Top of the League!

Chairman Steve

Sammsky is raging he's gone. He would have been a shoe in to create a snide, condescending, provocative, passive aggressive version of this thread.
I was wondering why I wasn’t seeing any sanctimonious ‘whoop whoop’ threads on here :lol:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Sammsky is raging he's gone. He would have been a shoe in to create a snide, condescending, provocative, passive aggressive version of this thread.
Has he actually been banned?

BorisManUtd

I'm not getting carried away as we're not even half way through the season but am still enjoying us being in this position after so many years. Even when we where second in 2017/18 we were always miles behind City.

Plymouth Red

I'm not sure how it's come about but hats off to the team, Ole and the coaches for achieving something that hasn't happened since 2012.
This should take some pressure off the team in terms of self-belief. If they keep winning, they will be champions, so it's in their hands.
It also means everyone else is playing catchup.
Don't know how long it will last but for now, I'm going to savour being alone on the perch. It's great to have the feeling back.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Yeah but if we win they could easily find themselves in 4th spot and then 6th if others win games in hand.
Could be an early Keeganesque meltdown.
Throw the kitchen sink at them.

If we lose, we are still there. If we win, they might not recover and we have serious momentum.

Devil81

We need to build a mentality that we belong in top now and a fighting spirit that keeps us there.

Buzzing obviously but a long long way to go yet.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

Tiber

fecking amazing to be top of the league.

But if I'm honest? I still think we are a couple of players short. God I wish we would spend some money in this window and make a big push. Look at the impact Bruno had

atkar83

But if I'm honest? I still think we are a couple of players short. God I wish we would spend some money in this window and make a big push. Look at the impact Bruno had
I'd imagine/hope a win over Liverpool and being 6 points up with half a season to go will possibly make Woodward & co. loosen up the purse strings a bit to see if they can get some help

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
It's never going to happen and it'd make zero financial sense. You might say that shouldn't be a part of the decision-making but it absolutely is, at every club bar PSG and City.
It makes too much sense to me. 150 million is not outside of what United can spend. For the league which we've been chasing for almost a decade now. The windfall would be invaluable.

Falcow

I think we are still top if you include the second half if last Christmas or at least the last 15 games? That's rather interesting.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I don't care now what happens this season. I don't care if the happiness over this jinxes us.

I walked out of work and saw the result and went fecking insane and I've not had that feeling in a long, long time with United. Football, bloody hell.

The game against City showed that above all they're probably still the team to beat in perfect conditions but a sesason of league games rarely gives you a perfect set of conditions so lets just keep going.

Robbie Boy

Did his incessant wumming finally catch up with him?

Somebody must know
I would imagine that was the case but I have no idea. @UnitedSofa said there was something about it in a Mod help thread but no reason disclosed.

He chose to play the pantomime villain but it all got very out of hand and he was lowering the tone in plenty of debates.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
A mate of mine, who happens to be a Leeds fan (yes I did rib him about Crawley, but he said Crawley thoroughly deserved the win), couldn't believe we were so close to top spot, as, he said, United are in the middle of a rebuild, and are two, three or four players away from having a top side again, so what we are achieving is remarkable after the poor start we had.
Long may it continue, but I will sleep well tonight, and look forward to the weekend matches.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
What happened to Sammsky?

edit: seen your other post above so ignore me.

Bruno is an anomaly. So few players signed in Jan have an impact.

I don’t think there will be any first team signings at OT this window. The noise generally has been very quiet, and I expect it to be the quietest window in a decade.

we actually have. Sry good players in each position, so buying a player who improves the first team will be very difficult.

would love it to happen, but don’t see any deals out there that are going to happen.

davidmichael

I was buzzing so much at the end of tonight’s game that I’ve promised my missus I’ll marry her at the end of the season if United win the league, if we get at least a point at Liverpool on Sunday then I’ll start to fully believe.

Robertd0803

I was buzzing so much at the end of tonight’s game that I’ve promised my missus I’ll marry her at the end of the season if United win the league, if we get at least a point at Liverpool on Sunday then I’ll start to fully believe.
I hope you invite all of us. Its the right thing to do. :)

I have the league table paused on my tv. Still a little surreal looking at us being where we should be for the first time in a very long time.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Ole out!
We're poorly coached!
What do Phelan & Carrick actually do?

Oh, wait...

I still don't expect us to win the league this year, and I'm ok with that... anyone who cant admit that this is the closest return to where we need to be so seriously short sighted.

Poch in!

tenpoless

We are Ole Solskjaer's army
They said 'a teacher of PE'
And they're gonna feel jelly
When Bruno scores a penalty
Cuz ManUnited is the greatest football team-y

Waynne

Throw the kitchen sink at them.

If we lose, we are still there. If we win, they might not recover and we have serious momentum.
I'd only advocate for this if we're 1-0 down in the 80th minute.

We still need to go into this match cool, composed and not with the mindset to throw everything at them from the get-go. Liverpool are still a dangerous team and you can easily play into their hands with such a mindset.

man united 4eva

We last topped the Premier League two years and two months ago in August 2018.. but it has been a much longer wait since we last topped the table after New Year's Day in a season... The first time since we last won the title in 2013.. :D :devil: