Top 4 race / race abandoned (or maybe not) / Leicester & Chelsea in the process of bottling it

Judas

Open to offers
The FA Cup was massive for them, but to be in top 4 for what practically the whole season and to just tank towards the end again is terrible, its inexcusable from this group of players and the manager. Such a shame really, would have been great to see them in the CL again.

Renegade

Leicester don’t have the depth to secure a top 4 spot and cup charge. They play the same team most often than not and been unlucky with key injuries all season.
Perez isn’t good enough to be in a top 4 side and Vardy has stopped scoring. Was always going to be a difficult ask.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Looking seriously tasty. Something to enjoy on the final day. Would be surprised if Leicester made it now but Liverpool can definitely feck up.

Josh 76

Yep and then we lost every single CB that we have on the books and had to move one of the best midfielders at our club out of his position to play in defence.
Obviously disappointing that we couldn't defend the title but our injury list has been ridiculous this season so there's a bit of context to it.
Whatever way you look at it, it's been a wasted season for a team at their peak. Must be so frustrating for Liverpool fan.

Renegade

It’s funny people laugh at Spurs for having no silverware but comfortable top 4 finishes. Leicester wouldn’t do anything in the UCL with their squad. Their CL run following the title win has been well forgotten. This is a great season for them.

Judas

Open to offers
It’s funny people laugh at Spurs for having no silverware but comfortable top 4 finishes. Leicester wouldn’t do anything in the UCL with their squad. Their CL run following the title win has been well forgotten. This is a great season for them.
They made the QF's didn't they? Took Man City years to make it out of the group stage. They did bloody well given the resources and expectations of them at the time.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool must draw with Burnley at the very least. A win would be nice obviously. A loss isn't over but would get Leicester's trails back up.

GenericUtdfan

Have a feeling Liverpool will drop points tomorrow. Leicester still have it in their hands either way if they pump Spurs, so not a total disaster

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Whatever way you look at it, it's been a wasted season for a team at their peak. Must be so frustrating for Liverpool fan.
Frustrating yes, but we were never going to win the league with a mid-table defence which is exactly what we had once VVD, Gomez, Matip, and Kabak got injured. We'll have those players back next season and we'll see what happens.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Liverpool must draw with Burnley at the very least. A win would be nice obviously. A loss isn't over but would get Leicester's trails back up.
Anything other than a win takes the race out of your hands, which is the last thing you want going into the last day of the season. You absolutely need the 3 points tomorrow.

MU655

This is true. They could play against other top teams, but I think there are only 3 or 4 you would be bothered about: Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, and possibly PSG (not so much). Outside of that, I don't think people care that much. The rest of the major teams are in the Premier League, which they play every season. So, you are not even guaranteed you will get them.

Not being ceded will help those chances, but that will also just limit their chances of progressing.

It might be nice to watch (if you do draw one of those teams), but they have an outsider chance of actually being able to win the competition. I wouldn't say it is a massive deal.

In the end, unless they start spending like mad (despite reaching the CL), they will never be seen as one of the top clubs. Leicester tend to only spend what they bring in, judging by the £15m net spend over the past three seasons.

Renegade

This is true. They could play against other top teams, but I think there are only 3 or 4 you would be bothered about: Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, and possibly PSG (not so much). Outside of that, I don't think people care that much. The rest of the major teams are in the Premier League, which they play every season. So, you are not even guaranteed you will get them.

Not being ceded will help those chances, but that will also just limit their chances of progressing.

It might be nice to watch (if you do draw one of those teams), but they have an outsider chance of actually being able to win the competition. I wouldn't say it is a massive deal.

In the end, unless they start spending like mad (despite reaching the CL), they will never be seen as one of the top clubs. Leicester tend to only spend what they bring in, judging by the £15m net spend over the past three seasons.
Agreed! They should try win the Europa. There’s no shame in a club their size competing in that competition.

As I type this Perez blasts it over the bar! Simple not good enough for CL football.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
3rd. Chelsea (GP 37, Pts 67, GD +23) - max points 70
23rd May: Aston Villa (a)

4th. Leicester City (GP 37, Pts 66, GD +20) - max points 69
23rd May: Tottenham Hotspur (h)

5th. Liverpool (GP 36, Pts 63, GD +21) - max points 69
19th May: Burnley (a)
23rd May: Crystal Palace (h)
  • Manchester United finish second.
  • Spurs and West Ham now officially can't finish in the Champions League places but can still qualify for the Europa League or Europa Conference League.

Irwin99

Any of these three teams could feck it up badly. It's gonna be a tense final day.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
This is probably leicester's ceiling - barring those once in a lifetime seasons. Zero shame in that.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Away at Villa, Chelsea could yet miss out. Liverpool will almost definitely make it now. Leicester need to beat Spurs and then hope for a favor from Villa basically.

Judas

Open to offers
Again I just hope Burnley put in the most disgusting performance for their loyal returning fans.

Liverpool's home form is still a bit shite too isn't it? Hodgson's final game in management, go on babe.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
Away at Villa, Chelsea could yet miss out. Liverpool will almost definitely make it now. Leicester need to beat Spurs and then hope for a favor from Villa basically.
Liverpool love going to Palace needing a result though

FatTails

Benteke brace against his former team incoming. Roy to take off his shirt and do a knee slide celebration. RAWK will write poems about the ensuing pain and hurt.

Statue of Limitations

There will be enormous pressure on Liverpool and Burnely is one of the worst fixtures for them I suspect in this scenario.
It won't be easy, wouldn't back against LCFC yet.

Dyche special incoming. Please.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Villa have zero positions to play for now. They can't move up or down significantly. Spurs on the other hand could be overtaken by Arsenal, Wham and Everton on the last day (if they draw or lose tomorrow). That means they could lose their Europa place and a couple of million for league position finish.

Plus Kane wants his golden boot.

Irwin99

This is probably leicester's ceiling - barring those once in a lifetime seasons. Zero shame in that.
It's difficult to know what to make of Leicester if they lose out on top 4 again;I know they had that massive injury crisis last season but they really should have finished above us and Chelsea considering the lead they had around January I think. Now they're on the verge of losing out on the final day yet again.

...but another way of looking at it is that this is fecking Leicester going head to head with the giant clubs and it shows how well they've done to compete. FA cup winners too.

Dve

I imagine Liverpool manage to lose their last two games and be taken over both by Tottenham and West Ham. Then Liverpool can look forward to playing qualification for the new Conference league with Sødejyske, Partizani and Silvaspor.

Can´t live without dreams.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
I imagine Liverpool manage to lose their last two games and be taken over both by Tottenham and West Ham. Then Liverpool can look forward to playing qualification for the new Conference league with Sødejyske, Partizani and Silvaspor.

Can´t live without dreams.
Nah, the PL will find someway to get Dean to ref their games if needs be.