Television Top Gear

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Is that normal? Five episodes only? Lazy bastards.

Just when the chemistry was getting better and even more spontaneous, the series ends?

Yeah only the 5 the only reason I can think of is the bbc might not have wanted to commit to further episodes in case it was a bust like the previous hosts efforts.

Dante

Average bang
Anyone seen the special?

I though the Grand Tour special a couple of weeks ago was shite. I'm hoping for better from this.

lsd

The Oracle
It's not Top Gear anymore it is just League of their own on bbc . 3 guys pretending to be mates when you know they hate other and one of them is Flintoff

hobbers

They need to draft in the lads from wilty next season. Who cares if they know nothing about cars.

dannyrhinos89

I just watched the xmas special. I really enjoyed it. I'm liking these 3 they have the chemistry and its an entertaining watch.

TheReligion

Abusive
I just watched the xmas special. I really enjoyed it. I'm liking these 3 they have the chemistry and its an entertaining watch.
I didn't really rate it to be honest. I like the three together and will watch the new series but I thought it wasn't that great as a stand alone.

Dante

Average bang
Brilliant episode! I honestly think it was up there amongst the best TG episodes I've ever seen. No interviews or other bullshit. All killer, no filler.

That finale was possibly the most gripping thing I've seen on TV outside of watching sports.

backofthenet

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not the messiah... he's a very naughty boy
Brilliant episode! I honestly think it was up there amongst the best TG episodes I've ever seen. No interviews or other bullshit. All killer, no filler.

That finale was possibly the most gripping thing I've seen on TV outside of watching sports.
Flintoff is sodding insane to even think of doing that stunt.

Leg-End

I actually really like it, it works and it doesn't feel anywhere near as forced.

That final stunt was crazy.

Wicked_Badger

Was an excellent episode. First time TG has had me genuinely laughing for a long time. The Flontoff stunt at the end was bonkers. Sweaty palms just watching!

AaronRedDevil

Was an excellent episode. First time TG has had me genuinely laughing for a long time. The Flontoff stunt at the end was bonkers. Sweaty palms just watching!
What did he do? Haven't watched the new top gear guys yet. But I'm a fan of Flintoff

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
The Chris Harris dinosaur running scene had me in tears :lol:

And Jesus, Flintoff is a mad man. The producers must be delighted to have him, seems he's up for anything.

Rooney1987

Another good episode this week. New Years special was ok but these first 2 eps have been pretty decent. Never in a million years did I think I’d enjoy these 3 together.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Another good episode this week. New Years special was ok but these first 2 eps have been pretty decent. Never in a million years did I think I’d enjoy these 3 together.
Agreed, I think it works well though with Harris being the serious one, and the other 2 there for a bit of fun. They do have the same sort of "genuine friend" chemistry that Clarkson/May/Hammond had which comes across fairly well.

While I didn't dislike Matt/Rory this does feel more natural.

Dante

Average bang
Chris is the best driver/motoring journalist the show has ever had - I trust his opinion on cars more than any of the original trio. And reckon he'd easily beat them all in a race, too.

Flintoff is the best daredevil the show has ever had, and makes for some of the best setpieces on TV.

Paddy is an okay-ish comedian. That's about it. He's definitely the weak link of the current lineup. You can see what the producers were hoping for when they signed him, but I don't think he's shone. Though to his credit, his chemistry with the others is pretty good.

slyadams

Chris is the best driver/motoring journalist the show has ever had - I trust his opinion on cars more than any of the original trio. And reckon he'd easily beat them all in a race, too.

Flintoff is the best daredevil the show has ever had, and makes for some of the best setpieces on TV.

Paddy is an okay-ish comedian. That's about it. He's definitely the weak link of the current lineup. You can see what the producers were hoping for when they signed him, but I don't think he's shone. Though to his credit, his chemistry with the others is pretty good.
I'm not sure I agree with your position on Paddy. Flintoff isn't a 'front man', he can't knit the program together, or drive the narrative. Harris is the car guy and doesn't quite have the personality for that role. Paddy is the guy who I think makes it all work.

dannyrhinos89

I’m enjoying it too I loved the feature with the RAF plane. What a piece of machinery that is.

arthurka

To be fair Hammond has almost died twice so not quite there yet.

Rooney1987

Not a bad Ep this week but the weakest of the season. Obviously the race would have taken up more then 15mins but they had to cut it short. Meaning the last segment felt like it was thrown together to fill time.

They do have stop the celeb lap now don’t they? Quality of guests had dropped to a point you question why do it. Tom Cruise and Will Smith begged to do this show, these days the guests would struggle to get a seat on a bad ITV reality tv show.

Leg-End

Yeah the celeb lap is boring, irrelevant and old, get rid of it. Just fill it with Harris doing what he did for a bit on the last episode, talking about affordable cars and shitting on them.

lsd

The Oracle
No idea why anyone would watch this any more . You cannot fake the genuine relationship Hammond , Clarkson and May have and it was that relationship that kept people watching . It was never about cars or stupid stunts that made the show so popular . It was three aging men behaving like idiots arguing and pranking each other while deep down you knew they were real friends.

You just cannot copy that

Rooney1987

I don't think what these have is fake I'd argue it's the best it's been since Clarkson and co left. Last season I thought it had potential. However I agree this isn't doing it for me bit too silly.

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
I'm surprised to see the reactions here, I thought it was pretty fun, if anything I'd say its better now than the last couple of seasons with Clarkson etc.

Dante

Average bang
There's genuinely brilliant chemistry between the three of them now. Equally as good as the old lot ever managed. The vibe is more youthful, daring and energetic as well (which I like).

The season premier was a bit meh, though. Only having one car journalist often feels like an oversight.