Television Top Gear

Cina

I bet everyone will still watch it though. And the ratings will be all good for the Beeb. The last few series of the old format were largely awful but we all still watched week on week.

Barbara Charles

For the love of pickled beets
I sincerely hope the new Top Gear fails. I loved the old show: yes it was scripted and corny but it was a laugh and a bit of escapism. The BBC disgusted me with their whining about PCness and as far as firing Clarkson, that producer had a face that made you want to punch it (a la John Terry). I cannot bear Chris Evans: he gives me the creeps for some reason. And that Sabine bitch: what a cakling phony.

Rant over.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
I sincerely hope the new Top Gear fails. I loved the old show: yes it was scripted and corny but it was a laugh and a bit of escapism. The BBC disgusted me with their whining about PCness and as far as firing Clarkson, that producer had a face that made you want to punch it (a la John Terry). I cannot bear Chris Evans: he gives me the creeps for some reason. And that Sabine bitch: what a cakling phony.

Rant over.
Oh the old "she was wearing a short skirt" debate :nono: Clarkson assaulted someone for feck sake, and it was right of the BBC to get rid of the tit.

Agree with you on Chris Evans, though. That guy should've stayed in 1999. I'd probably enjoy the new Top Gear if not for him and that boring tosser from the F1 world.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

Rant over.
Not punching people is PC nonsense now?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Only in tvland could Chris Evans be the routine go-to answer when a programme is deemed to need a boost.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year

Rant over.
Crazy isn't it? You probably couldn't even daub racially offensive slurs on his garage wall in your own shit without the Liberal Democrats having a go. This country's gone to hell in a handcart, I tell ya.

Personally I think the BBC should deliberately go out of their way to alienate and annoy the weird section of the public that are obsessively bitter about a heavily indulged millionaire TV presenter being sacked for punching a work colleague like a normal person would be (ironically the exact same section of the public who flame the BBC for letting their presenters get away with anything in the past) and determined to hate a TV show that hasn't even aired yet just to prove some kind of childish, Richard Littlejohn-esque point about...I dunno, chocolate mosques?

Personally I hope it's absolutely brilliant and widely beloved by an entirely different audience, just so the hoards of shed-dwelling little Englanders up and down the country will implode in silent, impotent rage into their Daily Expresses* as they prepare for the
C̶O̶L̶D̶E̶S̶T̶ ̶W̶I̶N̶T̶E̶R̶ HOTTEST SUMMER ON RECORD!!!

* (ooooh, it's a good paper)

Last edited:

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
The more trailers there are, the more I think Matt LeBlanc was an absolutely brilliant choice as a presenter.

Really, he has an extremely boring monotonous voice. I'm still not feeling this new top gear at all, I'll try it but I'm not expecting anything like the old guys version. I can't see where the humour is coming from.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Jeremy's wind problem was the real reason for his sacking. Looks to me like it was just one curry too far.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Thanks to the thoughtful mod who altered the thread title. I'd have missed this otherwise.