Top 4 race / race abandoned (or maybe not) / Leicester & Chelsea in the process of bottling it

pass.pass.pass

For how bad Liverpool's season has been, they might still finish closer to us than we do to City.

That is pretty depressing.

Josh 76

For how bad Liverpool's season has been, they might still finish closer to us than we do to City.

That is pretty depressing.
Come on mate that’s a silly thing to say. Why would Ole play his strongest 11 in every game now that top 4 is done and City have won the PL.

I don’t give a feck how many points we finish above Liverpool as long as we are above them, top 4 is guaranteed and we win the EL.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
I am confident we#ll beat leicester home, and villa away. And i also think Leic will slip up to spurs, too.

Tense. Very tense

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Yep, always a brilliant day, interviews at the team hotel and on the coach, celebrity fans, question of sport special, shit final songs of yesteryear
I loved Blue Day by us in 97. The 94 song was shite though haha.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
The way this season has gone, could easily see Liverpool fecking up in their last few games, and us losing to villa, and leicester beating us, too

I love this part of the season

djembatheking

It would have been great to put a dent in the scousers top 4 aspirations last night but the main thing now is Europa League final for us.
Could be quite exciting with Leicester, Chelsea and Liverpool , I can still see the scousers slipping at the end , they have been far from convincing this season and we were defensively poor last night , pretty much handed it to them . Palace at Anfield in front of a crowd would be a marvellous time for a slip.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool

2. It's not in their own hands.
Yes it is. Chelsea and Leicester are playing each other before the end of the season.

Also, you lot couldn't even take points from us in injury time? Sad, trollol.

432JuanMata

What the feck are you on about :houllier: 'You with your Scouse allegiances'..? I think you're losing the plot cock.

Great. Nice one.c
I wouldn’t say anything nice about Liverpool very much they are 20 points off the league but they were due a bad season, City were 20 off it last year during there bad season and look now

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I wouldn’t say anything nice about Liverpool very much they are 20 points off the league but they were due a bad season, City were 20 off it last year during there bad season and look now
City also lost Kompany at the time followed by Laporte's injury I believe. Plus two seasons of posting nearly 200 league points was a crazy effort. They were always going to burnout. We did the same a season behind.

hobbers

Bit puzzled by the in their own hands stuff, these idiots cant do basic maths.

If Liverpool win all their games and Chelsea beat Leicester it's only in their own hands to the extent of goal difference vs Leicester. If Leicester lose to Chelsea but beat Spurs by a lot of goals they'll still be ahead on GD.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Yes it is. Chelsea and Leicester are playing each other before the end of the season.

Nope, if Chelsea beat Leicester and win their last game they'll end on 70 points.

Liverpool and Leicester could then both end on 69 points.

That's not in your own hands as you have no control if Leicester randomly smash Spurs 8-0 and finish above you on GD

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Guess he might be on about the slim chance you win your three games by a one goal margin, Leicester City lose by a one goal margin to Chelsea and beat Tottenham Hotspur by four goals.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Guess he might be on about the slim chance you win your three games by a one goal margin, Leicester City lose by a one goal margin to Chelsea and beat Tottenham Hotspur by four goals.
Turns out, he went for "Leicester could win 8-0 and that's out of your hands" instead.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
Turns out, he went for "Leicester could win 8-0 and that's out of your hands" instead.
So it's not in your hands?

More reasonably as Damien says, you could win your next two games 1-0,and Leicester could lose 1-0 the GD would be 2. You win the last game 1-0 and Leicester win 4-0.

The whole concept of it being in your hands is that if you win your games, no matter what happens, you will achieve what you aim to do. That isn't the case here.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Nope, if Chelsea beat Leicester and win their last game they'll end on 70 points.

Liverpool and Leicester could then both end on 69 points.

That's not in your own hands as you have no control if Leicester randomly smash Spurs 8-0 and finish above you on GD
It's still in Liverpool's hands to smash their oppositions 8-0 in each of their three remaining games. Leicester can only do that in one game (assuming they have to lose to Chelsea first).

Rojow

2 or 4 doesnt' matter. If you are not the number 1 then you're the first of the last ones. I only care to qualify for UCL this year and i hope the team wins the EL. That would be a good season given how poor it's the team in key areas.

Certainly i hope we have a good transfer window and for one, we can really compete next season. Will be our 9th year post-Fergie. We can't be like this forever.

SATA

I'm so glad United are not in this shite this season and have secured our spot early. Beat Fulham and let's secure second. And watch the final day unfolds where three teams will battle it out for the two remaining spots. Hoping it's Leicester and the Renties

Annihilate Now!

Scout
It's still in Liverpool's hands to smash their oppositions 8-0 in each of their three remaining games. Leicester can only do that in one game (assuming they have to lose to Chelsea first).
It's favorable but it's technically not in your hands as you can't control other games. Yeah Leicester winning 8-0 is ridiculous but hey, Spurs have form for a heavy last day loss.

It feels like it is because you have the chance to rack up the goal difference, but technically it isn't the case.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Yeah it's like a world where Villa could beat Liverpool 7-2. Impossible.
We will make it up against Palace, whom we already beat 7-0 earlier this season.

Running up the score against Crystal Palace for a critical league finish, I don't see what could go wrong with that?

hubbuh

Yeah and I agree, though it's by the by in the context of this conversation. Liverpool were rubbish this year and were never close to reclaiming the title. They need a seriously good summer if they are going to be anywhere near what they used to be. With City we all know they are able to throw money at the problem, Liverpool don't have that luxury and one of their star players looks completely burnt out.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
It's favorable but it's technically not in your hands as you can't control other games. Yeah Leicester winning 8-0 is ridiculous but hey, Spurs have form for a heavy last day loss.

It feels like it is because you have the chance to rack up the goal difference, but technically it isn't the case.
None of that made any sense.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Serious question
Are Liverpool going to parade the PL trophy in their last home league game against Palace as fans will be allowed back in?

I’m Sure Klopp mentioned doing this
No and I wouldn't want us to. Gutted we couldn't celebrate the title properly after all these years but we'll hold off and have a proper celebration next time we win it (even if I am in my early 80s by then)

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
No and I wouldn't want us to. Gutted we couldn't celebrate the title properly after all these years but we'll hold off and have a proper celebration next time we win it (even if I am in my early 80s by then)
As a united fan I find that hilarious, but as a humanitarian and football fan that’s a genuine shame you didn’t get that moment.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Basically yes or no, if you win every game do you 100% without fail qualify for the Champions League?
Not yes or no because it may come down to goal difference. If we win all 3, we end up on 69. Leicester lose to Chelsea and beat Spurs (not unrealistic), then it'll come down to goal difference. If we win the next 2, our goal difference will be at least +22. If Leicester lose to Chelsea, their goal difference will be at most +20. So it'll come down to the final day and Leicester having to outscore us by at least 2

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
As a united fan I find that hilarious, but as a humanitarian and football fan that’s a genuine shame you didn’t get that moment.
Yeah it is but we did celebrate the Champions League in style the year before so it's not like we haven't had some form of parade over the last few years. It would have been a travesty if the team that Klopp has built didn't get at least one parade to remember.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
Not yes or no because it may come down to goal difference. If we win all 3, we end up on 69. Leicester lose to Chelsea and beat Spurs (not unrealistic), then it'll come down to goal difference. If we win the next 2, our goal difference will be at least +22. If Leicester lose to Chelsea, their goal difference will be at most +20. So it'll come down to the final day and Leicester having to outscore us by at least 2
Thank you! So whilst (very) favourable it is technically not fully in your hands.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Thank you! So whilst (very) favourable it is technically not fully in your hands.
Going into the final set of games Leicester will be in a worse situation, ie needing to outscore us by an absolute minimum of +2 goals. So it's in our hands to always stay ahead in the number of goals which decides whether we either qualify or feck it up and give it to Leicester.

That's the very definition of "in our hands".

always_hoping

Can't think of any possible way that Liverpool aren't going to finish in the top 4 now but imagine the melt down if they let this slip now..

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Can't think of any possible way that Liverpool aren't going to finish in the top 4 now but imagine the melt down if they let this slip now..
We lost to West Brom at Anfield. Whilst they're already down, I'm not counting any chickens just yet