Film Top Gun: Maverick

RedDevilQuebecois

Oh yeah!

It has to be the longest wait I ever experienced for a movie, but it will definitely be worth it.

Going to fly back to the UK and watch this on the imax in London. Sod subtitles. Been waiting for this since I was about 5 years old.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
The trailer for this plays every time I go to Manny IMAX at the printworks and it still says 2020 on it... Would it really kill them to update one little bit of copy?

Looks epic though.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
They're basically demanding you see this on the biggest screen possible...

And that's exactly what I'll be doing.

Mike Smalling

Can't wait to see this on the big screen. Hopefully it will be every bit as cheesy as the first one.

GazTheLegend

The fact that Tom Cruise (along with the rest of the cast) is literally in one of those jets for real is probably enough to make it worth a watch. Mind blowing stuff. It's not obvious to me from the clips but is Tom Cruise actually FLYING one of them? Edit: He does fly a P51, but apparently the USN wouldn't let him fly a real F-18 super hornet. Still pretty cool, the guy might be a certified lunatic but he's probably the most committed actor Hollywood has to realism. Badass.

Heardy

The fact that Tom Cruise (along with the rest of the cast) is literally in one of those jets for real is probably enough to make it worth a watch. Mind blowing stuff. It's not obvious to me from the clips but is Tom Cruise actually FLYING one of them? Edit: He does fly a P51, but apparently the USN wouldn't let him fly a real F-18 super hornet. Still pretty cool, the guy might be a certified lunatic but he's probably the most committed actor Hollywood has to realism. Badass.
Think you’re right. Sure I read he was specifically banned from getting clearance to fly an F-18.

GazTheLegend

Think you’re right. Sure I read he was specifically banned from getting clearance to fly an F-18.
The videos look like he's actually flying one which is surprising. $70million worth of jet. Presumably the cockpit selfie camera (for want of a better word) will be a P-51 made to look like an F-18 cockpit as opposed to actual cockpit, but even with that... well. I am so glad the Super Hornet is getting it's day in the sun, it was every bit as cool to me as the F-14 was as a nerdy military planespotter kid growing up :lol:

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
The videos look like he's actually flying one which is surprising. $70million worth of jet. Presumably the cockpit selfie camera (for want of a better word) will be a P-51 made to look like an F-18 cockpit as opposed to actual cockpit, but even with that... well. I am so glad the Super Hornet is getting it's day in the sun, it was every bit as cool to me as the F-14 was as a nerdy military planespotter kid growing up :lol:
Think they’ll do what they did in top gun and just throw them in the back seat and film.

Not surprising he wasn’t given clearance. Too many things to go wrong for even an experience punter in the drivers seat. Probably requires a year or so of fighter training. I’d love to hear Hazard Lee or the likes comments on how hard it would be for him to fly.

There are those jets they general public can buy. Check out the Rio Nevada air race. I dont think they have burner.

Zen

This is gonna be a film of the millennium contender.

He is actually in an F18, but in the rear seat with a pilot up front doing the flying.

Idxomer

This's getting great reactions, I might watch the original now.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
And just for shits & giggles…

and it’s apparently a two parter.

lsd

The Oracle
This's getting great reactions, I might watch the original now.

Wow that is a depressing thought for the year ahead.

If the best film of the year and Oscar winner as well is the over twenty years later sequel to a bland popcorn effort like Top Gun then Hollywood needs to be wiped out

Zen

Film of the year? I've heard it's a film of the millennium(so far) contender...