Top 4 Race 19/20 | duffer: "We [Chelsea] are getting 3rd. Despite what the lunatics in here think, Man United are not all that."

cyberman

Was going to post the same thing. This is the true measure of the team now, getting rid of that bottlers tag when there’s the slightest pressure.
If this were true, how the feck have we clawed 12 odd points on them this season?

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Worth reminding people, Southampton’s away form this year has been excellent, despite the Leicester hammering; eight wins so far.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I'd much rather get a 1-2 goal win tomorrow, and then try to increase the GD vs Palace and WHU
You would rather we win by less than three goals tomorrow than by 3, if given the choice?

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Worth reminding people, Southampton’s away form this year has been excellent, despite the Leicester hammering; eight wins so far.
It's a completely different United now though, finally the starting XI is sat at the table with the Elite again.

A squad like the starting XI should be beating Southampton regardless of their form.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
It’s also worth reminding the Caf that our own form isn’t bad either, we are a far better team than Southampton, and have better players all over the pitch. Seems they have largely forgotten this.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Wonder what the odds on both Chelsea and Leicester taking 3 goal whoppings would have been this weekend!

We cannot let this opportunity pass us by, as simply sitting 3rd makes a massive statement with just 3 games to go after!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It’s also worth reminding the Caf that our own form isn’t bad either, we are a far better team than Southampton, and have better players all over the pitch. Seems they have largely forgotten this.
Yep, if we can't be confident, without being complacent, now, when on earth can we!

Ed9

And you have that on your shirts as well as a bloke dressed up as Satan taking photos with kids every game.

Your players kiss sometimes kiss an image of Satan when they score.

Even this site has this... :devil::devil::devil::devil: It's all a conspiracy.
It's not Satan you fool! It's Fergie on a fancy dress party.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
We need to win tomorrow so we can tinker with our squad for Thursday and then play a strong side for the FA Cup.

The Purley King

Presumably soyuncu will be out for last 3 games of the season as well after that.
Not ideal for Leicester.
Quite fancy Rashford & martial vs Morgan (is he still the back up?)

Dominos

We need to win tomorrow so we can tinker with our squad for Thursday and then play a strong side for the FA Cup.
Thursday is an absolute must win, we can still easily throw this away if we don't win our next 3 games and need to get a result on the final day against Leicester where anything can happen.

Sweet Square

I get tomorrow could well be a tough game and Southampton are not a side to underestimate but anyone in fear because "They beat City" is being too much of a fanny. We`ve beaten the same City thrice this season and I have no doubt the boys will be turned up tomorrow and at their best they can beat anyone. Believe lads
Southampton scored within the first 20mins(due to shit goalkeeping from city)and then parked one of the biggest buses in Britain. City had 74% possession, 26 shots(6 on target)and also hit the post.

It was still a great result and shows why tomorrow match could be difficult but people shouldn't look into the city game too much.

RedDevilRoshi

It’s going to be extremely interesting tomorrow once we find out the CAS verdict regarding City’s European ban. If the ban stands, that’s going to give the likes of Wolves, Sheffield Utd & possibly Spurs an added extra bit of incentive to try and nick 5th place.

el3mel

Can't believe after the disastrous first half we were having we're now ready to be 3rd in the league. So excited about next game. :devil:

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I gathered, but whilst you ARE wildly inconsistent and can beat the best on a good day, overturning a 3-0 deficit away at Bayern is a little far-fetched.

Even that 3-peat Real side or won everything Barca side would struggle to do that.
Yeah fully agreed. Would take an absolute miracle.

Lj82

There is a big difference between confidence and expecting to win vs arrogance. I think Ole has embedded that into this teams culture and it's so enjoyable to watch as a fan.

In a way, it's good we are playing without a crowd, so none of this fan nervousness transmits to the team, who have quickly created genuine self confidence in themselves.
Not arrogant, just better.
Feels good to be able to say that again

RDCR07

Thursday is an absolute must win, we can still easily throw this away if we don't win our next 3 games and need to get a result on the final day against Leicester where anything can happen.
We have to rotate the squad sometime. We have 4 games in 9 days.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Not arrogant, just better.
Feels good to be able to say that again
It feels like the team has it's mojo back, it's the first time I've gone into a game and heard songs in my head like 'Glory Glory Man United' in a long time, haven't had the swagger to feel that, or hear that.

Former legends are finally content again, it's fantastic honestly.

Match days are something I haven't had a good feeling about for nearly 8 years now, Pogba contract + Sancho would be perfect and one top class addition... and a squad player and then it's honestly touching distance away.

Hoping the Glazers fully back each summer to spend big and show the world again what makes the club so great.

After so many false dawns it finally feels like it's there.

I'm expecting top 4 at this point, I think once the Southampton game is over hopefully it'll be momentum that will take the squad through.

One massive bonus is if United with the Europa League, next season starts 3 weeks after, meaning the momentum the team finishes with will give fresh start next year.

I fully expect Chelsea and Leicester to be faltering early next season too.

DeGea

We must score first against Southampton, if they score first they will park the bus and we will be frustrated. The first 30 mins we have to absolutely batter them with wave after wave of attacks and get that first goal. It is so crucial otherwise the boys will be nervous.

croadyman

GPGFGAGDPTS
3Chelsea3563491460
4Leicester3565362959
5Man Utd3459332658

CHELSEALEICESTERMAN UTD
Norwich (H)Sheff Utd (H)Southampton (H)
Liverpool (A)Tottenham (A)Crystal Palace (A)
Wolves (H)Man Utd (H)West Ham (H)
Leicester (A)

Massive bonus for us today, I did not see Bournemouth getting a result, never mind helping us with the GD. A win tomorrow is huge.
Yeah when Leicester led 1-0 we were a massive seven goals behind them and unbelievably we end the day just three behind and just cannot get my head around that at all. I appreciate that we still have to do our job later today but the fact we have the GD door now ajar too is frankly incredible.

Dominos

We have to rotate the squad sometime. We have 4 games in 9 days.
I'd honestly rather rotate in the Chelsea game.

If we miss out on top 4 this year we'll have finished outside the CL spaces in 5 out 7 seasons post-Fergie - it's almost unthinkable to not be playing in the top european competition for a club like this.

If City's ban gets upheld that could change things, providing we get a good win tomorrow.

RDCR07

I'd honestly rather rotate in the Chelsea game.

If we miss out on top 4 this year we'll have finished outside the CL spaces in 5 out 7 seasons post-Fergie - it's almost unthinkable to not be playing in the top european competition for a club like this.

If City's ban gets upheld that could change things, providing we get a good win tomorrow.
No way Ole is going to rotate for a semi final. He wants his first trophy and he will play a full strength side.

Red00012

Beat Southampton and Palace and I’ll want Chelsea to break Liverpool’s unbeaten record at Anfield

RDCR07

Beat Southampton and Palace and I’ll want Chelsea to break Liverpool’s unbeaten record at Anfield
Could care less about Liverpool’s record. Chelsea need to lose that game cause most likely they will win the other two.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
It does seem that to many on here you are the best team in the league until a day or so before you play Southampton at home, then people poo themselves!

It's all part of the fun though. Saints v Devils tomorrow. Good v Evil.
And It'll happen again after we beat(likely) Southampton. After the game people will jump on the "We are the third best team in the league" and gloat then comes CP and they'll start shitting the bed again going on long tangent trying to explain why CP is a dangerous team to us despite them losing 5 in a row including thumpings.

Pep's Suit

Some decent post-lockdown collapses around Europe - Leicester, Real Sociedad, Lazio.

Think it's gonna United third and Chelsea fourth now.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
The perfect weekend will be if we win tomorrow night and CAS double City's ban in the morning.
Technically whatever happens on Monday has not bearing to the weekend because weekends don't include Mondays which means it has been a perfect weekend regardless of what happens on Monday :angel:

Dominos

They’ll drop points to Wolves
If Chelsea drop points to Liverpool and we get 3 wins we can basically be guaranteed to finish above them before we even play our last game against Leicester (potentially rest players for the FA Cup final). If Chelsea win their next 2 we'll go into the last game against Leicester needing a result.

I'm assuming you don't have a crystal ball and can guarantee Chelsea drop points against Wolves, or we won't lose our last game. It's absolutely baffling when people want to laugh at our rivals more than they want what's best for our own team.

Red00012

If Chelsea drop points to Liverpool and we get 3 wins we can basically be guaranteed to finish above them before we even play our last game against Leicester (potentially rest players for the FA Cup final). If Chelsea win their next 2 we'll go into the last game against Leicester needing a result.

I'm assuming you don't have a crystal ball and can guarantee Chelsea drop points against Wolves, or we won't lose our last game. It's absolutely baffling when people want to laugh at our rivals more than they want what's best for our own team.
We ain’t losing nothing chief, Ole’s at the wheel man, chill :D

moodyred

3 nil win against Southampton and a 5 man substitution on the hour because we have a 3 goal lead.

RuudTom83

Pogba and Rashford were injured not that long ago, I think they will need to be rested more so than the other lads.