Top Four Race 2018/19

Dr. StrangeHate

Top 4 can suck a dick, some can't see beyond the end of one's nose ( or what ever the expressions is ), the state of us, where we heading etc. Sure lets do Arsenal, get in CL yaay, get out of the groups and just to be knocked right after year in year on.
Without top 4, top players are unlikely to come. Fairly simple. There is a reason why Bayern and other CL clubs announce deals before the season is over while we have to wait.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
:lol:

Don't think so chap. Think if you go through my posts in this forum Liverpool is the "big" team I least comment on (actually probably comment on Man. City even less) although majority are just to slag off Chelsea and Spurs really from the hype machines.
Happy to be proven wrong, just find it bizarre how you call us Man. United all the time, it's actually mental. :) makes a change from you proving me right though, like yesterday which you ignored ;)

PoTMS

If top 4 is dead by the time we meet them, we may as well lose to City on purpose. I say that, but even if we tried, we'd still probably get beat.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
I'm going to be honest, lads: at this rate, we could end 6th and Chelsea 5th.

We have lost the enthusiasm and fitness of winter, but also the confidence...

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Happy to be proven wrong, just find it bizarre how you call us Man. United all the time, it's actually mental. :) makes a change from you proving me right though, like yesterday which you ignored ;)
What else would he call you? I do the same. I'm not typing "Manchester" every fecking time!

dove

Without top 4, top players are unlikely to come. Fairly simple. There is a reason why Bayern and other CL clubs announce deals before the season is over while we have to wait.
To be fair I don't think the reason is TOP 4. The reason is we are shite for years now, our transfers have been a complete clusterfeck, board is clueless, we constantly reward mediocre players with lucrative deals (that's why we mostly attract mediocre players) and our direction (doesn't even look like we have one) is unknown. Unfortunately it's hard to see us winning anything significant anytime soon.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Beckham and lots of other players always says Man. United? Really you calling me out on something like that?! :lol: TBF I have been making sure I type "Man. City" on regular basis since you or whoever pointed it out.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
What else would he call you? I do the same. I'm not typing "Manchester" every fecking time!
"Manchester United, the biggest club in the country, FC"

Each and every single time you mention them :D

redshaw

Top 4 chances pretty much done now.

Was a valiant comeback. I think the Arsenal away loss was quite a blow, a top 4 six pointer, we'd be sitting pretty in third had we got something. Player mentality took a blow and everything was going to catch us up. All the filler and paint Ole put on has been washed away and all the problems are there to see again.

Credit to Ramsey at Arsenal, he's putting in a great show.

Probably a North London lock out for third and fourth. We have a very small chance still but Arsenal have come good again and Spurs, who've been shite lately are due a decent run and have the new stadium bounce to look forward to.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Beckham and lots of other players always says Man. United? Really you calling me out on something like that?! :lol: TBF I have been making sure I type "Man. City" on regular basis since you or whoever pointed it out.
He's a cockney, so makes sense as they all do it, hence why @duffer does it too. You're from Brum no? Hence you support Ast. Villa?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He's a cockney, so makes sense as they all do it, hence why @duffer does it too. You're from Brum no? Hence you support Ast. Villa?
Yes it says that in my profile if you just glance to your left....

Didn't realise Man. United caused such an offence. As Duffer says Manchester United takes too long to keep on typing. I should probably just type United seeing as this is United forum but never like doing it tbh as there is more than one pro club with that name in Britain.

saivet

I think it's premature to say top 4 is over now. Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal will all drop points in their final games. It will be tough for us, but I'm not giving up on it yet.

Cal?

CR7 fan
It's incredibly disrespectful to the 200 other "Uniteds" in the league.
It's common convention, or do you think calling Real Madrid "Real" is also incredibly disrespectful to the other "Real"s in Spain?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Always massively against us with the games coming up!

If we have even half a chance come the last 2 games against Huddersfield and Cardiff we'll have done amazingly.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Everyone thought PSG would batter you. Everyone thought Barca would batter us in 2012! A wise man once said "Football, it's a funny old game".
To prove how much I hate "Man. United" and love "Liverpool" I'm currently arguing with a Barca fan in the La Liga thread that Manchester United do actually have a chance if they can get their quick forward players fit again.

State of my life. :lol:

flappyjay

If you don't get I to the ucl I feels it's better you don't play in Europe at all. The Europa league is such a hindrance to league form.

Irwin99

Top 4 chances pretty much done now.

Was a valiant comeback. I think the Arsenal away loss was quite a blow, a top 4 six pointer, we'd be sitting pretty in third had we got something. Player mentality took a blow and everything was going to catch us up. All the filler and paint Ole put on has been washed away and all the problems are there to see again.

Credit to Ramsey at Arsenal, he's putting in a great show.

Probably a North London lock out for third and fourth. We have a very small chance still but Arsenal have come good again and Spurs, who've been shite lately are due a decent run and have the new stadium bounce to look forward to.
Lots of points are going to be dropped but Chelsea and Spurs aren't looking up to much either. We have to win virtually all our remaining games. Spurs play Man City three times which could mean three demoralising defeats in very tough/draining games and we don't know what effect the new stadium is going to have on them.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
If you don't get I to the ucl I feels it's better you don't play in Europe at all. The Europa league is such a hindrance to league form.
Europa very likely to go down to 7th so near impossible to throw games to actually miss out.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
To prove how much I hate "Man. United" and love "Liverpool" I'm currently arguing with a Barca fan in the La Liga thread that Manchester United do actually have a chance if they can get their quick forward players fit again.

State of my life. :lol:
To be honest, and I know a lot of real Villa fans, they absolutely despise United for some reason (that's Manchester United btw, not Scunthorpe or Southend) so it makes sense why there is that little niggle here and there ;)

Im not offending by the shortening, just wondered the reasoning behind it is all.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
To be honest, and I know a lot of real Villa fans, they absolutely despise United for some reason (that's Manchester United btw, not Scunthorpe or Southend) so it makes sense why there is that little niggle here and there ;)

Im not offending by the shortening, just wondered the reasoning behind it is all.
Brummie reds.

Growing up in Birmingham in late 90s and pretty much 70% of people at school who followed football were United fans. Two of my best friends are Birmingham born and support you (one also follows Birmingham :houllier:).

Midlands does seem a very mixed area of people who grow up supporting a whole different range of clubs. Completely different to likes of Leeds, Liverpool and Newcastle areas.

Cal?

CR7 fan
How about two games against Wolves? :lol:
Fair point. ;)
It's lazy.

Regarding Spain, does it bother the other "Reals"? I don't know. It would annoy me if I was a fan of of the others.
Shock horror that human beings have invented some lazy convention. Most football clubs with 2 or more word names have conventionally accepted short forms:

Manchester United - United (Manchester in continental Europe)
Real Madrid - Real or Madrid
Atletico Madrid - Atletico
XXXX United - XXXX

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Shock horror that human beings have invented some lazy convention. Most football clubs with 2 or more word names have conventionally accepted short forms:

Manchester United - United (Manchester in continental Europe)
Real Madrid - Real or Madrid
Atletico Madrid - Atletico
XXXX United - XXXX
People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis. You can't trust people, Jeremy.