Top 4 Race 19/20 | duffer: "We [Chelsea] are getting 3rd. Despite what the lunatics in here think, Man United are not all that."

leet

If someone told me in march that we'd be on brink of top4 I'd call them insane and kick their butt. It's crazy how little it takes in football for tables to turn.

KennyBurner

Nobody response to Masongoatisons post just yet please, you fecking jinx it.
I was just about to do this. His confidence was misplaced. He really compared our current 11 to theirs thinking they would produce the same results??? Delusional as always.

TheLord

They’re in trouble if they lose this. Got Wolves and Liverpool yet and us in the cup, easily the toughest run in.
They are never going to score three goals in 45 minutes with Tammy / Giroud as the main strikers. They have quite a shaky playing side, to be honest. With their only two world-class players in Azpilicueta and Kante (I'll reserve my verdict on Pulisic) on their last legs, their side needs a major revamp, much like Spurs or Arsenal. Only Werner and Ziyech won't do the trick. They need to replace both their CBs and the goalkeeper at the bare minimum.

Edit: And the two fullbacks if they really want to win trophies.

Castia

We’re going to put 4 past this Chelsea team next week.
Watched them struggle against Palace the other day, very lucky to get the win and now Sheff United 2-0 up.

Really poor defensively.

Okey

The definition of God's work. Sheffield are suddenly my second favourite team. I had none before. Bournemouth might just become my third team tomorrow.

Last edited:

Kearnkoff69

Too early to feel good about the result sticking, but would be huge if it does. Come on, Sheffield. Just 45 more minutes.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Mad flip flopping in this thread! The doom mongers have completely flipped at 45 minutes of football.

I am still extremely optimistic with the way Unitedare playing, but just remember Chelsea have a gimme next and Liverpool look out of steam.

I still think they will only draw with Liverpool, who are still hard to breakdown, but United need to keep winning.

A result for Bournemouth looks unlikely tomorrow too

mu4c_20le

People get emotional over football, it's normal. I actually like how intense this run in has been, and finally being able to enjoy it for once.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Such a bad defending from their centre back. Ball watching. But then again, their midfield & attackers also flat.

Surprised? Not at all. They have been inconsistent all season. We were inconsistent when we were without Pogba & Bruno. The league table doesn't reflect Chelsea being better than United.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
We're looking good for a third-place finish considering our rivals difficult run-ins compared to ours. I bet there wasn't a United fan alive who would have thought that possible before the turn of the year. I know I didn't anyway.

Judas

Open to offers
We're looking good for a third-place finish considering our rivals difficult run-ins compared to ours. I bet there wasn't a United fan alive who would have thought that possible before the turn of the year. I know I didn't anyway.
After that home game against Burnley you'd have to be mad to think we'd be looking like we are now, amazing turnaround.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
It’s only a slight thing, but it really bugs me. Why do people call Sheffield United ‘Sheffield’?

Have Wednesday fallen that far from grace that they’re no longer even a thing?

Trophy Room

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. Monday is a difficult game and lots of things can happen until now and the end of the season.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Lets not get ahead of ourselves. Monday is a difficult game and lots of things can happen until now and the end of the season.
100% but we will rightly laugh at the arrogant poster from before if this carries on.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Feck right off with your jinxing.
He's trying to mock us like we're celebrating mediocrity or something. What he fails to realize is finishing third and winning two cup competitions (potentially) is a solid foundation to build from going into next season.

He's worried ;)

SirAnderson

He's trying to mock us like we're celebrating mediocrity or something. What he fails to realize is finishing third and winning two cup competitions (potentially) is a solid foundation to build from going into next season.

He's worried ;)
He definitely is, otherwise he wouldn't come spewing his shite posts in here.
Literally the only one that does.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
What would you call them?
Sheff Utd. Sheff U. Sheffield United. One of them

I live in chesterfield which is close to Sheffield and that’s what everyone calls them. ‘Sheff Utd’ and ‘Sheff Wednesday’.

Maybe it’s because I’m local that I find it odd?

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Congratulations on CL football next year.
Don't jinx us. Regardless of this result we have a lot of work to do, starting Monday as that game won't be easy.