Top of the League!

Red & White

Feels great! Let’s just keep going and see where it takes us. Just enjoying a run in without being concerned whether we’ll make ‘top 4’ would be brilliant. City will become stronger you’d think but who knows?! I think it’s fair to say the last 12 months in the league have been very good on paper.

Feels a lot better watching us these past few weeks, you can see the side growing and there’s still so much room for improvement, too.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Man, this tumescent period in time would be greatly improved by us winning 21 in '21!!!

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Top of the league and rightfully so. Credit to Ole and the players for the transformation. Hopefully we stay on top for the rest of the season. A win on sunday would be huge!

Inter Yer Nan

Good progress no doubt. We defiantly look more "solid" now, not giving up early soft goals and the team looks less disjointed. Early days, but we are in the right direction.

MikeeMike

And Scousers need a win just to catch us. Not bad at all!

Bring it on.
Yeah but if we win they could easily find themselves in 4th spot and then 6th if others win games in hand.
Could be an early Keeganesque meltdown.

Superunknown

I agree. We are totally outclassed. Also look at there next 5/6 matches. They have a very nice run.
They have a great run of games ahead of them. But, for us, it's just about winning the next game and thinking about it as one game at a time. It's hard not to get ahead of ourselves because...it's quite exciting.

Got to get through these games and just win them somehow. Even if it isn't pretty.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
People should note that this isn't the usual Jan and it's a little premature to draw comparisons of yesteryear being top at this stage.

We've played 17 games, usually the league is at 22 by now, that's a month worth so it's like being top before Christmas. Would be great to not fall away in 5-6 games time.

We were top under LVG before Christmas, pretty sure we've been top under Jose before Christmas.
We've never been top under Jose around Christmas. We were 2nd in his 2nd year, 11 points behind the leaders.

Phil

It's been a long ass time and it feels bloody good.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Break the bank. NOW. Offer 150 million for Haaland. Do that, the league is in the bag. This is the opportunity of the decade.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Great to be back on top but it's a false position I fear.
That said I hope we are still top next Sunday night!

el3mel

Is this a real stat? Wasn't LVG top at one point?
LVG was top of the league around October or November, after we beat Sunderland 3-0. We went on and lost immediately the next game 3-0 to Arsenal and dropped to 3rd.

Being top in Jan is a different story altogether.

Number TwentyFive

The big problem now is to be able to live with the anxiety until the Liverpool game. Not that I don't enjoy that United are top of the table.

redshaw

RUCK4444

It feels like an old pair of slippers, where we are meant to be :drool:

Thanks Ole, thanks for making us compete again.

Let’s get after them Scousers :devil:

redshaw

We've never been top under Jose around Christmas. We were 2nd in his 2nd year, 11 points behind the leaders.
keyword, for you is before Christmas, we were top under LVG before Christmas. Never said around and the post I quoted was saying at any stage which is false like like I stated, we've been top before Christmas under LVG and Jose under my memory and it is correct.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
It's a great feeling, we should do this more often I reckon.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Is anyone else way more worried about City than Liverpool? Im surprisingly not worried one bit about Liverpool. I don’t think they’ve got much this season.

Siorac

That's twice what his release clause is worth this summer. The premium is worth it.
It's never going to happen and it'd make zero financial sense. You might say that shouldn't be a part of the decision-making but it absolutely is, at every club bar PSG and City.

Okey

What I'm enjoying even more is so many people not giving us a chance of being there come May. Yes we have obvious deficiencies. Yes Citeh are looking like favourites at the moment. But we haven't got here by mistake. We're on a very good run and this is a very strange season. Anything can happen.

croadyman

Now... imagine us winning at Anfield!!!
I am going to keep it on the low and say would take a point then put the gap out to six points by beating Fulham on 20 Jan, however they do say records are there to be broken and OMG it would hit them unbelievably hard if their bitterest rivals did it to them make no mistake