Top 4 Race 19/20 | duffer: "We [Chelsea] are getting 3rd. Despite what the lunatics in here think, Man United are not all that."

ReallyUSA

I still feel Chelsea and Leicester drop a lot more points. Chelsea's defense isn't convincing whatsoever. I hope Klopp's boys actually try.

Glorio

What's the story with Maddison? Injured? Leicester really don't look very creative without him. In fact, Vardy was their most creative player I thought. Normally, he's the beneficiary!

Infra-red

Now we just have to match LCFC's results and beat them in the last game. So it's very likely that we will actually be in the top 4.
No, we need to better their results and then beat them at the King Power. They have superior GD.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
That was so Arsenal turning a game they should have won 3-0 into a hold on desperately for a draw job.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I doubt we will even make the top 10 with our fixtures but it’s been a hell of a ride. I had my eye on this thread for a while when we were in form :drool:
You guys have won a lot of respect this season. You'll be welcome in Manchester anytime if you can beat Chelsea

elnorte

Freaky fly day
The day our top four hopes died . Only thing we can hope for now is to hold off Arsenal and hope City's ban holds up
So basically you don't think we have a chance of beating Leicester?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Mad to think the whole league will be done and dusted in 19 days - we still have 5 league games!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Draw or loss for Leicester don't really make a difference for us as we weren't realistically going to catch them on GD, so this is good.
They have to go to Spurs away which is still a big tough game for them. Chelsea has to play away to Liverpool. A win for Spurs and Liverpool there would put Chelsea on 66 points heading into the last game (if they win the others), and Leicester on 65 points (if they win the rest). Even make that 1 game draws for each team, Chelsea on 67 points (but worse GD) and Leicester on 66.

If we win everything leading up to the final day, we'll be on 67 points. Leicester has the advantage on goal difference, we are 2nd, Chelsea is 3rd. Think it's unlikely that the scenario happens where Chelsea don't make top 4 though, mainly down to us playing Leicester on the last day and it coming down to that game.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The day our top four hopes died . Only thing we can hope for now is to hold off Arsenal and hope City's ban holds up
What? A win on Thursday and we'll be within 1 point of Leicester with 4 games left, including playing them!

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Another poor day for us but it's in our hands now at least.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Also when CAS slap Man City aside and ban the heck out of them it will be down to the top 5 and all three of us can link arms and skip down the road together delighted with ourselves.

Berbasbullet

Yes, we do.

If we match their results for the remainder of the season and then beat them on the last day, we end up on the same points and United will miss out on top 4 due to GD.
No... we end up 2 points ahead my man.

cyberman

Draw or loss for Leicester don't really make a difference for us as we weren't realistically going to catch them on GD, so this is good.
They have to go to Spurs away which is still a big tough game for them. Chelsea has to play away to Liverpool. A win for Spurs and Liverpool there would put Chelsea on 66 points heading into the last game (if they win the others), and Leicester on 65 points (if they win the rest). Even make that 1 game draws for each team, Chelsea on 67 points (but worse GD) and Leicester on 66.

If we win everything leading up to the final day, we'll be on 67 points. Leicester has the advantage on goal difference, we are 2nd, Chelsea is 3rd. Think it's unlikely that the scenario happens where Chelsea don't make top 4 though, mainly down to us playing Leicester on the last day and it coming down to that game.
Why cant we catch them on goal difference?
Say we win 3-0 tomorrow, goal difference is 5 which means we need to outscore them by 2 goals before our fixture that leaves a 2-0 win v Leicester good enough to qualify if we draw 1 before that
And thats just basically matching them, they arent scoring a lot of goals.

always_hoping

Not a great day for Man United but could have been worse if 10 man Arsenal lost.

Sheffield United next is the only game think Chelsea might slip up in. Norwich will be easy and they will beat Wolves and simliar to the way they bet Palace today. As much as I would like to think different Liverpool won't be switched on for their meeting v Chelsea.

Hopefully Jose does his old club a favour by taking points off Leicester.

Nero

Yes, we do.

If we match their results for the remainder of the season and then beat them on the last day, we end up on the same points and United will miss out on top 4 due to GD.
We'd finish 2 points ahead of them.

Berbasbullet

Not a great day for Man United but could have been worse if 10 man Arsenal lost.

Sheffield United next is the only game think Chelsea might slip up in. Norwich will be easy and they will beat Wolves and simliar to the way they bet Palace today. As much as I would like to think different Liverpool won't be switched on for their meeting v Chelsea.

Hopefully Jose does his old club a favour by taking points off Leicester.
I do agree, we need Sheffield to take a few points off of them. Otherwise they’re probably home and dry.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
You had them down for 3 defeats against Arsenal, Spurs and United right? That’s 1 point already
The draw doesn't mean shit IMO. If they lost to Spurs and Arsenal, they would be 3 points behind us come final day (if we won every game and they won the other 2). They will be ahead of us on goal difference so level on points if they beat us, means they still finish 4th. The extra point now just means if they win they're a point ahead instead of beating us on GD. Pretty much any scenario here the difference is them finishing ahead by 1 point instead of goal difference now (if results play out in their favor).

E-mal

:lol: That's negative even for you. We win all our games and we make champions league.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Yes, we do.

Win our game in hand and THEN match their results+beat them in the final game.

Infra-red

No... we end up 1 point ahead my man.
They are currently 4 points ahead of us. If we match their results of the remainder of the season (which includes drawing against Villa), then we will be three points behind them when we kick off at the King Power. We'd have to win that game and overturn their GD advantage in the process.

CM

Leicester needed 2 mental VAR calls to nick a point. They're done

SirScholes

Yes, we do.

You’re right

I believe he is already thinking we’ve won our game in hand

Pyro19

If we win all our games including the one against Leicester, don't we end up 2 points ahead of them in 4th place?