Top three players for the 'big six'?

Suedesi

I don't think Salah, despite his goals (which I know is a weird thing to say) is in our top/most important 3 players. Mane is a better/more crucial player, and has been for this season and most of last too.

Firmino needs to be there, as without him the "front 3" don't quite work as well as they should.

VVD goes without saying, although Matip has been better than him for the calendar year I reckon, albeit injured now.

TAA/Robertson should count as one player because both are so crucial to our attack (and defence for that matter).

Alisson a contender too, and would def have been in the top 3 last season as our next option was so pathetic, but we've done well with Adrian.
Best is different from most valuable.

Best is clearly Salah, Mane, Virgil.

Most important is probably Mane and the two full backs as when either of the those three players is missing Liverpool's offense becomes rusty and predictable.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Leicester

1. Maddison
2. Vardy
3. Tielemans

Man City

1. Aguero
2. De Bruyne
3. Sterling

Liverpool

1. Van Dijk
2. Salah
3. Firmino

Spurs

1. Kane
2. Son
3. Eriksen

Chelsea

1. Kante
2. Abraham
3. Willian

Arsenal

1. Aubameyang
2. Lacazette
3. Guendouzi

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I'd say lists both for Liverpool and City have to include their keepers and standout defenders if we go by importance. Both teams were fine at scoring goals with many combinations of attackers. At least City can mix and match their OM and attack from Aguero/Jesus/Mahrez/Sterling/(Sané)/KdB/Silva/Silva, and as long as one of Aguero, Sterling, or KdB is present, their attack is fine. Both teams began dominating league and cups only when they sorted out their defenses, by adding Alisson and VvD / Ederson and Laporte.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Really difficult to pick a top 3 for us. Van dijk obviously, and Mane at present probably takes second. I want to pick Firmino third, but then my next thought becomes "but what about Alisson, or Salah or Fabinho?"

Haven't even touched on our fullbacks who are dead important. We have like 8 top performers who are all integral to the team and how we play. Suppose we need that many to compete against this city team.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
There's a difference between best and most important

Liverpool
BEST
1. Salah
2. Mane
3. VVD

MOST IMPORTANT
1. Any 2 of the front three
3. TAA

City
1. De Bruyne
2. Sterling
3. Aguero

1. Fernandinho
2. De Bruyne
3. Sterling

Chelsea
1. Kante
2. Jorginho
3. Willian

1. Jorginho
2. Kante
3. Mount

Arsenal
1. Aboomerang
2. Laca
3. Guendouzi

1. Aboomerang
2. Guendouzi
3. Laca

Spurs*(going by last season 'coz this season they've been such a dumpster fire it's basically impossible to tell, beyond Kane)
1. Kane
2. Eriksen
3. Son

1. Kane
2. Eriksen
3. Sissoko

United
1. Pogba
2. Maguire
3. De Gea

1. Pogba
2. Maguire
3. Rashford

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Fernandinho is replaceable and was actually replaced this summer. He probably lost his place in the City’s XI when all players are fit. He was a player on whom they were relying the most, but Pep also saw that and acted accordingly.
They are significantly worse defensively this season, and it's not about the CBs either. Teams just have a much easier time of breaking through their press and counterattack.

Removing Fernandinho from his DM role has been catastrophic so far

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Liverpool:
VVD
Firminho
Fabinho

Manchester City:
Sterling
Aguero
Ederson

Tottenham: