Top 4 race: most unpredictable ever?

Greyfog

Supports
Enugu Rangers
I think Liverpool and Spurs are locked on for Top 4. then 2 of City, United, Arsenal, Everton and Wolves. I think one Manchester club will miss out and it won't surprise me if it is City.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Top 2 are certain: Pool City
Top 3 = Very likely Chelsea based on last year and what they've done in the market
Top 4 = who knows. United, Tottenham, Arsenal, Leciester. I think we have a 25% chance of top 4.
I will put everton in the ring too. so 20%. I don't see arsenal has better chance than everton or spurs this season. It is about squad depth due to the schedule congestion.

backpass

I think City will have an incredible second half. As soon as their new defense starts ticking they go on an unbeaten run.

Liverpool will be as strong as last season when Corona stops messing with their team.

That means only 2 spots for 6 teams available.

I believe Chelsea will fall short, many young new players, they will struggle to recover from any rough patch. Ultimately they will lose to much games.

Tottenham has Mourinho, they implode at some point due to his ego. Will jot make it in my opinion.

Arsenal is a contender, but their most expensive player is not playing football and I dont fency their midfield options. So maybe top 4, but I think they will be 5th.

Leicester, has no depth. One or two injuries and they are out of top 4. So maybe, but I guess they will fall short.

That leaves Man Utd and Everton. Both will make the top 4. Man Utd will drop out early in the Championsleague and by christmas stand on sth like 6th place. One or two core signings during the winter transfer period, vdb becomming a permanent starter and rashford beeing back to his best. That will be enough to save 4th with a great run in the second half of the season.

And Everton, no international games will do wonders. They have a very good team and coach, together with twice as much time to prepare for games as well as much more time to regenerate they will be top of the league till 2021. To much pointsbto drop out of top4 by then it will be interesting to see how far behind Liverpool and City are and if they can still catch them.

MalBot

Supports
Arsenal
I bet loads of people would have been saying ”Leicester” before they got stuffed 3-0 by Moyes’ boys :lol:
This early in the season just one game can drastically change how people rate a particular team's chances.

Like you said before Leicester got schooled by Moyes' boys people were very optimistic about their chances for top 4. Similarly I thought Liverpool were dead certs for the title before they got battered by Villa. I still think they're the favourites but that collapse suddenly gives it a lot more doubts.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
For me I think the crowdless matches are playing a major part in this. Home teams are becoming careless in defence, away teams are becoming more adventurous in attack leading to those hugh scorelines we are currently seeing and I don't see it stopping anytime soon. Every game is basically a clash on neutral grounds and could be anybody's game.
Agree. If, and I know it's a big if, we get our act together we could still contend.
Could be a season like 2015/16 when a dark horse wins out.

kerryman

I would put United as the least favourite traditional top-6 side to finish in the top four this season.
Agreed, I don't think we will be in the top 4 at any point during the season.

Oo0AahCantona

Not having fans in the stadium is absolutely massive. anyone who has performed to a crowd or infront of spectators, even on a small scale knows the feeling. imagine having the pressure of 50000 people within shouting distance. I think its allowed teams who normally receive a fierce atmosphere to play more carefree with less pressure.

hungrywing

For me I think the crowdless matches are playing a major part in this. Home teams are becoming careless in defence, away teams are becoming more adventurous in attack leading to those hugh scorelines we are currently seeing and I don't see it stopping anytime soon. Every game is basically a clash on neutral grounds and could be anybody's game.
Not having fans in the stadium is absolutely massive. anyone who has performed to a crowd or infront of spectators, even on a small scale knows the feeling. imagine having the pressure of 50000 people within shouting distance. I think its allowed teams who normally receive a fierce atmosphere to play more carefree with less pressure.
Definitely at the end of the season it'll be really easy and interesting to check home/away win% versus previous seasons.

Wilt

When was the last time Utd were quoted 50/1 for the title after just 3 games?

My guess is.... never

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Liverpool
City
2 between Chelsea Arsenal Tottenham Everton

/thread
City are not what they were. So they are in a scrap with everyone else.

I think empty stadiums are having an effect on players mentality. They have no fans to pander to and show off to. so it's making me wonder if players are struggling with the lack of attention.

You only have to look at the amount of goals in the league and freakish looking results.

Something's off.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I think City will have an incredible second half. As soon as their new defense starts ticking they go on an unbeaten run.

Liverpool will be as strong as last season when Corona stops messing with their team.

That means only 2 spots for 6 teams available.

I believe Chelsea will fall short, many young new players, they will struggle to recover from any rough patch. Ultimately they will lose to much games.

Tottenham has Mourinho, they implode at some point due to his ego. Will jot make it in my opinion.

Arsenal is a contender, but their most expensive player is not playing football and I dont fency their midfield options. So maybe top 4, but I think they will be 5th.

Leicester, has no depth. One or two injuries and they are out of top 4. So maybe, but I guess they will fall short.

That leaves Man Utd and Everton. Both will make the top 4. Man Utd will drop out early in the Championsleague and by christmas stand on sth like 6th place. One or two core signings during the winter transfer period, vdb becomming a permanent starter and rashford beeing back to his best. That will be enough to save 4th with a great run in the second half of the season.

And Everton, no international games will do wonders. They have a very good team and coach, together with twice as much time to prepare for games as well as much more time to regenerate they will be top of the league till 2021. To much pointsbto drop out of top4 by then it will be interesting to see how far behind Liverpool and City are and if they can still catch them.
Red tinted glasses !!!

United are the worst bet for top 4 right now and youre actually hoping for one or two core signings in January??
We couldn't manage core signings this window its ambitious to say the least that we will make them in Jan.

My prediction for top 5

Pool
City
Spurs
Arsenal
Everton