Top 4 race / race abandoned (or maybe not) / Leicester & Chelsea in the process of bottling it

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
While on one hand it would be good for Burnley to do our job for us tonight on another I think in the context of Porto it would be better if Sunday had something riding on it.

City are for all intents and purposes playing friendlies at the minute so competitive sharpness is the one thing we have got in our favour and the more high stakes games we play the better for said sharpness.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
3rd. Chelsea (GP 37, Pts 67, GD +23) - max points 70
23rd May: Aston Villa (a)

4th. Liverpool (GP 37, Pts 66, GD +24) - max points 69
23rd May: Crystal Palace (h)

5th. Leicester City (GP 37, Pts 66, GD +20) - max points 69
23rd May: Tottenham Hotspur (h)

Irwin99

Hate to say it but Liverpool have fought back pretty well. Still, it's not totally lost for Leicester; Villa away is a tough game for Chelsea and Spurs look absolutely god awful.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
That’s top 4 settled now. It was fun while it lasted.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
That’s shocking for Leicester no matter how it’s spun. That’s a terrible collapse near the end after being top four all season

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I think all 3 win on the last day. West Ham will get 6th and Arsenal will finish above spurs and post pictures on Instagram bragging about it. Ty from AFTV will cry and they’ll all claim arteta is better than ole

BorisManUtd

Leicester can beat Spurs, especially with fans back in their stadium, but Liverpool are most probably gonna beat Palace so it won't be enough. I guess Leicester's biggest hope is if Villa can take at least a point against Chelsea. With Grealish back and fans back, it isn't impossible really.

Jezpeza

Will be an interesting final day at least! Liverpool done well but still have to beat Palace - its Roys retirement party, they will want to put in a performance. Villa wont roll over and die for Chelsea either. If it goes to book then I think Leicester will miss out again bar beating tottenham 6 or 7 nil. Its a shame but they really dont have the depth and are always an injury or two from struggling to put out an 11 that is the right calibre.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Still not done. We could easily blow it but it’s in our favour now. Chelsea still not safe either.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Interesting that if Chelsea lose, we draw and Leicester win, Leicester end up third with us fourth and Chelsea fifth.

Even a Leicester draw would be ok if Chelsea got battered by Villa, not that that’s likely.

FriendlyFox

Supports
Leicester City
I don't think it's nearly as terrible a collapse this season as last. Last season was ridiculous - I'm sure we only got a few wins after the turn of the year, and it wasn't far off relegation form.

This time, Chelsea and Liverpool both put together a great run of form towards the end (both have 4 wins from the last 5). Liverpool only picked up 4 more points than us in the second half of the season; it just so happens that our harder fixtures were towards the end of the season, while Liverpool had an easier run in. Man United also only got 3 more points than us in the second half of the season.

Chelsea have a far stronger team than us, we just had the benefit of them having Lampard. As soon as they got Tuchel, their form blew us out the water.

I'm still a little annoyed, and we did have a poorer second half of the season. But it's not like last seasons collapse.

Nedu

Supports
Barcelona
Interesting that Liverpool could easily end up third...

After the season they've had, you have to admit that is quite remarkable.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Just a week away from the biggest game of Chelsea's lives. Do you go hell for leather and risk a knock? I'm sure it's in the back of some players minds, maybe you pull out of a 50/50 or two. Third high intensity game of the week.

Villa getting a result is quite likely, I think.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Top 4 race is done, the fat lady is singing.

The battle for that unwanted Europa conference league position is down to the wire.

I'd fancy Arsenal to claim it.
Quite amazing that West Ham have got European football (whether Europa or Conference) and at least one of Spurs and Arsenal will miss out completely. I think Arsenal will clinch it too, so for Spurs to finish eighth at best behind Arsenal is damning.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Seeing Villa play today, in front of their own fans on Sunday, Chelsea not particularly clinical (putting it mildly), it's not over yet for Leicester

The Oracle

They will all make it:

Leicester will beat Spurs
Liverpool will beat Palace
Chelsea will drop points at Villa...

but then beat City in Champs League Final

Josh 76

You can just see Sky having a wank over this on the last day. They will have the top 4 table showing every 5 mins as the action is played out.
Leicester score first and Liverpool will be down to 5th for about 2 minutes. But we all know how it’s going to end up.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I don't think it's nearly as terrible a collapse this season as last. Last season was ridiculous - I'm sure we only got a few wins after the turn of the year, and it wasn't far off relegation form.

This time, Chelsea and Liverpool both put together a great run of form towards the end (both have 4 wins from the last 5). Liverpool only picked up 4 more points than us in the second half of the season; it just so happens that our harder fixtures were towards the end of the season, while Liverpool had an easier run in. Man United also only got 3 more points than us in the second half of the season.

Chelsea have a far stronger team than us, we just had the benefit of them having Lampard. As soon as they got Tuchel, their form blew us out the water.

I'm still a little annoyed, and we did have a poorer second half of the season. But it's not like last seasons collapse.
Fairplay, I hope you still make it

BorisManUtd

Everton may still finish 10th, if they lose to City and Leeds beat WBA at home and it will most probably happen. Bad season for them, especially after the great start and few big signings.

Josh 76

They have had a crap season like everyone other team apart from City.
Utd have finished second and have been terrible in a lot of games.

always_hoping

Getting 30 less points than last season can hardly be classed as remarkable.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
We gifted the dippers 4 points this season by missing sitters in anfield and handing goals to them on a platter last week.

What's worse is that they could stay up solely down to goal difference because of those three gifted goals.

rotherham_red

When Ole got third, with half a season playing the likes of Lingard, James and Pereira, he was getting lambasted...

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
Just puked a little bit in my mouth. Fecking relying on spurs to bail us out. Feck that I'm so pissed.

redshaw

Leicester 2-0 up then lose 4-2. Chelsea pretty lucky to be in but have to admit both them and Pool have got their act together when needed overall.

Irwin99

Boring but those are clearly the best 4 teams and deserved it.

City are by far the best team in the league
United have shown a lot of improvement and are comfortably 2nd best
Liverpool finished 3rd with most of their centre backs out for the entire season
Chelsea seem a far better team under Tuchel despite the loss today and have a brighter future you would think.

The rest are very average, inconsistent or Spurs.

Tallis

Leicester 2-0 up then lose 4-2. Chelsea pretty lucky to be in but have to admit both them and Pool have got their act together when needed overall.
Chelsea were bottling it with 2 losses in last 3 games but they were up against Sir Bottlealot so qualification wasn’t going to be an issue.

Nedu

Supports
Barcelona

Called it... ;)

It was always a question of whether they could get third to be honest. I never saw Leicester getting a better result than liverpool against Tottenham.

redshaw

Chelsea were bottling it with 2 losses in last 3 games but they were up against Sir Bottlealot so qualification wasn’t going to be an issue.
Yes, even had we beaten Liverpool they 'd be through thanks to Brenden.

I did worry a bit about Bale in the last game for Leicester, when he can be arsed he can easily grab a couple of goals.