Top 4 Race 19/20 | duffer: "We [Chelsea] are getting 3rd. Despite what the lunatics in here think, Man United are not all that."

pascell

I know he's having a laugh but on Ndidi snapchat, he videos Iheanacho reading out all the scorers of our game yesterday. These boys are feeling the heat that we're putting them under.

It's just a shame we score 5 and don't gain any goal difference on anyone.

Denis' cuff

Bestietom

If we win remaining 5 games we will finish 3rd......Liverpool will beat Chelsea and Leicester will drop more points.
We have the easiest run in of the lot, if we focus and stay injury free, we should win all 5...

CM

I know he's having a laugh but on Ndidi snapchat, he videos Iheanacho reading out all the scorers of our game yesterday. These boys are feeling the heat that we're putting them under.

It's just a shame we score 5 and don't gain any goal difference on anyone.
Mental as it sounds, we could've easily scored 7 or 8 and probably should've done.

I don't think it will come down to GD in the end though, we just have to keep playing as we are (maybe easier said than done) and one of the teams above us will falter.

KennyBurner

we have 7 games in 17 days. At some point we have to start thinking about resting key players. Our fixtures are so easy that I think Fred could feature more upcoming games in place of Matic. The only player I wont ever rest though is Bruno and Pogba. They should both always start and get subbed off once we do the business in the first half.

Pagh Wraith

Back to the only thing that matters in that regard. Current Betfair odds:

Man United: 1.4
Chelsea: 1.44
Leicester: 1.95

Some firms have Chelsea slightly ahead, some United. But both well ahead of Leicester now which reflects their much superior team strength.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Dont they lift the cup at home vs chelsea?

They wont want to lose that game
True, can't imagine they wanted to lose against City either though. Getting the trophy in front off an empty stadium will make for an interesting celebration.... :lol:, just another distraction for them.

Also we'll still be bitter about the Azpilicueta goal that should have been allowed in the game at the bridge earlier in the season. Just like City probably felt seriously aggrieved by how the entire season has gone..., before they battered them 4 0 last week. We'll be super motivated for the game.

gajender

It’s looking increasingly like the 4th place may come down to our final day clash at Leicester.
The way things are going It's looking quite opposite of that we may not even need the result against Leicester on the last day to qualify.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I think it's highly unlikely we'd be able to lose to Leicester and finish top 4.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
If we win remaining 5 games we will finish 3rd......Liverpool will beat Chelsea and Leicester will drop more points.
We have the easiest run in of the lot, if we focus and stay injury free, we should win all 5...
I don't think Liverpool will beat Chelsea. I think they will throw that match and let Chelsea win like what they did against City and also how City did to Chelsea. Chelsea needed 3 points while Liverpool will play for fun. Chelsea losing points to Wolves & Palace are more believable than losing points to Liverpool now. Beside, Palace usually get something against Chelsea.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Wow, you think Leicester will lose just one of United, Arsenal & Spurs? I have Leicester down for 3 losses looking at their record since mid-December.
2 points out of the 3 games, could be 3 points out of them and it being 1 win and 2 losses. 4 points from it is a reach, and 1 point is being too hopeful imo. Theyre still a good side with good players, just were on a rut. Either way, 4 points from those 3 fixtures would put them on 68 points like where I think we'll finish, but they would have the GD advantage.

Itll come down to the last game for United, Leicester and Chelsea regardless IMO. I dont see a scenario where the last game everything is decided unless City's ban is upheld. Chelsea have the most hope to have a relaxing last game, as if they keep pace with us and Leicester come the last game, then they'll know that one of the 2 will drop points and they'll be fine.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I don't think Liverpool will beat Chelsea. I think they will throw that match and let Chelsea win like what they did against City and also how City did to Chelsea. Chelsea needed 3 points while Liverpool will play for fun. Chelsea losing points to Wolves & Palace are more believable than losing points to Liverpool now. Beside, Palace usually get something against Chelsea.
Wouldnt be so sure. They're after the record and that could be the day they get it, and it'll be the trophy presentation day for them. Also is midweek after the fa cup semi final for United and Chelsea while liverpool have nothing. And Liverpool and Chelsea pretty much hate each other.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Glad that you changed your mind though. :D
Unexpected results for Chelsea and Leicester have given us a great chance that i didn't see coming. I still think we'll drop points in at least one of Palace, Southampton and Villa ourselves though.

always_hoping

He's got to talk the talk, I wouldn't read much into it. I doubt he has any idea what's going on at boardroom level tbh, he'd be wanting to stay well out of it and keep himself squeaky clean.

We shouldn't pay any attention to it regardless. Top 4 is within reach, we should be getting it.
Main reason why many are paying attention to it is because people want those cheaters ban to withhold. Let's be honest It will be total farce if they allowed back into the Champions League next season.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
One game at a time, as always. The situation has been changing on every single match day, and will continue to do so. We just have to make sure we keep picking up wins, and if we do manage to win the next four then I think at worst we'll go into the Leicester game needing just a point

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
One game at a time, as always. The situation has been changing on every single match day, and will continue to do so. We just have to make sure we keep picking up wins, and if we do manage to win the next four then I think at worst we'll go into the Leicester game needing just a point
I think it will be done if we win our next 4

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I think it will be done if we win our next 4
Could well be, but winning 4 in a row in this league is never easy no matter how kind the fixture list looks. I have a bad feeling about the Villa game for some reason. On form and on paper we should completely dominate them, but I have a bad feeling.

Tomorrow is a big day. Palace are 6 to 1 to beat Chelsea at home which looks a decent price. Leicester away to Arsenal. This could be a huge week in the race.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
If Arsenal beat Leicester on Tuesday, their points would be level with Wolves (52), and only 3 points gap with us.

They will enter the race this week, I can't believe it.
Oh here we go.

Last week everyone was shitting themselves about Wolves.

Arsenal are six points behind us and there is no chance they overhaul us.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I can’t see Leicester beating Arsenal, even with a good result at the weekend. Palace always seem to raise their game against the big sides too and if Lampard gets his team wrong there, you never know.

Have to start a full team against Villa and get 3 points. It’s crucial.

VanGaalEra

I’m hoping Soton used up all their luck against City and everything we hit goes in. That could be a banana skin, also hoping West Ham are pretty much safe by the time we play them.

VanGaalEra

Could well be, but winning 4 in a row in this league is never easy no matter how kind the fixture list looks. I have a bad feeling about the Villa game for some reason. On form and on paper we should completely dominate them, but I have a bad feeling.

Tomorrow is a big day. Palace are 6 to 1 to beat Chelsea at home which looks a decent price. Leicester away to Arsenal. This could be a huge week in the race.
Grealish and Mings seemed like they were carrying knocks in the Liverpool game, if one of them is out of our game, will be a big loss for them. If both are out, we should be walking it.

Grealish went down on at least 3 occasions needing treatment on his ankle.

Leicester could be without Chilwell and Maddison, really hoping for another week of results like the last couple have been for us.

Shiva87

Let’s hope arsenal do us a second favour in a weeks time. Their win against wolves was a good result, but it will be brilliant if they can beat Leicester (preferably by a couple of goals).

it may come down to goal difference on the last day of the season, so I am hoping we make a significant chunk of that up. A 3-4 nil win for us, with say a 2 nil defeat for them, and suddenly it’s +3GD for them. Much more beatable than a +9.

Number32

Come on, it’s Arsenal? They will bottle it at some point. But I’m hoping they do beat Leicester on Tuesday. It is more be beneficial for us like today when they beat Wolves.
Yeah of course it's beneficial for us, just curious how they manage to crawl back to the race of top 4 or 5. Its amazing to see to be honest.
They play Spurs away and Liverpool home after that. I wouldn't worry too much about Arsenal
I am not worried about another club, just focus to win all the match available, then we will sit on top 4 by the end of the season. I would worry if some people here didn't stop moaning about the goal difference, 3 points is all what we need.
Oh here we go.

Last week everyone was shitting themselves about Wolves.

Arsenal are six points behind us and there is no chance they overhaul us.
They don't have to finish above us to qualify for Champions League next season. If City got baned, Leicester and Chelsea drop points, even Sheffield and Spurs still have a chance to finish 5th.

Crusify_me

Supports
YAWN
My predictions:
1. Liverpool
2. Manchester
3. Leicester
4. Chelsea
5. Wolverhampton
6. Manchester United

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
While we are looking at predictions, most of the "experts" had Spurs & Arsenal well above both Man United and Chelsea (only 2 of them had us in the top 4 and those two are ex-players).

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
While we are looking at predictions, most of the "experts" had Spurs & Arsenal well above both Man United and Chelsea (only 2 of them had us in the top 4 and those two are ex-players).

With Chelsea yet to play Sheffield, Wolves, Liverpool (lucky the latter have little to play for), I think they can still end outside of top 4.
Even if they didn't it's not a gross over achievement, didn't most these guys have Chelsea 5th?

romufc

Our fixtures are so easy that I think Fred could feature more upcoming games in place of Matic.
Let me remind you.

Villa at home - Draw
Southampton away - Draw
West Ham away - Loss
Palace home - Loss.

Easy.

Last edited:

GeorgieBoy

Let me remind you.

Villa at home - Draw
Southampton away - Draw
West Ham away - Draw
Palace home - Draw.

Easy.
These were both losses this season.
Absolutely cannot be taking any of these lightly and I'm sure Ole won't be.