Top 5 Fastest Footballers In The World

Boss

Melodramatic, attention seeking space-attacker
I left you with enough memories to resurrect me wi
Ronaldo beats Robben, Walcott and Rooney in fastest footballer study 11 December 2009 - 16:26 | Sport.co.uk

Ronaldo beats Robben, Walcott and Rooney in fastest footballer study
Author: Ben Moss
Posted on:11 December 2009 - 16:26

Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo is reportedly the world’s quickest footballer according to German publication Der Spiegel. The study claims the former Manchester United winger and Premier League speedster is quicker than Bayern Munich’s Arjen Robben, Arsenal’s Theo Walcott, and Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney. The man who recently usurped his Ballon d’Or award, Barcelona’s Lionel Messi, was not in the top five according to the study.
The report claims Ronaldo reaches an average speed of 33.6 kilometres per hour (20.88 mph), marginally ahead of Robben who is measured at 32.9 kph. Making up the top five is Arsenal forward Robin Van Persie with an average speed of 32.1 kph.

Top Five fastest footballers courtesy of Der Spiegel:
Cristiano Ronaldo 33.6 kilometres per hour
Arjen Robben 32.9 kph
Theo Walcott 32.7 kph
Wayne Rooney 32.6 kph
Robin Van Persie 32.1 kph

Surely this is flawed somewhat by the inclusion of Van Persie?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I don't really think Rooney is all that fast anymore either. I reckon Valencia's faster.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
Yeah these speed tables always make little sense.

Lennon, Clichy, Traore, Odonkor and probably dozens of lower league players are probably faster than all of the above. But then that list of names wouldn't get any publicity.

davisjw

Yeah these speed tables always make little sense.

Lennon, Clichy, Traore, Odonkor and probably dozens of lower league players are probably faster than all of the above. But then that list of names wouldn't get any publicity.
Agreed. Love Rooney and all but no way is he on a top 5 of fastest players in the world of football.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Ronaldo beats Robben, Walcott and Rooney in fastest footballer study 11 December 2009 - 16:26 | Sport.co.uk

Ronaldo beats Robben, Walcott and Rooney in fastest footballer study
Author: Ben Moss
Posted on:11 December 2009 - 16:26

Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo is reportedly the world’s quickest footballer according to German publication Der Spiegel. The study claims the former Manchester United winger and Premier League speedster is quicker than Bayern Munich’s Arjen Robben, Arsenal’s Theo Walcott, and Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney. The man who recently usurped his Ballon d’Or award, Barcelona’s Lionel Messi, was not in the top five according to the study.
The report claims Ronaldo reaches an average speed of 33.6 kilometres per hour (20.88 mph), marginally ahead of Robben who is measured at 32.9 kph. Making up the top five is Arsenal forward Robin Van Persie with an average speed of 32.1 kph.

Top Five fastest footballers courtesy of Der Spiegel:
Cristiano Ronaldo 33.6 kilometres per hour
Arjen Robben 32.9 kph
Theo Walcott 32.7 kph
Wayne Rooney 32.6 kph
Robin Van Persie 32.1 kph

Surely this is flawed somewhat by the inclusion of Van Persie?
It's flawed because it's blatantly a load of bollox.

Not one defender in the top five?

My arse.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Ivica Olic was registered as the fastest footballer in the latest European championships with something like 34 km/h, he must really have eaten a lot of pancakes in a year to have been ejected from the top 5

ah, there you go, 31,76 km/h. Obviously Robben was feeling slow in the Euros, 2 km/h slower than in this Spiegel study, that's half a metre less per second. I thought players were slower as time went by ?

1. Ivica Olic, Croatia – 31,76 km/h
2. Robin Van Persie, Holland – 31,53 km/h
3. Dmitry Torbinski, Russia, – 31,32 km/h
4. Yuri Zirkov, Russia – 31,32 km/h
5. Nihat Kahveci, Turkey – 31,11 km/h
6. Vasilis Torisidis, Greece – 31,11 km/h
7. Arjen Roben, Holland – 30,89 km/h
8. Michael Ballack, Germany – 30,88 km/h
9. Miroslav Klose, Germany – 30,86 km/h
10. Nuno Gomes, Portugal – 30,81 km/h

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
1. Ivica Olic, Croatia – 31,76 km/h
2. Robin Van Persie, Holland – 31,53 km/h
3. Dmitry Torbinski, Russia, – 31,32 km/h
4. Yuri Zirkov, Russia – 31,32 km/h
5. Nihat Kahveci, Turkey – 31,11 km/h
6. Vasilis Torisidis, Greece – 31,11 km/h
7. Arjen Roben, Holland – 30,89 km/h
8. Michael Ballack, Germany – 30,88 km/h
9. Miroslav Klose, Germany – 30,86 km/h
10. Nuno Gomes, Portugal – 30,81 km/h

I reckon they've measured the distanced covered during a game by each player and worked out an average speed that way.

Theres no way Michael Ballack is a "fast" player.

Spammy

Being watched; will learn to post in the correct f
Gloves are worn for traction primarily. Someone li
The way to determine the fastest footballer should be a 100m competition during the summer. None of this average speed bollocks. You could do one 100m comp with the ball and one without it.

I reckon flat out over 100m some of the fastest players around are Agbonlahor, Lennon, Ronaldo, Ashley Cole, Martins, Robben. Maybe Torres and Ribery.

Suedesi

I reckon they've measured the distanced covered during a game by each player and worked out an average speed that way.

Theres no way Michael Ballack is a "fast" player.

Doubt it.

Most players cover 10 km per game, which would make the average speed around 6.6 km/hr.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
The way to determine the fastest footballer should be a 100m competition during the summer. None of this average speed bollocks. You could do one 100m comp with the ball and one without it.

I reckon flat out over 100m some of the fastest players around are Agbonlahor, Lennon, Ronaldo, Ashley Cole, Martins, Robben. Maybe Torres and Ribery.
Walcott would be right up there. He's lightening.

Boss

Ivica Olic was registered as the fastest footballer in the latest European championships with something like 34 km/h, he must really have eaten a lot of pancakes in a year to have been ejected from the top 5

ah, there you go, 31,76 km/h. Obviously Robben was feeling slow in the Euros, 2 km/h slower than in this Spiegel study, that's half a metre less per second. I thought players were slower as time went by ?
Again with the Van Persie! Cmon

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Doubt it.

Most players cover 10 km per game, which would make the average speed around 6.6 km/hr.
Indeed, this was the average pace in a sprint so it is relevant. To see Robben gaining two km/h in a year is quite clearly underscoring one of these lists is flawed.

Quite surprised to see Ballack in that EURO list but 30,88 km/h is not all that impressive, plenty of players outside the top ten were at around 30,70 km/h so it's a matter of centimetres between him and an averagely pacey player.

Boss said:
Again with the Van Persie! Cmon
Surely the fact van Persie is 8 inches taller than Aaron Lennon and the like mantles our judgement. One who has seen him live would be better suited to assess his pace.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Doubt it.

Well, obviously players don't run full speed for 90 minutes but i can't see any other way Ballack makes it onto any "fastest" list above the likes of Odonkor, Gallas, Anelka or Henry.

Boss

Indeed, this was the average pace in a sprint so it is relevant. To see Robben gaining two km/h in a year is quite clearly underscoring one of these lists is flawed.

Quite surprised to see Ballack in that EURO list but 30,88 km/h is not all that impressive, plenty of players outside the top ten were at around 30,70 km/h so it's a matter of centimetres between him and an averagely pacey player.

Surely the fact van Persie is 8 inches taller than Aaron Lennon and the like mantles our judgement. One who has seen him live would be better suited to assess his pace.
Well I've seen him live and he didn't come across as one of the fastest players on the planet

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
The only reason central midfielders like Ballack and Fabregas (who was in another list) is because they've had the opportunity in a game to break into a galloping 40-50m sprint. Whereas somebody like Nicolas Anelka might only be making a 20m burst - yet they still get measured in the same spastic way.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Top footballers in a big team.

The same study was done in 2007 by Nike but in reference to the PL. Then Ronaldo was fastest runner with a ball but came close second to Ashley Young in a sprint. Agbonlahor was second fastest with a ball and Walcott third fastest overall. Also mentioned then were Lennon, Rooney I think and a 7th or 8th bloke who couldn't have been any special :)

Murphman

It's flawed because it's blatantly a load of bollox.

Not one defender in the top five?

My arse.
The quickest player in England was wayne ferraday who's fatsest 100 metres was olympic standard. Unfortunately he was fecking useless, the quickest player probably plays for some shit team.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
People need to realize that the study only contains the top teams in Europe. It's probably some technology in the CL that they are basing this on.

Murphman

The quickest Liverpool player I ever saw was Steve Heighway. Who was the quickest manc? Best was fecking quick, so were Coppell and Hill.

Mainoldo

Fastest players in the Prem:

Torres
Agbonlahor
Lennon
Valencia
Walcott
Rooney
Obertan??

SecondFig

There's a huge difference between being fast in a sprint and being fast with the ball at your feet. I can believe Ronaldo is the fastest in the world while dribbling, but if it's just a flat out sprint there are countless lower league players plus people like Bellion that are faster.