Top Four Race 2018/19

AshRK

Arsenal would just waste a space in CL football. Just hope we do our job and kick them out of top 4

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Great result for us. Still a tough ask given we are 2 points behind two teams and 3 points behind Spurs. That Wolves result really was a huge blow. Within reach now though.

Djemba-Djemba

I think Spurs have the best fixtures and they'll finish 3rd.

It's a toss up between us Arsenal and Chelsea for 4th.

Whoever is least shit will get it. All 3 teams are pretty crap.

marktan

Christ our next pl fixtures don't look great do they.. West Ham, Chelsea, Everton and City. With Barcelona wedged in there too..

Cliche Guevara

It’s the hope that kills.

Arsenal still have to play Watford, Leicester and Wolves. All away from home.
Chelsea have West Ham at home and Liverpool away next two games.

Tottenham are away at Man City game after next.

There’s still a long way to go and it could get very tight.

I’d probably put Arsenal down for 6th at this point.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
As I said a week back. Tottenham will be saved by the fixture list.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
We're no more likely to do any better away at Everton. It was a game they could afford to lose. Don't get your hopes up.

deafepl

Everton and Chelsea are only game we need to win the game, if we won them, we're going to finish in top 4 no doubt.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We should definitely win our last two games at the very least, and big favourites over West Ham at home too. We need to piece a few points from Everton, Chelsea and City. Win two of those and we should be good.

Spurs have best fixtures. Arsenal still have to go away to Wolves, Watford, Burnley and Leicester - all tough games. Chelsea I think we can put away for good if we win at OT.

thejtrain

With all 3 of us expected to drop points between now and the end of the season, Arsenal's goal difference could come in handy.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
A win today and we're pretty much a lock for top 4.

Everything depends on which everton side turn up today or if they're on the beach already(like the Brits will say).

Although, I may be wrong, we may completely batter them. History shows that everton almost always roll over for us whether at Goodison Park or the emirates.

Having said that, I'll happily take a hard fought 1-0 in our favour
This aged well :lol:

The only lock Arsenal are in for is loosing away from home. Top 4 now will come down to who's least shit between them, us and Chelsea. Anyone who's confident in their own side to do what it takes is in for a rude awakening

diarm

My predictor:

Man City - 98pts
Liverpool - 92pts
Spurs - 77pts
United - 74pts___
Chelsea - 74pts
Arsenal - 72pts

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The rest of April is looking like this:

Chelsea vs West Ham tomorrow

Next weekend:
United vs West Ham
Liverpool vs Chelsea
Watford vs Arsenal

Then:
Everton vs United
Arsenal vs Palace
Chelsea vs Burnley

Then:
United vs City
Wolves vs Arsenal

Then:
United vs Chelsea
Leicester vs Arsenal

May:
Arsenal v Brighton
Chelsea v Watford
Huddersfield v United

United v Cardiff
Burnley v Arsenal
Leicester v Chelsea

Looking at the fixtures, it could easily come down to the last game of the season and United sneaking in, as both Arsenal and Chelsea have tough final games.

-Supreme-

Arsenal may well have the easiest run in on paper but they have 4 away games from the remaining 7 games and their away form has really let them down

Djemba-Djemba

I hope today stops people going on about what an "easy" fixture list Arsenal have.

Any away game for them will be a huge struggle.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
That win over Cardiff could be crucial for Chelsea. They'll go third tomorrow.

charlenefan

I hope today stops people going on about what an "easy" fixture list Arsenal have.

Any away game for them will be a huge struggle.
I don't know who the bigger idiots are, those who have continually said Arsenal have an easy fixture list or the Arsenal fans themselves who were making excuses for their previous away form and convincing themselves that things are different now :lol:

Josh 76

The rest of April is looking like this:

Chelsea vs West Ham tomorrow

Next weekend:
United vs West Ham
Liverpool vs Chelsea
Watford vs Arsenal

Then:
Everton vs United
Arsenal vs Palace
Chelsea vs Burnley

Then:
United vs City
Wolves vs Arsenal

Then:
United vs Chelsea
Leicester vs Arsenal

May:
Arsenal v Brighton
Chelsea v Watford
Huddersfield v United

United v Cardiff
Burnley v Arsenal
Leicester v Chelsea

Looking at the fixtures, it could easily come down to the last game of the season and United sneaking in, as both Arsenal and Chelsea have tough final games.
Feck me, all of a sudden Arsenals fixtures look the most difficult.
Watford, Leicester, wolves and Burnley away. Will be surprised if they pick up more than 5 points from those games.

bosnian_red

Arsenal may well have the easiest run in on paper but they have 4 away games from the remaining 7 games and their away form has really let them down
Only 6 games left. They had 5 away games out of 7. Their recent run of form was only because they had like 7 of their last 10 at home and plenty of gimme fixtures.

bosnian_red

Watford, Leicester, wolves and Burnley away. Will be surprised if they pick up more than 5 points from those games.
They always were difficult. Look at their away form and people just thought it was nothing when it's actually a very real thing and a big problem for them.

charlenefan

All of a sudden? :lol:

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Not to me and those that had some foresight ;)

Arsenal are essentially two different teams, they get regularly outplayed away from home but look like a title challenging team at home. Arsenal are the only team in the league to not keep a clean sheet away from home.

ErranMorad

Good result for us. But also worrying that Everton looked so good. Could have scored 2-3 more on another day.Tough to see how we beat them away with the form we are in.

Little digression here, but how teams like Wolves & Everton are able to pass the ball much better than us? They passed the ball quickly & with much better precision on the counter. It's frustrating to see mid-table teams do simple things better than us.

Still think top 3 will be City, Liverpool, Spurs. With 4th either going to Arsenal or us; Arsenal more likely.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Ole is right 5/6 wins and we are in. Everton Away will be difficult. City at home is a free shit. It all rests on Chelsea at home though.

Djemba-Djemba

I don't know who the bigger idiots are, those who have continually said Arsenal have an easy fixture list or the Arsenal fans themselves who were making excuses for their previous away form and convincing themselves that things are different now :lol:
It was so annoying. People just not paying attention.

They've been hopeless away from home all season, even on their big unbeaten run they were mostly dogshit in away games. One League away win since November, against Huddersfield, they've even lost both their away Europa League knockout games too.

They are fantastic at home and are a match there for anyone. Away from home they're as bad as you can get.

I can't understand how any Arsenal fan can predict an away win having watched them for the last 2 years.

Kapardin

Ole is right 5/6 wins and we are in. Everton Away will be difficult. City at home is a free shit. It all rests on Chelsea at home though.
We have almost as difficult fixtures as Arsenal and their away games. Spurs are still getting the job done. Chelsea unfortunately appear to just sneak wins despite not playing that well like LvG's first season with us.

At this point, I would have Spurs and Chelsea as slight favorites, but both are certainly capable of collapses.