Television Top Gear

lsd

The Oracle
Wow, just seen the latest pictures of him, the scars look fresh but he was in an accident months ago. It must've been really bad

Nine months and scars like that still it must have been a horrific accident.

I wonder if they are out through any extra training for the show or just let loose and that's what happens.

I'm sure Clarkson and co were legitimately trained drivers if not racing standard obviously they had been in the industry all their lives.

Gavinb33

I wonder if they are out through any extra training for the show or just let loose and that's what happens.

I'm sure Clarkson and co were legitimately trained drivers if not racing standard obviously they had been in the industry all their lives.
Fred has a proper racing licence they showed him building up to it and passing on the show

Stevondo8

Didn’t they admit, with Hammond anyway, that a lot of the track driving during his segments was actually done by someone else, particularly early on anyway. (I’ve got a memory of him saying he couldn’t drift, and someone else did it for him)

lsd

The Oracle
Didn’t they admit, with Hammond anyway, that a lot of the track driving during his segments was actually done by someone else, particularly early on anyway. (I’ve got a memory of him saying he couldn’t drift, and someone else did it for him)

I wouldn't say a lot but yes the show has always used other drivers for certain segments with those three and after them.

It's only common sense to be honest. There are always going to be some scenes you don't want your star driving and there will be scenes when the start isn't even there which has happened.

However as we have seen they do have to do some extremely dangerous segments which have backfired.

I think it's better for everyone to let the show die now.

Coxy

Definitely looks like he’s suffered significant tissue/nerve damage. His face looks like he’s had cosmetic surgery - expect there’s prob more to come.
Yeah sadly looked like a skin graft of some sort. his nose / mouse area looked very different from his cheeks etc. very sad - poor bloke

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I think it's better for everyone to let the show die now
Should have been allowed to die long before Clarkson got sacked. It became so dull and predictable ‘oh look he left the handbrake off, oh look he crashed again, oh look James May is slow, oh look the cars on fire rinse and repeat etc…..
Too much about C, H & M dicking about and not enough about cars.

lsd

The Oracle
He’s got a settlement from the BBC.

Still can’t believe he wasn’t wearing a full helmet!

Nine million apparently no doubt the licence fee will be raised to cover that as we are all in this together

lsd

The Oracle
" BBC Studios is a commercial company which does not use BBC licence fee income."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...ment-with-andrew-flintoff-over-top-gear-crash

no doubt everyone will spread misinfo

BBC Studios is ultimately part of the BBC, the clue is in the name. Any shortfall in its contribution to the funding of the Group must ultimately be paid by the licence payer whether it’s in £££, or loss of quality of programs produced.

That said i would gladly pay more money not to see Paddy McGuinness on tv

lsd

The Oracle