Top Four Race 2018/19

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Arsenal look inept but surely hold fire for a few weeks?

Arsenal winning a major trophy and qualifying for CL obviously better than Spurs qualifying for CL with no major trophy won.
My euphoria is from having CL football again next season - due to Arsenal's failings today - after it had started to look in some doubt.

I care more about that than whether or not Arsenal win the EL.

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
I'd like to personally thank Unai Emery and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer for helping to bring Chelsea back into the Champions League.

You made it possible.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Surely the shittiest top four race in ages. Never seen four teams try so hard for europa league places.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Thank feck this roller coaster of a PL campaign is over. We've looked really promising at times under Sarri and unbelievably terrible at others.

Now the hope turns to the EL and the inevitable sale of Hazard after that.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I'm actually confused. Have Spurs and Chelsea bottled it? :confused:
Spurs just did their usual choke in last 10 games but this time two teams below couldn't take advantage.

Chelsea have only won two away games since December and they were at Cardiff and Fulham. They have beaten no one decent away for about six months now.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Thank feck this roller coaster of a PL campaign is over. We've looked really promising at times under Sarri and unbelievably terrible at others.

Now the hope turns to the EL and the inevitable sale of Hazard after that.
Do you honestly really care about the EL now?

Schneckerl

So weird how Sarri/Chelsea were under fire all year, but are the 3rd team to clinch a CL spot.

Dve

The only way top 4 does not make the CL is if Spurs win the CL and finish outside the top 4. If Chelsea or Arsenal win it a finish outside the top 4 then 5 PL sides make the CL like they did 2 seasons ago.
Yes, that´s right. I though England would have only 4 teams in CL if one outside top four won the EL, but this does not seem to be case. Thanks for the correction.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I was wrong. Thought Spurs would have got the jitters with both Chelsea and Arse winning but I forgot Arsenal are just as bad as we are.

So Spurs make it regardless of all their losses. The worst 3rd/4th place race ever. Shit teams everywhere.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
I was wrong. Thought Spurs would have got the jitters with both Chelsea and Arse winning but I forgot Arsenal are just as bad as we are.

So Spurs make it regardless of all their losses. The worst 3rd/4th place race ever. Shit teams everywhere.
And regardless of having to play most of our home games at Wembley, plus regardless of signing no players in the summer, plus regardless of being more unlucky than average with injuries.

All in all, we've done well to finish in the top 4 again given the circumstances. Now it's on to Ajax and then looking forward to what will hopefully be decent transfer budget in the summer and the first full season in our new stadium.

IrishRedDevil

United fans calling the other teams shit is hilarious. We are by far the worst of the lot. We couldn’t even beat a relegated, toothless Huddersfield team today to keep a bit of hope going into the final week. Bunch of absolutely useless fecks who get paid a fortune. Hate the lot of them right now.

BlueHaze

United fans calling the other teams shit is hilarious. We are by far the worst of the lot. We couldn’t even beat a relegated, toothless Huddersfield team today to keep a bit of hope going into the final week. Bunch of absolutely useless fecks who get paid a fortune. Hate the lot of them right now.
You're not the only one..

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
The level of football outside of the top 2 is astonishing. All other clubs who usually battle for the top 4 seem to have gone a few step backwards this season in terms of quality.

El Zoido

Pundits keep banging on about how amazing City and Liverpool are, and it’s really just that the rest of the league is absolute garbage.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Pretty hollow way to get CL football. I feel we've been pretty average this season, and abysmal in certain away games. Yet we might finish 3rd, bizzare year.

Utd and Arsenal were on great runs and just folded. Inexplicable.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Pretty hollow way to get CL football. I feel we've been pretty average this season, and abysmal in certain away games. Yet we might finish 3rd, bizzare year.

Utd and Arsenal were on great runs and just folded. Inexplicable.
I hope Chelsea do finish 3rd, would be good for the LOLZ if Spurs finished below them

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
I hope Chelsea do finish 3rd, would be good for the LOLZ if Spurs finished below them
I honestly don't care much if we finish third or fourth at this point. Even if we finish third it's clear as day that our performances as of late have been far from good enough. If we finished comfortably third then I would be happy, but to finish above or below Chelsea at this point doesn't matter, to me anyway.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Chelsea have won a million FA cups lately. Can never say no to european trophy to improve the legacy.

Infact Chelsea seem to make it an art of even winning trophies in seasons when they're in complete turmoil. Club that thrives on chaos.

TheThingThatShouldNotBe

Supports
Chelsea
FA Cup a long way ahead of the others for me, then the League Cup then the Europa.

Europa feels like the runners up trophy to me, you’re not good enough for the CL so have this. We had to beat Liverpool and Spurs to get to the League Cup final for example, better teams than any we have played in the Europa.

spud u like

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I don't think anyone cares whether you finish 3rd or 4th, since the CL qualifying round that 4th had to go through was binned.

Champions League is Champions League whether you're 4th or 3rd. Beats 5th, 6th or 7th and the Europa League any day.

MagicKarpet

Supports
Tottenham
Done then.

Just remember that Spurs had 60 points on February 10th - 11 matches ago.

They are currently on 70 points so 10 (ten) points gained in this time

TEN POINTS IN 3 MONTHS

What?

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
There have been a lot of extenuating circumstances this season but fair to say the players have pissed me off these last 3 months. Bunch of idiots.

Barring a miracle (which I'm still not ruling out), we just about get over the line. Jesus christ. What a complete grind this season has been.

el3mel

You can't say we weren't the most consistent at least. Consistent at being shite and 6th. :D

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea have won a million FA cups lately. Can never say no to european trophy to improve the legacy.

Infact Chelsea seem to make it an art of even winning trophies in seasons when they're in complete turmoil. Club that thrives on chaos.
spot on. Everyone writes us off, "next season theyre screwed after X Y and Z" and we always get over the line somehow. It's old news with us. Finished 10th under Jose, people said we may need a few yrs to get back to the elite, next year we won the title. Even without Hazard, I'd still not write us off winning something next year

Ooh2B

Supports
Arsenal
There have been a lot of extenuating circumstances this season but fair to say the players have pissed me off these last 3 months. Bunch of idiots.

Barring a miracle (which I'm still not ruling out), we just about get over the line. Jesus christ. What a complete grind this season has been.
That miracle would be Everton scoring 4/5 and us doing the same. It’s on!

Hey, don’t blame me! This sort of thing has been the theme around here for weeks:lol:

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
That miracle would be Everton scoring 4/5 and us doing the same. It’s on!

Hey, don’t blame me! This sort of thing has been the theme around here for weeks:lol:
Oh believe me, as a Tottenham fan, I'm ruling nothing out. I cannot wait for 5 pm next Sunday.

What I think is probably the most likely scenario is considering the absolute cluster feck of form the 4 teams have put in over the last 2 months, we'll see maybe 4-5 points gained out of a possible 12.....