Top of the League!

Milo2035

Where the feck have City come from btw?? Bunch of cnuts. I thought they was having a shit season then all of a sudden they were top!
They're not shit. They scored much less goals but their defense is one of the best in the league. That's actually scary.

eire-red

It's hard to believe isn't it. If we had a pre season, and the transfer window we all thought we would have, then we'd surely be even further ahead too.

Personally, I thought our season was over before it even got started after the Arsenal loss, as in we'd be scrambling for Top 4 again. Incredible turnaround, and for the first time there isn't that feeling of inevitability that the wheels will fall off.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
So are they top now the on premier league scores site it says vs villa live. But I thought they won tonight?

The Oracle

7th and 8th feb could be huge. Liverpool-City and we play Everton away.
Although we didn't take our chances to end Liverpool's home winning run, I'd be happy for the record to still be going at the full-time whistle against City.

Robertd0803

Its even more incredible we are top considering Greenwood and Martial have forgotten how to score.

MrBest

Where the feck have City come from btw?? Bunch of cnuts. I thought they was having a shit season then all of a sudden they were top!
I recall a pundit (cannot remember who) suggesting Pep was grinding wins in the first half of the season and playing with less intensity to prepare his team for a onslaught in the second half of the season. This year, fans have been blessed with 2 games a week. For a player, it is a nightmare, much less recovery and training time. Pep is a master tactician, if this pundit was right, City are just getting started and could blast the league in the next 5 months. They already have 6 wins in a row with 4 or 5 clean sheets. Augero is still coming back from injury and Laporte is still out. I expect them to start hitting 5s and 6's soon.

pav1790

I recall a pundit (cannot remember who) suggesting Pep was grinding wins in the first half of the season and playing with less intensity to prepare his team for a onslaught in the second half of the season. This year, fans have been blessed with 2 games a week. For a player, it is a nightmare, much less recovery and training time. Pep is a master tactician, if this pundit was right, City are just getting started and could blast the league in the next 5 months. They already have 6 wins in a row with 4 or 5 clean sheets. Augero is still coming back from injury and Laporte is still out. I expect them to start hitting 5s and 6's soon.
That is a bit far fetched, isn't it? City struggled rightfully and are getting back to their rhythm. No 4-D underwater backgammon here.

RedDevilzFox

Not sure if anyone's noticed, City have only conceded 13 goals in 18 games. That's phenomenal. We've shipped off twice as many.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
It's hard to believe isn't it. If we had a pre season, and the transfer window we all thought we would have, then we'd surely be even further ahead too.
City had the same preseason issues. It's interesting that the two teams who are now top are the two teams who had the worst preseason and understandable poor start to the season. If it weren't for that you would have to think both of us would be quite a bit better off and have a gap to the rest.

eire-red

Not sure if anyone's noticed, City have only conceded 13 goals in 18 games. That's phenomenal. We've shipped off twice as many.
And 5 of those against Leicester too, when they we're way off the pace. I think City keep the ball so well, when the opposition get it they make rushed and bad decisions because they know they will only have a limited amount of opportunities to attack.

Ruben Dias has also been a very good signing too, and dropping Mendy has saved them a couple of goals for sure. I think we've also tightened up recently, you just have to do that when your attack is misfiring, like ours is.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
They were never far away. Baffling that anyone was writing them off. People just looked at league position without taking games in hand into account. It was the same with us.

Green_Red

7th and 8th feb could be huge. Liverpool-City and we play Everton away.
That's the day that Liverpools hopes of retaining the league will take a bullet and us and City will start to pull away into a proper title race.

Dante

Average bang
I love being able to go to whoscored.com -> Premier League -> then clicking on the top team without needing to read its name.

The way it should be.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Need to follow this up with a win v WHam next week. Antonio out helps a lot.

HucknallRed

Love it, can just picture Ronnie receiving another Premier League winner’s medal in the merry month of May.