Top 4 race / race abandoned (or maybe not) / Leicester & Chelsea in the process of bottling it

Lee565

West ham could still qualify for the champions league as long as they pick up 7 points from their last 3 games because liverpool could easily lose to united and Leicester may easily only end up picking up 1 more point from their remaining games.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
West ham could still qualify for the champions league as long as they pick up 7 points from their last 3 games because liverpool could easily lose to united and Leicester may easily only end up picking up 1 more point from their remaining games.
Nah, Leicester are the only hope to prevent the Dippers now.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Manchester City and Manchester United have qualified for the Champions League.

Fixtures from the others

3rd. Chelsea (GP 35, Pts 64, GD +23) - max points 73
12th May: Arsenal (h)
18th May: Leicester City (h)
23rd May: Aston Villa (a)

4th. Leicester City (GP 35, Pts 63, GD +20) - max points 72
11th May: Manchester United (a)
18th May: Chelsea (a)
23rd May: Tottenham Hotspur (h)

5th. West Ham United (GP 35, Pts 58, GD +10) - max points 67
15th May: Brighton & Hove Albion (a)
19th May: West Bromwich Albion (a)
23rd May: Southampton (h)

6th. Liverpool (GP 34, Pts 57, GD +18) - max points 69

13th May: Manchester United (a)
16th May: West Bromwich Albion (a)
19th May: Burnley (a)
23rd May: Crystal Palace (h)

7th. Tottenham Hotspur (GP 35, Pts 56, GD +20) - max points 65
16th May: Wolverhampton Wanderers (h)
19th May: Aston Villa (h)
23rd May: Leicester City (a)

8th. Everton (GP 34, Pts 55, GD +4) - max points 67
13th May: Aston Villa (a)
16th May: Sheffield United (h)
19th May: Wolverhampton Wanderers (h)
23rd May: Manchester City (a)

With West Ham's results against Chelsea and Everton, they're almost out of it, but their remaining games are doable. Chelsea are pretty much there, with I think everyone expecting the last place to be between Leicester City and Liverpool - Liverpool favourites due to Leicester City's remaining games.

The Liverpool game being postponed has actually helped Leicester City, as they'll surely be facing our second string.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
So if we win 1 more, we’re guaranteed 2nd?

Might as well rest everyone for Leicester to ensure that 1 win is against liverpool

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper

Might as well rest everyone for Leicester to ensure that 1 win is against liverpool
Yeah, need to allow a Leicester win then not loose to the Dippers.

peridigm

We'll draw Liverpool but win the rest.
Chelsea will draw Leicester.
Liverpool win their remaining 3.

United 80
Chelsea 71
Liverpool 67

Expecting Westham to win out is a big task and it will be required for Liverpool to miss out on top4 unless we drop points to Leicester and Liverpool.

Crustanoid

We need to score a load of own goals vs Leicester. Or copy the Japanese team that all played in binoculars that time.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
We need to score a load of own goals vs Leicester. Or copy the Japanese team that all played in binoculars that time.
Leicester is a prefect opportunity for the U23 or U18 teams to get some real minutes.

theklr

One more win and we’re at the same points tally as Chelsea’s. So we arent guaranteed to be precise, but 99%

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
My son was telling me there is an online plea for more Man Utd protesting at the Liverpool game? Wouldn’t that be flirting with point deduction if it disrupts another match?

Asking if this type of thing has happened in the past?

Falcow

Pool will get 10 more points. Leicester will get 4 more meaning pool get 4th on goal difference.

Actually what happens if United win Europa and obviously it will be City or Chelsea for CL, does that mean 5th place qualifies or has that been done away with?

theklr

Pool will get 10 more points. Leicester will get 4 more meaning pool get 4th on goal difference.

Actually what happens if United win Europa and obviously it will be City or Chelsea for CL, does that mean 5th place qualifies or has that been done away with?
Done away with. Max 4 CL spots.

kidbob

My son was telling me there is an online plea for more Man Utd protesting at the Liverpool game? Wouldn’t that be flirting with point deduction if it disrupts another match?

Asking if this type of thing has happened in the past?
Its a strange one to be honest. Can you really punish the club for the actions of lots of fans? Like its more down to the police to marshall it in a way that the game isn't disrupted. Considering they are protesting against the owners then any plea from the club won't make a difference at all. In a way there is nothing that Manchester United can really do to stop the protests disrupting the game again. So a points reduction would be harsh on Ole and the players. However I definitely see your point of view. Like what do the PL do if the game is disrupted again realistically?

Falcow

Done away with. Max 4 CL spots.
Thanks, was just checking it there. Think if Cheksea finished 5th and won CL then it would be 5 teams, same for united but chelsea will finish in top 4 as will united so it will only be 4.

Supermonkey_Wolf

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea really should rest players against Arsenal for the final. The recent results should provide a decent cushion

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea really should rest players against Arsenal for the final. The recent results should provide a decent cushion
I would save Mount, or limit his minutes so he is fresh. Save Silva and Azpi. Arsenal is slow. Put in Giroud or Tammy.

Supermonkey_Wolf

Supports
Chelsea
I would save Mount, or limit his minutes so he is fresh. Save Silva and Azpi. Arsenal is slow. Put in Giroud or Tammy.
I would keep Alonso, Gilmour and James in the team. The front 3, whoever is picked, should be strong without mount. Silva and Azpi of course need a rest

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Werner shouldn't be in the squad. Let him rest for the final.
Mount already got rested

rotherham_red

I think next Tuesday at the absolute latest, will see us in guaranteed 2nd. Realistic worst case scenario is a loss v Leicester and a draw v Liverpool (or vice versa), which would mean a win v a likely already relegated Fulham would put us unassailably 2nd.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
I agree about Mount, but pull him at 60 or 70.
The one player who needs to be wrapped in cotton wool the most right now is azpi. Especially after Andreas got injured. He's worked his arse off in all these big games he needs the rest.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Azpi has looked absolutely spent at the end in his last two outings. I worry about injuries when they get that spent.

theklr

Thanks, was just checking it there. Think if Cheksea finished 5th and won CL then it would be 5 teams, same for united but chelsea will finish in top 4 as will united so it will only be 4.
If Chelsea falls out of top 4 but win the CL, only top 3 in the league will qualify (since we are guaranteed top 4)

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Have a feeling Liverpool will pip Leicester. Hope me can out a nail in their coffin.

gajender

If Chelsea falls out of top 4 but win the CL, only top 3 in the league will qualify (since we are guaranteed top 4)
Incorrect top 4 would still qualify along with Chelsea . Maximum 5 teams are allowed to qualify from one country only in case if Europa league winner and Champions league come from same same country and both aren't in top 4 in their league, then fourth place team misses out.

theklr

Incorrect top 4 would still qualify along with Chelsea . Maximum 5 teams are allowed to qualify from one country only in case if Europa league winner and Champions league come from same same country and both aren't in top 4 in their league, then fourth place team misses out.
Ahh, thanks :)

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
United
Leichester D
Liverpool D
Fulham W
Wolves D
Final points 76

Chelsea

Arsenal W
Leichester W
Villa W
Final points 73

Leichester

United D
Chelsea L
Spurs D
Final poins 65

West Ham

Brighton W
WBA W
Soton D
Final points 65

Liverpool

United D
WBA W
Burnley W
Palace W
Final points 67

Chelsea should be safe in 3rd, unless Liverpool completely bottle it in their last few games im pretty sure they will take 4th. Leichester look terrible at the moment and only have tough games remaining. Moyes bottled it vs Everton

justsomebloke

No, we need 4 points, otherwise it's on GD if Chelsea win all of theirs. Although we do have a fair bit of margin versus Chelsea in our GD, it's not entirely certain if we lose 3 games and Chelsea win 3.

LoneStar

Is it just me or do Leicester always have the toughest fixtures at the end?

Devil81

The fixtures left for Leicester, they must be praying we field a weak team tomorrow because those fixtures are awful.

Looking at Liverpool as well I can see them taking the maximum from the fixtures other than against us.