Top 4 race / race abandoned (or maybe not) / Leicester & Chelsea in the process of bottling it

RkkMan

Exactly so it's far from over. Leicesters last two games are very difficult. And bar us Liverpools are very winnable.

Leicester favourites for sure but a win for Liverpool on Thursday and things will be very sticky
I don't see a scenario where Ole and the players let themselves lose twice in the space of a week worst result I can see from us is a draw

theklr

Even if they barely played this loss will make Rashford, Bruno and Cavani so so annoyed.

I think the lads will be even more up for it on Thursday, if its even possible

laughtersassassin

I don't see a scenario where Ole and the players let themselves lose twice in the space of a week worst result I can see from us is a draw
Still even a draw it's doable for Liverpool. If Leicseter didn't have such hard fixtures I'd say it's done and dusted.

But as things stand it's doable. There are scenarios 2 scenarios where it would come down to GD and although Liverpool are behind as things stand it's only by 3 so in in those scenarios they would probably edge it.

Even if we beat Liverpool they still have a chance. Although that would be a very unlikely one.

Wheato

Regardless of "throwing" a game to push Liverpool out of a CL spot, while it was still mathematically possible for us to win the league, I don't think that the PL played with a straight bat, making us play 4 games in 7 days. Imagine if City lost all their remaining games, and we lost out because the PL made us play our reserves tonight. I have never seen a team in the run in to the end of the season being asked to play every 2 days. Protest aside, that was nothing to do with the football team, so why punish them?

It really is ridiculous, and more should be made of it. I'm not saying that they gave the title to City, but while it was still mathematically possible for us to win all of our games, and City to implode, they quite blatantly produced a fixture list that hindered any chance of that being a possibility.

Did they honestly think we would play our first team in every game and risk injuries for the Uefa cup final?

Oh, and well done to City, but tonight was a farce. Stupid in every single way. Crowned champions because United had to field a team of reserves on a rainy tuesday evening. Doesn't really give them much to shout about either. I'm sure they would much rather win it themselves in a match?

Bobbins.

redshaw

We have to remember with Klopp and co coming out with the nonsense and then suddenly we have all these dodgy goals allowed for opposition and ruled out for us. Sheff U and West Brom come to mind, how that West Brom goal stood is beyond farcical. I said at the time we could've had a much more interesting title run but it's been robbed and we can go to CIty and win. Surely enough we did go to City and win and it was what could've been. I'm not saying we could've caught City, they can change their selection and ideas if we were closer but it could've been a lot more competitive and interesting spectacle for the Premier League but since Klopp opened his mouth it's all ended in a whimper tonight and the FA/PL have put a hand into tonight's drab fixture and naff crowning of champions.

It would be just deserts for Klopp to miss out.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
We better not feck up on Thursday. In my mind we've got two more must wins this season, Thursday and the EL final. I want us to destroy them.
But your losing habit has started tonight. I mentioned this earlier in the thread.

Jezpeza

Its a really quaint idea that Liverpool will miss out on the champions league because of a rearranged fixture, not because they have been wank all season.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
We have to remember with Klopp and co coming out with the nonsense and then suddenly we have all these dodgy goals allowed for opposition and ruled out for us. Sheff U and West Brom come to mind, how that West Brom goal stood is beyond farcical. I said at the time we could've had a much more interesting title run but it's been robbed and we can go to CIty and win. Surely enough we did go to City and win and it was what could've been. I'm not saying we could've caught City, they can change their selection and ideas if we were closer but it could've been a lot more competitive and interesting spectacle for the Premier League but since Klopp opened his mouth it's all ended in a whimper tonight and the FA/PL have put a hand into tonight's drab fixture and naff crowning of champions.

It would be just deserts for Klopp to miss out.
The dippers also started dropping points after that klop rant.

Karma ?

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Its a really quaint idea that Liverpool will miss out on the champions league because of a rearranged fixture, not because they have been wank all season.
We really don't deserve to be in the CL next is my personal opinion. If it wasn't for the money (that we badly need) I wouldn't be so invested right now.

Ole picked the right team tonight and gave it a good go from what I'm reading of the match. Problem is it's a bugger for momentum, despite the examples people are giving above (Roma, etc).

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
What if it wasn't rearranged and they lost ? Its not like they're guaranteed to win. They got extra rest whilst we have to play 3 games in 5 days. We're the ones who've been wronged and the bloody dippers are claiming to be victims :mad:.

Judas

Open to offers
We really don't deserve to be in the CL next is my personal opinion. If it wasn't for the money (that we badly need) I wouldn't be so invested right now.

Ole picked the right team tonight and gave it a good go from what I'm reading of the match. Problem is it's a bugger for momentum, despite the examples people are giving above (Roma, etc).
When its a reserve team I don't see how it does bugger all to any momentum. Plus the next game isn't about momentum anyway, a game against Liverpool is one you just get up for, no matter what comes before it.

croadyman

Still think there is a chance of us finishing third IF we draw on Thursday, not overly concerned about the result tonight but there is a little bit of frustration that we are now very likely to not finish within single points of City

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
What if it wasn't rearranged and they lost ? Its not like they're guaranteed to win. They got extra rest whilst we have to play 3 games in 5 days. We're the ones who've been wronged and the bloody dippers are claiming to be victims :mad:.
I knew those Utd fan stewards opening the gates with smiles at old Trafford would somehow be the victim inflicted scousers' fault. Projection?

soulfox63

Leicester have beaten all of the big 6 this season, so playing Chelsea and Spuds in the last two games will probably suit them ?

Jezpeza

Precisely. What if Leicester beat us anyway? Already beat our best 11 in fa cup. Much being taken for granted, bit of a life-ring idea for some to cling to and what if-ing for pundits

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
I knew those Utd fan stewards opening the gates with smiles at old Trafford would somehow be the victim inflicted scousers' fault. Projection?
Tell me again. How exactly have you been wronged here ?

I'm not saying your at fault for us playing 3 games in 5 days, that's on us but how does that punish you ? If anything you've got an additional weeks rest and your not even playing midweek in europe either.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool

I'm not saying your at fault for us playing 3 games in 5 days, that's on us but how does that punish you ? If anything you've got an additional weeks rest and your not even playing midweek in europe either.
I'm disappointed you haven't used victims in this post. You must be bursting, go on let it out.

Jezpeza

Because football is a very definite game. Liverpool would definitely have beaten us, and we would definitely have beaten Leicester/s

Jezpeza

Its just two defeats for reserve teams. I’m only worried about HM - dont want dumb and dumber at centre half in the final.

I’d be very surprised if we lose the final. Its not impossible but If the top lads like Cavani, Pogba, bruno and rashford are up for it theres not many who can stop them. If Villareal play the low block it wont work we have too much going forward imo.

Infra-red

Liverpool will beat West Brom, Burnley and Palace and Leicester will lose away at Chelsea. That leaves both sides on 66 points (with Liverpool ahead on GD).

It all comes down to United vs Liverpool and Leicester vs Spurs. To finish top 4, when Leicester play Spurs they will need to better whatever result Liverpool manage to get vs us on Thursday.

Counterfactual

Liverpool will beat West Brom, Burnley and Palace and Leicester will lose away at Chelsea. That leaves both sides on 66 points (with Liverpool ahead on GD).

It all comes down to United vs Liverpool and Leicester vs Spurs. To finish top 4, when Leicester play Spurs they will need to better whatever result Liverpool manage to get vs us on Thursday.
But I'm sure @Dumbstar called it a "meaningless game". Did I imagine that...?

If I was Utd manager I'd wonder do Liverpool have any fecking cnuts in the team? Well do we? Punk. :p

Ole will put the team he thinks is right for a meaningless game before a cup final.

cyberman

Liverpool only beat 1 of those in the reverse fixtures this season and even then Palace will be well up for revenge.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
:eek: Do what the what now.

You better fecking hope Roy Keane and Fergus don't see that post.

I see it's already got a thumbs up from A Wengz.
Secure 2nd position and deny Liverpool top 4. I see this as a win. What else can you expect out of one game?

eltigreFalcao

Regardless of "throwing" a game to push Liverpool out of a CL spot, while it was still mathematically possible for us to win the league, I don't think that the PL played with a straight bat, making us play 4 games in 7 days. Imagine if City lost all their remaining games, and we lost out because the PL made us play our reserves tonight. I have never seen a team in the run in to the end of the season being asked to play every 2 days. Protest aside, that was nothing to do with the football team, so why punish them?

It really is ridiculous, and more should be made of it. I'm not saying that they gave the title to City, but while it was still mathematically possible for us to win all of our games, and City to implode, they quite blatantly produced a fixture list that hindered any chance of that being a possibility.

Did they honestly think we would play our first team in every game and risk injuries for the Uefa cup final?

Oh, and well done to City, but tonight was a farce. Stupid in every single way. Crowned champions because United had to field a team of reserves on a rainy tuesday evening. Doesn't really give them much to shout about either. I'm sure they would much rather win it themselves in a match?

Bobbins.
To be fair, they were crowned champions because they got the better points tally