1. Kante
2. Abraham
3. Willian

Arsenal

1. Aubameyang
2. Lacazette
3. Guendouzi

berbasloth4

an inform martial is more important than pogba as we have seen in the last few weeks. but with how bad we are I would suggest our 3 out of our 4 most important players are the 3 we just signed.

our defence just looks more solid and complete with AWB and Maguire and james is the only winger who is actually direct and plays as a winger.

man city dont have an order of importance to be fair. they won the league last year without KDB, they can replace any player with someone of similar ability.
Maybe have laporte high, they look dodgy at back without him.

Liverpool Mane is higher than salah and firmino and they depend on the fullbacks as we seen last week. So importance is prob vvd taa and mane

spurs kane and eriksen sure thing but they also crumble when alderweild and vertonghen arent together so would put one of them higher than son.

Chelsea probably fair Mason mount might have a case.

and arsenal need leno big time because still defensively they are shocking

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
In order of importance 1 to 3

Man Utd

1. De Gea
2. Pogba
3. Maguire

Man City

1. Aguero
2. De Bruyne
3. Sterling

Liverpool

1. Van Dijk
2. Salah
3. Firmino

Spurs

1. Kane
2. Son
3. Eriksen

Chelsea

1. Kante
2. Abraham
3. Willian

Arsenal

1. Aubameyang
2. Lacazette
3. Guendouzi
We’re the only ones on your list without a forward. That’s not even mentioning we’re not good enough to make the top 6.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I actually would say Jorginho is our most important player.

Kante has been out most of the season and we haven't missed him too badly, Kovacic and even Barkley have covered well in that RCM position. Caballero will do decent job if he has to cover Kepa and all other positions have 2 players of similar quality competing which means the backdrop isn't bad if we lose one player.

Jorginho however, I don't think we have a single other player who can replace what he brings (not even in a squad player standard capacity) and we will lose a lot of control and ability to build up and evade press if/when he's unavailable.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Man City

1. Aguero
2. De Bruyne
3. Sterling

Liverpool

1. Van Dijk
2. Salah
3. Firmino

Spurs

1. Kane
2. Son
3. Eriksen

Chelsea

1. Kante
2. Abraham
3. Willian

Arsenal

1. Aubameyang
2. Lacazette
3. Guendouzi

Leicester

1.Maddison
2.Vardy
3.Pereira

Eric7C

Man City

1. Aguero
2. De Bruyne
3. Sterling

Liverpool

1. Van Dijk
2. Salah
3. Firmino

Spurs

1. Kane
2. Son
3. Eriksen

Chelsea

1. Kante
2. Abraham
3. Willian

Arsenal

1. Aubameyang
2. Lacazette
3. Guendouzi

Leicester

1.Maddison
2.Vardy
3.Pereira
Well played.

SweetRightFoot

an inform martial is more important than pogba as we have seen in the last few weeks...
And we've seen that from what, their performance on the treatment table?

Odd post.

Chelsea should be more like

1. Kante
2. Jorginho
3. Kepa/Azpilicueta/Alonso

Charlie Foley

If the OP is about importance and not who is the best then surely Laporte has to be one of the 3 for City as without him they’ve no CB

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Man Utd

1. Maguire
2. De Gea
3. Pogba

Man City

1. De Bruyne
2. Aguero
3. Silva

Liverpool

1. Van Dijk
2. Salah
3. Mane

Spurs

1. Kane
2. Son
3. Eriksen

Chelsea

1. Kante
2. Abraham
3. Willian

Arsenal

No idea

Classical Mechanic

I actually would say Jorginho is our most important player.

Kante has been out most of the season and we haven't missed him too badly, Kovacic and even Barkley have covered well in that RCM position. Caballero will do decent job if he has to cover Kepa and all other positions have 2 players of similar quality competing which means the backdrop isn't bad if we lose one player.

Jorginho however, I don't think we have a single other player who can replace what he brings (not even in a squad player standard capacity) and we will lose a lot of control and ability to build up and evade press if/when he's unavailable.
I've watched a fair bit of Chelsea this year and agree. He needs to be played in the right system but he's a leader on the pitch, he always takes responsibility, shows for the ball and is skilled with it. He's the kind of player that United need.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Liverpool
Van Dijk
TAA/Robertson
Firmino

VVD is an obvious one but I place Liverpool's reliance on the FB's of way more importance than the front 3 of which I think Firmino is the most important part of

Man City
Fernandinho
Laporte
Ederson

Tough one as they obviously won a title without De Bruyne last season and have so many creative and goal scoring players that they don't really miss any of them when they're out

Chelsea
Kante
Rudiger
Jorginho

Another tough one but mainly as I haven't seen a lot of Chelsea this season

Arsenal
Aubameyang
Ozil
Guendouzi

Without Aubameyang they won't score goals but without Ozil they struggle to create. I like Guendouzi as well, their best CM by a mile

Spurs
Eriksen
Son
Kane

Spurs dip has coincided with Eriksen not giving a shit, wasn't sure about putting Kane in at all as at times they seemed better without him last season

Man Utd
Pogba
Rashford
Martial

Basically this season has shown we're fecked without the little creativity and firepower we have

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Not really. Anyone who thinks united are in thr top 6 best teams is totally deluded.
Thread title doesn't say top 6, it says big 6. Anyone who thinks united aren't one of the 6 biggest teams in the country is beyond deluded

fps

I think if anything we can see that it's the gelling of every player in the squad into a certain style and harmony that determines how well these teams do.

Then again, in any system you're right that some players will add value to their role more than others.

Then it becomes a case of asking who adds highest value against the replacements available.

Man Utd 1.Pogba - no-one else in Utd's midfield can do anything like what he can. 2.Maguire - without him defence would fall apart. 3.Martial - only centre forward of any serious goalscoring note. Honestly though, I'm not considering Man Utd a big anything right now.

The rest it's hard to argue with most of them.

Supports
England
Spurs
Eriksen
Son
Kane

Spurs dip has coincided with Eriksen not giving a shit, wasn't sure about putting Kane in at all as at times they seemed better without him last season
This is pretty outdated. Eriksen has been bloody awful for some time now, and he hasn't been great for Denmark either.

The Kane thing is just a complete myth. If you do the relevant statistical tests, not only is it not true that Spurs performed better without Kane, there's not even a good enough sample from each condition to draw statistically significant inferences anyway.

If you want to try to create inferences based on limited data, the run at the end of the season was their longest consecutive run without Kane. To wit, they played about 8 games, won 1(!) of them and scored a grand total of 3 goals(!!). I had thought that period would've put the meme of Spurs being better without Kane to bed but I think the collectively abysmal CL final made everyone forget again.

Anyway, taking a broader view of Spurs under Poch's entire reign, it's Kane #1 and not even close. He has scored almost as many goals in that time as every other current player in the team put together. At no point was it ever not Kane, unless you start looking at individual games -- there's some ambiguity around granularity inherent in the question.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Mane is better than Salah

Web of Bissaka

OP is mostly spot on. Here's some changes of mine.

Man Utd

1. Pogba
2. De Gea
3. Rashford

Man City
1. Aguero
2. Fernandinho
3. Laporte

Liverpool
1. Van Dijk
2. Mane
3. TAA

Spurs
1. Kane
2. Son
3. Lloris

Chelsea
1. Kante
2. Jorginho
3. Kepa

Arsenal
1. Lacazette
2. Aubameyang
3. Guendouzi

youmeletsfly

Maddison is Leicester's best player?

Why is everyone here overrating this guy dunno.

Halds

Supports
Liverpool FC
Most important players for Liverpool imo:

1. van Dijk
2. Firmino
3. Mané

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Mané is probably the best player in the league at the moment and Liverpool's most important player. They've been winning without Salah this season and the last. They've also been winning this season without managing to keep clean sheets.

De Bruyne didn't play too much last season. If he's their 2nd most important player it just goes to show how good they are as a team.

I'd put Pogba as the most important player at United by the virtue of us being unable to do anything going forward without him. De Gea is our best player but we've got a fine defense. In bigger games he's more important.

paulscholes18

Liverpool
Van Dijk
Salah
Fabiano

Man City
KDB
Laporte
B Silva

Leicester
Vardy
Maddison
Ndidi

Chelsea
Kante
Abraham
Jorginho

Arsenal
Aubameyang
Lacazette
Caballos

Palace
Zaha
Milivojevic
Van Aanholt

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Were cities best 3 there before pep? That’s a nice bonus

As in a aguerro, Sterling, de bruyne

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Man City
Fernandinho
Laporte
Ederson

Tough one as they obviously won a title without De Bruyne last season and have so many creative and goal scoring players that they don't really miss any of them when they're out
Fernandinho is replaceable and was actually replaced this summer. He probably lost his place in the City’s XI when all players are fit. He was a player on whom they were relying the most, but Pep also saw that and acted accordingly.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Arsenal
Aubameyang
Ozil
Guendouzi

Without Aubameyang they won't score goals but without Ozil they struggle to create. I like Guendouzi as well, their best CM by a mile
And Özil doesn’t even start for them. Lacazette is their best attacker and player (closely tied with Auba).

_00_deathscar

Supports
Liverpool
I don't think Salah, despite his goals (which I know is a weird thing to say) is in our top/most important 3 players. Mane is a better/more crucial player, and has been for this season and most of last too.

Firmino needs to be there, as without him the "front 3" don't quite work as well as they should.

VVD goes without saying, although Matip has been better than him for the calendar year I reckon, albeit injured now.

TAA/Robertson should count as one player because both are so crucial to our attack (and defence for that matter).

Alisson a contender too, and would def have been in the top 3 last season as our next option was so pathetic, but we've done well with Adrian.

Suedesi

Best Players:

Liverpool:
Mane
Salah
Virgil

City:
Sterling
KDB
Bernardo Silva

Chelsea:
Kante