Top 4 Race 19/20 | duffer: "We [Chelsea] are getting 3rd. Despite what the lunatics in here think, Man United are not all that."

Dominos

It's so infuriating Sterling hitting the post against Chelsea, and now Palace missing 2 sitters at the end today.

I know we only have ourselves to blame if we miss out, but if those two incidents go our way we would be so so comfortable right now.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Chelsea keep grinding these wins annoyingly so I cant see them losing top 4 even with their tough run in things just seem be going their way atm.

Leicester are the team to feck it and im almost certain they will.

Canagel

There's no need for panic. It's Leicester that will come out. forget about Chelsea totally

Arsenal to win for us now and then beat Villa we are already equal with Leicester. Everything will come together soon

Irwin99

Could go down to the last day. A point for Leicester wouldn't be a disaster with Arsenal's improvement in the last few games.

At least this year it looks like a race for who can be the best teams to finish in the top 4 as opposed to last season's race which was probably the saddest excuse for a top 4 battle I've ever seen.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
It's so infuriating Sterling hitting the post against Chelsea, and now Palace missing 2 sitters at the end today.

I know we only have ourselves to blame if we miss out, but if those two incidents go our way we would be so so comfortable right now.
If everything went our way pre lockdown you wouldn't be here with a chance of catching us.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Chelsea are going to beat Liverpool. Reckon Klopp will play kids.

ChelseaChelsea68

Supports
Chelsea
I think we will lose at the Dipperdome, perhaps draw at Sheffield a Utd and win the two home games. Utd look stronger and think you’ll win all your game hence beating Leicester so think Utd & Us will get top 4

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Chelsea are going to beat Liverpool. Reckon Klopp will play kids.
Other than ‘because it’d be shit if Chelsea won’ what possible reason could you have for thinking Klopp will play the kids?

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
If it comes down to a chance of helping Leicester or Chelsea finish top 4 instead of us then Liverpool will happily drop points. We'd want the same if it was reversed.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
If it comes down to a chance of helping Leicester or Chelsea finish top 4 instead of us then Liverpool will happily drop points. We'd want the same if it was reversed.
The fans? yes.

The management and players? Not a fecking chance.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
You think Solskjaer would want to lose a game to knock Liverpool out of the top 4? What the feck? :lol:

LARulz

Arsenal are only 3 points behind us as things stand. I know we have a game in hand but still

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
we'll beat Shefield United and Norwich quiet comfortably. Sheffield United have nothing attacking wise and Norwich can't defend for shit and will open up. Can't guarantee a clean sheet but will still beat them. Liverpool haven't been any good since the restart but with the game at An field,point record, home games won record, throphy lifting game they might just have to much in attack for our porous defence. Best will be a draw for us but might go either way as most of our meetings thus season have gone.
Wolves at the bridge will probably our most comfortable win of the lot. If Wolves are still in with a shout at 5th by then it might get a bit tricky but unlike others I'm not so fussed but them. Some think we've been lucky in our games, check out wolves. For me top 4 was all but sealed in the City game. West Ham was just a check against complacency for the team.

RedDevilRoshi

What a pile of utter nonsense.

No chance any Liverpool player or even Klopp himself will be telling his players to go out there and deliberately lose. I doubt they have that mentality. The fans - yes . The players and the coaching staff - most definitely not.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
You think Solskjaer would want to lose a game to knock Liverpool out of the top 4? What the feck? :lol:
Deliberately lose, no. Use it as a game to give the youngsters a chance with the result not important (with the added bonus of potentially damaging them), definitely.

The potential financial impact on us will not be lost on Klopp and the Liverpool management. We are a threat to their chase for the 20th title next season however small.

Riz

What a pile of utter nonsense.

No chance any Liverpool player or even Klopp himself will be telling his players to go out there and deliberately lose. I doubt they have that mentality. The fans - yes . The players and the coaching staff - most definitely not.
I think the fact they have a 3 year unbeaten home run in the league (or something like that) and the fact it’s the match they lift the trophy in will keep them honest.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Chelsea still have Sheff Utd, Liverpool & Wolves to come, plus a gimme vs Norwich. If they get 10 points from 12, or even 9, then they will deserve a top 4 finish.

United just need to keep winning and it will take care of itself.

Shark

@NotShark
Chelsea still have Sheff Utd, Liverpool & Wolves to come, plus a gimme vs Norwich. If they get 10 points from 12, or even 9, then they will deserve a top 4 finish.

Exactly, the worst is yet to come for Chelsea. Win again on Thursday and we cut it to 2 points again with the real difficult fixtures coming up for them.

E-mal

Chelsea and leceister won't win the rest of their games, the big question is can we win all of ours?

Riz

Yep, it’s a big ask but on paper all our games are very winnable. If we can beat Villa, Soton, Palace and West Ham, providing Arsenal go on to win this then Leicester would need to win at least 2 of Sheff U, Bmouth, Spurs to even have a chance going into the last day.

Obviously loads will change before now and then but it’s certainly a good position to be in for us with our fixtures if we stay focused.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Arsenal are only 3 points behind us as things stand. I know we have a game in hand but still
I really don't understand how? They've lost 2 games since the restart alone. Bloody annoying that

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
I doubt we will even make the top 10 with our fixtures but it’s been a hell of a ride. I had my eye on this thread for a while when we were in form :drool:

Member 90887

we'll beat Shefield United and Norwich quiet comfortably. Sheffield United have nothing attacking wise and Norwich can't defend for shit and will open up. Can't guarantee a clean sheet but will still beat them. Liverpool haven't been any good since the restart but with the game at An field,point record, home games won record, throphy lifting game they might just have to much in attack for our porous defence. Best will be a draw for us but might go either way as most of our meetings thus season have gone.
Wolves at the bridge will probably our most comfortable win of the lot. If Wolves are still in with a shout at 5th by then it might get a bit tricky but unlike others I'm not so fussed but them. Some think we've been lucky in our games, check out wolves. For me top 4 was all but sealed in the City game. West Ham was just a check against complacency for the team.
You almost drew the game against Palace, you lost against a poor west ham side and somehow, you think that shieffield united and wolves are going to be easy games, with your defense that can't keep a clean sheet if their lives depended on it?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I really don't understand how? They've lost 2 games since the restart alone. Bloody annoying that
Yeah but one of those games was a free hit as their game in hand so we didn't pull further away from them.

5th could still get a CL spot so if Arsenal hold on here they will think they have a chance of top 4 or 5th of it comes to it.

We have to take every match 1 game at a time pick strong teams and don't mess about.