Top of the League!

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
If we can get something at Anfield I think I’ll start to believe. The city game last week really killed my confidence in us going all the way.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
We’ve improved massively to get to where we are now, I still think we can get a lot better but fair play to Ole and his staff. It’s the first time we’ve looked like Manchester United since Fergie retired.

OleBoiii

This is what happens when you close the 'Ole out' thread. Imagine what would happen if we banned the 'Ole out crowd'! :D

AshRK

What a huge win this is. We might not win the title but the character shown by the players today was magnificent. This is progress for me.
Well done Ole, credit where credit is due. He has been abused, trolled and here we are under him.

Judas

Open to offers
Winning like that is something we've not seen nearly enough the last few years. We're rightfully top of the league, now we need to stay at it and see what happens.

abailey123

Nice to be up there and shows we were right to stick by Ole.
Do I think we’ll win the league? No. City’s next 6 games before they play Liverpool:
Brighton, Palace, Villa, Burnley, Sheffield United and West Brom before they face anyone of note.

siw2007

It feels amazing, might be short lived, but this feels fab.

Think about where we came from. We were down in 15th after a loss to Arsenal, it was a long way back but we bit by bit climbed the table to reach the summit. Challenge is to stay here and make a title bid.

Chairman Steve

It’s nice to be in 1st at the halfway mark of a race, but there’s still a long way to go. I’m weary that a bad loss or a critical injury to a key player could wobble that confidence we now have.

RedIan

Amazing its been nearly 8 years since were last top at any stage of the season..
considering we had a dreadful start to the season its a bloody good run...... ole in.

SER19

Why is it so quiet in here? Isn't it usually rampant with ole out and pe teacher comments? Probably crying into their de Bruyne bed sheets

MoskvaRed

It did feel a bit like old times - away at some horrible small ground, bad luck but still chipping away to get the three points to go top.

Cavani will be vital IMO. If he stays fit and we rest him from cup games, we might have a fighting chance.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's been a long 7 1/2 years so we might as well enjoy the moment.
If it becomes more we'll be delighted. But just hitting top is superb for now.

Robertd0803

Fantastic position to be in considering the start of the season. Big win. Absolute manky game but grinding out wins like that and Wolves/Villa are the ones that win titles.

SeanyC

It’s been a long hard road to this...credit to Ole for getting this team where it is, all about staying there now...just need a few more players to be better. And to think we had Van Gaal and Jose and they couldn’t get us there. Great stuff lads

redshaw

People should note that this isn't the usual Jan and it's a little premature to draw comparisons of yesteryear being top at this stage.

We've played 17 games, usually the league is at 22 by now, that's a month worth so it's like being top before Christmas. Would be great to not fall away in 5-6 games time.

Amazing its been nearly 8 years since were last top at any stage of the season..
considering we had a dreadful start to the season its a bloody good run...... ole in.
We were top under LVG before Christmas, pretty sure we've been top under Jose before Christmas.

Last edited:

el3mel

Feels fantastic being up there. :drool:

Please please keep it up boys. I want to celebrate winning a league title again.

cyberman

Cant wait for the back handed compliments about how we are top of the league but cant win it from the media this week

Jonno

This is better than the “We’re 3rd” thread haha!

We’re top and we deserve it.

Maguire, Pogba, Bruno and Rashford key to our success this season.

rooney2009

Top of the League
Top of the League
We are Top of the League
Let’s enjoy for however long it last but long may it continue

Siorac

Were we not first under Jose at all?
Only for a brief period in September 2017. But City basically won every single game that season so they quickly went top and stayed there.

morbidsaint

Deansgate preaching scientology with Tom Cruise
With Ole as the manager. Suck on that, haters. I honestly think we have what it takes to win it. But if that is going to happen, Pogba needs to continue being fit and deliver performances like he has the last few games. If he can, and on top of that the brilliant Bailly avoids injuries, i really do believe we have a good chance of winning it.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff