all that."

jamesjimmybyrondean

Ole has said it before and that should be our mindset. We should be aiming for third. It's just 3 points that separates us so we should stop looking at the fourth spot. Aim for the stars reach the sky kind of thing.

Djemba-Djemba

I dont really appreciate how Man City downed tools against Chelsea and probably the scousers will as well. Its a conspiracy I you!!!!
Yeah but at least West Ham showed the other night that it's not necessarily the good sides that will take points off Chelsea. So I don't think we have to pin all our hopes on Liverpool doing us a favour, because I don't think they will either.

Can easily see Chelsea dropping points to Palace or Sheffield Utd.

Infra-red

Yeah but at least West Ham showed the other night that it's not necessarily the good sides that will take points off Chelsea. So I don't think we have to pin all our hopes on Liverpool doing us a favour, because I don't think they will either.

Can easily see Chelsea dropping points to Palace or Sheffield Utd.
I think all of the contenders will drop points - the season has shown that none are particularly consistent. I expect that we will drop some during the Southampton, Crystal Palace, West Ham sequence (with Chelsea in the middle of it).

Long way to go.

Glorio

Gotta hand it to you, you've summarised the hands debate single handedly in one post. I hold my hands up and admit that I wasn't sure who had it in their hands, but you've handed me the answer. Leicester and Chelsea have it in their hands because they already have the points on board with no games in hand. On the other hand, us and Wolves have it in our hands because as long as we can handle our remaining fixtures to keep pace with Leicester and Chelsea, we could both hand them a defeat on the final day of the season to take top 4 spots. So effectively, it's in everyones hands as long as each team is on form. I think we have a solid chance, just need to everyone to turn up and perform, no mistakes from De Gea, we just want to see clean sheets and safe hands.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Havak

Pokemon master
Saturday July 4th

15:00: Leicester City vs. Crystal Palace
15:00: Manchester United vs. Bournemouth
17:30: Wolverhampton Wanderers vs. Arsenal
20:00: Chelsea vs. Watford

I don't think we need to include Sheffield United or Spurs anymore... But even they have tricky games against Burnley & Everton respectively. I suppose they have an outside chance of finishing 5th along with Arsenal if they win pretty much every game left which could be enough, but I very much doubt they're going to win 5-6 games in a row to finish the season.

A lot of these games look like draws being the more likely result. You'd still think Leicester would be slight favourites on paper, while Chelsea should be big favourites against Watford. However, I think Watford are due a result and are the team in that bottom 4-5 most capable of pulling out a big result. Arsenal are playing better, but Wolves are just so solid. I can see a draw. If we can do our job, there is good hope for some more results going our way again this game week.

Leicester/Palace Draw, United Win, Wolves/Arsenal Draw, Chelsea Win is my prediction.

rotherham_red

I think we'll finish 6th, could see us getting as few as 6 points from the last 6 games.
Nah I think Top 4 is nailed on for you. At worst, it'll be a loss v Liverpool and a draw v Wolves, but the rest of your games are eminently winnable.

Stevondo8

We do this predictions game at my work, having gone through the remaining fixtures excluding the final day, I have Chelsea safe in 3rd whilst the other 3 will all have 65 points...obviously won’t work out like that, would make for an exciting final day though!

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
Nah I think Top 4 is nailed on for you. At worst, it'll be a loss v Liverpool and a draw v Wolves, but the rest of your games are eminently winnable.
We're creating nothing and facing several teams based on being solid defensively, not a good recipe. Add in that we are horrific at defending set pieces and all of Watford, Palace and Sheff Utd are dangerous at them.

Handré1990

Have to say I was very worried we’d lose our momentum after the long break, and didn’t really dare to hope for more than fifth and a City ban handing us CL. Very happy about how we look right now. We certainly look like the best team out of our competitors for the top 4(3). Just hope we didn’t leave it too late. I do feel confident though!

rotherham_red

We're creating nothing and facing several teams based on being solid defensively, not a good recipe. Add in that we are horrific at defending set pieces and all of Watford, Palace and Sheff Utd are dangerous at them.
I dunno. I think the attack hasn't been the problem, but the defence. The West Ham game will also be the kick up the rear they need to keep themselves switched on for the rest of the season.

If you drop points against Watford though, then I'd begin to worry, but I just can't see that happening.

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
I dunno. I think the attack hasn't been the problem, but the defence. The West Ham game will also be the kick up the rear they need to keep themselves switched on for the rest of the season.

If you drop points against Watford though, then I'd begin to worry, but I just can't see that happening.
I've layed us in each of the next three, pretty sure i'll end up +

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Think Leicester will draw, Utd win to level on pts with LCFC but behind on GD. Thus going into 4th. We win to go 3rd 2 clear. Leicester then eventually fade away

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Crap that Leicester bagged 3 goals to keep up with the GD. But still will be taking that spot off them I believe!
Yeah, bit rubbish would have been nice to claw some back, but I still think we will out point them and probably be in a who wins gets top 4 game versus them.

diarm

Feel like we left goals behind us there. Wolves could genuinely score 15 goals today with Traore against Arsenal and their happy go wandering wingback formation.

el3mel

Chelsea will have a lot of pressure on them today. Hopefully gets into their players and they crumble.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Chelsea are a glorious team, exceptional at the back, mesmerising in the middle and awe inspiring going forward. There is no chance, and I mean no chance, that Watford will get anything today....

Jinx Gods do your thing!
:devil::devil:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Crap that Leicester bagged 3 goals to keep up with the GD. But still will be taking that spot off them I believe!
Yeah Vardy back among the goals ain't great either. Hopefully Arsenal beat them midweek

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

You lot are doing the jinxing wrong. You need to actually put money on Chelsea to win, that's the jinx.
Shit odds, you'd have to put about £50+ on to win anything worthwhile. And I'm not trusting Rudiger and Christensen with £50 :lol: I'd go as high as £20.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yeah Vardy back among the goals ain't great either. Hopefully Arsenal beat them midweek
Between Leicester playing Spurs and Arsenal away, and Chelsea playing away to Liverpool, enough points will be dropped that if we do our end of the bargain, we'll make it IMO.

5 wins and we'll be 3rd. 4 wins and a draw and we'll be 4th. More than the 1 game of dropped points and it might come down to goal difference.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
we are going back to 4th later. And of that im sure.

Should we fail... im going into hiding

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
At this point with united's schedule and squad it would be a disaster if they didn't make 4th. In form team at the moment and seem to have come together really nice. I'm thinking 3rd.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

At this point with united's schedule and squad it would be a disaster if they didn't make 4th. In form team at the moment and seem to have come together really nice. I'm thinking 3rd.
That defence and goalkeeper though :nervous:

I worry every time the opponent crosses the halfway line :lol: