Total lack of respect for an absolute club legend (another Ole thread)

el3mel

Irrational and non-football educated fans, yes.

Stupid people see the tip of the iceberg, not the foundation. Any fan with half a brain would see the changes happening under the water. We're in far, far, far better shape than at any other point post-Fergie. We brought in tried and tested managers in the hugely successful Mourinho and Van Gaal, and it was an abortion. We brought in a United man, a man who bleeds the club, and now we are seeing signs of progress as Solskjaer has started to rebuild the broken mess of a foundation he walked into, for the future.

But by all means, slag the man off, and advocate bringing in another Mourinho, Van Gaal, etc. so we can all ride the fecking circus ride again; while they chase immediate success and completely forego the culture, climate, soul and DNA of the club, in an attempt to placate the entitled fans.
The guy put on a good criticism for Ole without insulting him as you were claiming in the OP but then your response was to go on insulting him and any other with similar view with things like irrational, non educated, stupid, half a brain, entitled fans, etc.

It's obviously really your own problem and not anyone else. Internet is definitely not for you if you can't handle the slightest criticism to a manager or hear a different opinion than yours.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics

Stupid people see the tip of the iceberg, not the foundation. Any fan with half a brain.....
There's more than enough stupidity to go round on both sides of the debate.

Foxbatt

Elmo is correct. Formations to different coaches are different. A diamond for some coaches is different to a diamond to another coach. Don't believe me. Look at what one of the top coaches Cruijff said about it.
People will find all sorts of excuses and you can find it if you look hard. The same way with LVG and Jose. End of the day what matters is what is the best for Manchester United. Not what is the best for Ole Gunnar or some of his fans here. What is good for Manchester United is to win trophies. If the Manager cannot deliver then he has to go. If Ole cannot deliver then he should be sacked. So far he has not shown he can be the man. With more players in the summer he may be able to compete. But what is the evidence?
He has got us playing better football than the time Jose was sacked. For sure it is a fakt.
Has he won a trophy? Not yet but we may still win the EL this year.
Can he get us into the CL? Hopefully yes
Has he shown that he is better than Moyes? If he does get into the CL, and wins the EL then yes for sure.
He has not shown he is better than LVG yet.
He has not shown he is better than Jose yet.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
If Ole wasn't a fan favourite from his playing days, the fans would have been asking him to be replaced by the end of last season
This is one 'myth' that really needs to die

Leethal

The guy put on a good criticism for Ole without insulting him as you were claiming in the OP but then your response was to go on insulting him and any other with similar view with things like irrational, non educated, stupid, half a brain, entitled fans, etc.

It's obviously really your own problem and not anyone else. Internet is definitely not for you if you can't handle the slightest criticism to a manager or hear a different opinion than yours.
Where did I insult the guy I quoted?

That wasn't directed at him. It was directed at the irrational fans that can't see past their nose in regards to our progress. If he falls in to that category, however, I make no apologies.

el3mel

Where did I insult the guy I quoted?

That wasn't directed at him. It was directed at the irrational fans that can't see past their nose in regards to our progress. If he falls in to that category, however, I make no apologies.
Yeah right. :lol:

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
To be honest its threads like these that make me think ole really isn't up for the job to take us to the next level. I'm all for sentiment but this nonsense about "helping us". Give me a break. The job of being United manager is one of the most in demand jobs in the world. It's the highest of the highest league. It's also not like he's doing it for free.

Everything should be merit based. A man united manager will get jugded like a man united manager. If the job is too much for you to handle, you can quit.

Member 113277

If you really think Ole has done a good job despite being on track for our worst season ever in terms of points and goals scored, there's little need to continue on the discussion.
I honestly wonder if fans like you really understand real football? Ole took over a joke of a squad, the best player wanted out, half couldn't be arsed to put a full performance in and there was a sh!tload of deadwood contributing very little and taking heavy wages. He's on the way to sorting that - but there's still some way to go.

And he's done it without us being relegated unlike Tommy Docherty, who faced a similar situation.

To expect consistently good performances until the circumstances is deranged.

Ole needs two more seasons for any kind of sensible judgment about his achievements - then, if he isn't up to it as a coach, he'll be remembered as the guy who took on some of the role of a director of football and devliered well against that.

Leethal

Yeah right. :lol:
Maybe reading comprehension isn't your strong point, nor is your grasp of the usage of nouns.

My post was in direct relation to this:

If Ole wasn't a fan favourite from his playing days, the fans would have been asking him to be replaced by the end of last season.
I stated that the people asking him to be replaced, are stupid and irrational.

You really should get a better grasp on the English language before throwing stones.

Gasolin

The graph shows me we have fast players. I expect Liverpool’s stats to show the same thing.

I don’t get the collapse and rotation part either. It’s not a positive that we are burning out our players. They don’t look fit either, on the eye test we look lethargic like last year.
It’s the ball so it’s not running. We move the ball fast. The positive is that we are fitter and it’s working, the only addition we need are more qualify players to play the football we want. In that sense, it’s the same for all elite teams.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I honestly wonder if fans like you really understand real football? Ole took over a joke of a squad, the best player wanted out, half couldn't be arsed to put a full performance in and there was a sh!tload of deadwood contributing very little and taking heavy wages. He's on the way to sorting that - but there's a way to go.

And he's done it without us being relegated unlike Tommy Docherty, who faced a similar situation.

To expect good performances until the circumstances is deranged.

Ole needs two more seasons for any kind of sensible judgment about his achievements.
Ole took over a top 7 PL team. He didn't took over a joke of a squad, I'm all for being patient and see what Ole will do next season but we don't have to talk absolute nonsense to justify that sentiment.

Leethal

Ole took over a top 7 PL team. He didn't took over a joke of a squad, I'm all for being patient and see what Ole will do next season but we don't have to talk absolute nonsense to justify that sentiment.
The whole club was a fecking mess from top to bottom when he took over; hence the sacking of 3 managers in rapid succession.

Gasolin

That team had motivational issues though and that’s clearly something he fixed. We do try to come back in games if it didn’t start well, and with a system that is now for drilled. The next step will be to bring more quality players to win consistently and recreate a confident mentality. I think he’s building something sustainable.

Member 113277

Sorry to disagree, but it was a joke of a squad - the prime example being Alexis Sanchez on a third of a million quid a week - for what? Then Pogba, who had fallen out with the manager, Herrera who wanted away, Fellaini, Darmian, Rojo, Lukaku who was out of form and sorry for himself - do I need to go on? The morale was terrible and the self belief/commitment poor - that squad couldn't score against lower level teams that City would wallop 5 past.

Member 113277

That team had motivational issues though and that’s clearly something he fixed. We do try to come back in games if it didn’t start well, and with a system that is now for drilled. The next step will be to bring more quality players to win consistently and recreate a confident mentality. I think he’s building something sustainable.
Totally agree, well articulated post.

JPRouve

Scout
The whole club was a fecking mess from top to bottom when he took over; hence the sacking of 3 managers in rapid succession.
Because the previous managers created the mess not because the squad was a joke. Otherwise you are basically saying that LVG and Mourinho were miracle workers and did a fantastic job since they both finished in the top 4 or close to it. But we all know that they weren't, they underperformed and got sacked. And look I'm with you here, I'm for keeping Ole but don't use silly arguments, it doesn't help your point and it's even worse when you are being condecending to people that disagree with you.

Which is a fair distance from stating that the squad was a joke and I'm for keeping him, so you don't have to sell me on that idea.

edcunited1878

Formations are dead, a 443 from two different teams can have different interpretation on the pitch depending on how the manager has coached them and how the players implement it on the field. A good manager would have found a way to implement his system to best suit his players and improve it as his team gets healthier/better.

If you really think Ole has done a good job despite being on track for our worst season ever in terms of points and goals scored, there's little need to continue on the discussion.

If Ole wasn't a fan favourite from his playing days, the fans would have been asking him to be replaced by the end of last season. His 2019 results in the league was basically relegation standard and anyone who thinks our squad is at that level needs their eyes and head checked.
If formations are dead, then everyone should just roll out the ball and tell them to play like they trained...without structure? Without shape, as in a formation?

You're completely deluded about the current United squad. This is one of the youngest PL squads ever assembled and played in the club's history. Nobody going into this year had ever scored 20 goals across all club competitions in a season. There was significant player turnover as in leading scorer, highest paid player, most used CB in the past 5 five years, etc.

United cannot keep isolating year on end. That is short sighted and breeds zero continuity which cannot carryover for whoever the current and next manager is.

United have to start by getting in young players, but talented and mentally fit for this club and know how their strengths will contribute to the squad as the squad they are part of tries to achieve the standards that have been clearly made years before them. That is winning the PL. Winning takes time and has to be properly built because winning one year isn't the required standard. It's winning it multiple times across multiple years or at least seriously competing for it. United did finish 2nd but never kicked on and couldn't grind out results like they did because they didnt have continuity of style or formation to be sustainable across years. It had to improve across the board from manager, players, and output in terms of goals and full results. Didnt happen because they weren't good enough to improve and in fact regressed significantly.

Ole and staff aren't even finished with their first full season ffs! And the current season was haulted for 100 days! You gotta put the results and points totals aside because developing the talent, the team, the mentality and learning how to win takes certain stumbling blocks and patience. United didn't signed 7 world class players for 7 positions for 700 million pounds....they never did and never have. They did it with time and development, but most importantly they did it with proper support and earned their way to the top. That's the mountain we're trying to climb. It's not a bump in the road, it's a mountain and our current manager knows that and it taking the right approach. Whether or not he sees us through to the top, we shall see, but he's gotten a lot right so far, but still ways to go to the top.

el3mel

Maybe reading comprehension isn't your strong point, nor is your grasp of the usage of nouns.

My post was in direct relation to this:

I stated that the people asking him to be replaced, are stupid and irrational.

You really should get a better grasp on the English language before throwing stones.
Yeah things like stupid, half a brain, entitled fans aren't insults to anyone who share that opinion, but of course, since I replied, I was expecting to get my share of it, not a problem for me. You're just someone who joins forums to only hear your opinion voiced by others, then get surprised and whine about how it's not the case. Not the first time I have seen this imo.

I was only pointing to the fun fact how you're so annoyed that a manager is getting "insulted", and when someone puts on a constructive criticism without disrespecting or insulting him, you go on the "entitled fans" route. Just the point of questioning Ole's managerial abilities is enough to be "entitled" and "stupid enough to not see the foundations but just the tip of iceberg". It really shows your problem and nothing else. You're not annoyed that Ole is getting "disrespected". He's not, he's just criticized normally and even much less than LVG and Mourinho. You're annoyed that he's getting criticized by several here and you were expecting to enter the forum to find all the threads heaping praise over Ole and saying the same opinion as yours, and you didn't find this, hence the thread.

Revan

Assumptionman
I honestly wonder if fans like you really understand real football? Ole took over a joke of a squad, the best player wanted out, half couldn't be arsed to put a full performance in and there was a sh!tload of deadwood contributing very little and taking heavy wages. He's on the way to sorting that - but there's still some way to go.

Ole needs two more seasons for any kind of sensible judgment about his achievements - then, if he isn't up to it as a coach, he'll be remembered as the guy who took on some of the role of a director of football and devliered well against that.
Right. A total joke of a squad. The same group of players (+Fred and Dalot) who finished comfortably second 6 months before Ole was hired (with 81 points). Who got more points on the number of matches Ole was hired than on the next season with Ole. A total joke of a squad.

We should build Ole a shrine for not relegating us to League Two this season. Ole the miracle worker, Ole the savior.

Leethal

Because the previous managers created the mess not because the squad was a joke. Otherwise you are basically saying that LVG and Mourinho were miracle workers and did a fantastic job since they both finished in the top 4 or close to it. But we all know that they weren't, they underperformed and got sacked. And look I'm with you here, I'm for keeping Ole but don't use silly arguments, it doesn't help your point and it's even worse when you are being condecending to people that disagree with you.

Which is a fair distance from stating that the squad was a joke and I'm for keeping him, so you don't have to sell me on that idea.

The squad doesn't necessarily mean the player's ability to play football. The squad was a disjointed mess, with a mish-mash of players from 3 previous managers, utilising 3 different philosophies.

Flexdegea

If Ole wasn't a fan favourite from his playing days, the fans would have been asking him to be replaced by the end of last season. His 2019 results in the league was basically relegation standard and anyone who thinks our squad is at that level needs their eyes and head checked.

Can only answer for myself on this one, i wouldn't have been calling for his head. I know how big the job was on pitch but mostly behind the scenes.

I sense if he was clean out of depth the board would have acted fast so safe to say when the results tailed of end of last season he was doing a lot of good work behind the scenes setting plans in place for the rebuild.

I felt end of season there was defo more united fans I knew personally, from mates to our supporters club they where looking his head and wanted him gone, some where still at it up to before lockdown but have went quiet since then.

I Love to remind them of their silence :lol:

mu4c_20le

Most people do. Why you're still continuing the discussion with them over multiple threads is beyond me.

Right. A total joke of a squad. The same group of players (+Fred and Dalot) who finished comfortably second 6 months before Ole was hired (with 81 points). Who got more points on the number of matches Ole was hired than on the next season with Ole. A total joke of a squad.

We should build Ole a shrine for not relegating us to League Two this season. Ole the miracle worker, Ole the savior.
Jose finished 6th in his first full season, with a fully backed transfer window (+Zlatan and Pogba), before he finished 2nd. By your logic we should absolutely stick with Ole for another year :)

JPRouve

Scout
The squad doesn't necessarily mean the player's ability to play football. The squad was a disjointed mess, with a mish-mash of players from 3 previous managers, utilising 3 different philosophies.
It still wasn't a joke, the mess that you are talking about was still a team that easily qualified for the CL. You are confusing the team not matching our goals which is to be the best in the world and being a joke.

My take is that Ole didn't inherit a bad team, he inherited a team that wasn't going to be better than competing for top 4, he inherited a team that was demoralized by the previous manager and the simple absence of Mourinho saw us improve our form drastically. The reason I want to see more of Ole is because while he has made mistakes, I think that he has also improved, I think that the current plan that we are following with a younger and more attacking team has more chances to see us win big trophies, I don't think that he is going to hurt the team and if at some point we realize that he reached his limits I believe that the next manager will have a young and talented team in his hands.

Member 113277

If you remember, Jose said it was the greatest achievement of his career to finish second with that squad and with what was happening behind the scenes.

Gary Neville agreed

https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/07/gary...t-manchester-united-finishing-second-9438674/

By the way, you can't go from EPL to League 2 in one season, that is three divisions lower.

Ole has done okay - he needs to do more to establish himself as a top coach, but he's achieved some key outcomes so far.

Revan

Assumptionman
If you remember, Jose said it was the greatest achievement of his career to finish second with that squad and with what was happening behind the scenes.

Gary Neville agreed

https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/07/gary...t-manchester-united-finishing-second-9438674/

By the way, you can't go from EPL to League 2 in one season, that is three divisions lower.

Ole has done okay - he needs to do more to establish himself as a top coach, but he's achieved some key outcomes so far.
Jose bragging about himself, so unexpected.

Neville agreed one year later, when Ole was on charge. He always protects Ole as he did with Moyes.

Being relegated to League Two was satire to the poster who said that it was a joke of a squad and praised Ole for not relegating us.

Member 113277

My take is that Ole didn't inherit a bad team, he inherited a team that wasn't going to be better than competing for top 4, he inherited a team that was demoralized by the previous manager
While this may be true, the whole squad was in disarray (unbalanced and with too many average players), the club was trying to sign Galacticos and failing.

2nd sounds great, 81 points sounds great, but in 2017-18, we scored 68 for and conceded 28 against with DDG having a god like season - this season, we have scored 64 and conceded 36 with DDG making a lot of mistakes - that is in 3rd place (currently) - in the season we finished 2nd, City scored 106 - yes, 106 with 27 against - the difference between 1st and 2nd was humungous and we trailed by 19 points. We lost 7 and City lost 2. City scored 38 more than us and conceded one less. 2nd is an accurate data point, but we were miles behind them as a team.

This year Liverpool have scored 82 and conceded 32, whilst City in second have scored 97 and conceded 35 - the difference is that City have lost 9 and Liverpool 3 - City are currently trailing Liverpool by 18 points, but have scored 15 more and conceded three more. Liverpool made sure they won enough games to beat City easily. Liverpool have scored 18 more and conceded four less than us - in some ways it is not that dissimilar to 2017-18 if you compare Liverpool and us, but the difference is that City were the team who were miles better then and we were the highest achieving of a poor bunch and let's give Mourinho credit for drilling the team to achieve that, even though it was mind boggling dull football for a lot of the time. He did what he could with the squad he had.

Now Liverpool and City are in a different league and you can perm positions 3-6 anyway you like, all of the teams in these positions have strengths and weaknesses and can compete strongly with each other.

I'd much rather be where we are now, than where we were to get 2nd in 2017-18.

Last edited by a moderator:

Member 113277

Jose bragging about himself, so unexpected.

Neville agreed one year later, when Ole was on charge. He always protects Ole as he did with Moyes.

Being relegated to League Two was satire to the poster who said that it was a joke of a squad and praised Ole for not relegating us.
Satire is cleverer than that.

Gasolin

Indeed, I agree that having motivational issues is a bit different than completely lacking quality. We have some quality, we do have a gap now between the starting 11 and the subs. But I thought our confidence level was really really low those recent years. I hope Ole fixes that. I still remember Rashford explaining they have not felt that sensation of keep winning until now when we had our first unbeaten streak.

It is on Ole to recruit the right players to improve the team. Then I think our system will work. We are already doing changes in the recruitment, we are also unifying the play style across all ages to facilitate team insertion when using a youngster. Those are all positive structural changes. The only question for me is: can we fight for the title next season or do we have to wait one more? That’s on Ole.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
My take is that Ole didn't inherit a bad team, he inherited a team that wasn't going to be better than competing for top 4, he inherited a team that was demoralized by the previous manager and the simple absence of Mourinho saw us improve our form drastically. The reason I want to see more of Ole is because while he has made mistakes, I think that he has also improved, I think that the current plan that we are following with a younger and more attacking team has more chances to see us win big trophies, I don't think that he is going to hurt the team and if at some point we realize that he reached his limits I believe that the next manager will have a young and talented team in his hands.
Yes, spot on. It was a good team but had few holes and balance issues, biggest was lack of RW, RB, then we had issues like CB who was good defender but not good with the ball or a CB who is poor defender and decent with ball.

Also credit to Ole for taking bold decision by trusting Martial and Rashford to lead the attack and not signing one more attacker (by plan or luck). It almost backfired when Rashford and Martial missed few months. Somehow everything fell into place with both Rashford and Martial stepping up to take responsibility and also Greenwood stepping up to first team so easily which was possible as position was created for him by selling Lukaku and Sanchez.

I like how the squad is built now. Few more signings and we will be in very good position. I have no idea whether Ole will be the manager to win us the league title but he is doing very good job in shaping this squad with young talented players.

Last edited:

Denis79

Stupid people see the tip of the iceberg, not the foundation. Any fan with half a brain would see the changes happening under the water. We're in far, far, far better shape than at any other point post-Fergie. We brought in tried and tested managers in the hugely successful Mourinho and Van Gaal, and it was an abortion. We brought in a United man, a man who bleeds the club, and now we are seeing signs of progress as Solskjaer has started to rebuild the broken mess of a foundation he walked into, for the future.

But by all means, slag the man off, and advocate bringing in another Mourinho, Van Gaal, etc. so we can all ride the fecking circus ride again; while they chase immediate success and completely forego the culture, climate, soul and DNA of the club, in an attempt to placate the entitled fans.
A lot of name calling there. You're just as bad as the people who go over the top on the other side of the argument. Stop the name calling and present your opinion in a civilized and intelligent manner.

Foxbatt

If people think it was a joke of a squad it shows their own stupidity and lack of footballing knowledge. That squad was 2nd the previous year.
What made our team so bad was the toxicity of Jose. Ole came and made it a happier place to work and things got better because the players played better because the atmosphere improved.
Was it a team that can win the league? No. Was it a team that should have qualified for CL easily? Yes.
This is where I have problems with him. His tactics and his team selections and his game management and his set pieces.
One of the most important thing he should have learnt from SAF are these things.
SAF always selected his team depending on the opposition. We never played the same way every game.
When Arsenal needed to be kicked off the pitch, he brought in Phil Neville into midfield. When Pirlo needed to be shackled he put Park on him.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I'm sick of it.

More or less every thread I open, people are openly having pops at Solskjaer. It's incessant. And frankly, embarrassing.

This man has given more-or-less his entire fecking life to this club. Never ONCE has he put Ole first. It's always been the club.

He came to the club as a player, spent the majority of his time on the bench, (despite having outstanding performances week-in, week-out), and he could easily have moved on to another club, like Tottenham, where he was a nailed on starter with a larger earning capacity. Instead, he stuck around and gave his all - knowing full well he was always going to be a substitute. He loved the club.

He came into the job as manager with the club at the lowest state it's been in in some 25+ years. He never knew he was going to be permanent manger; he came in to "help"- which is what Ole does and always has done for this club. When he arrived, from top to bottom, the club fecking stunk. The players didn't want to be here, gave half arse performances, the football was terrible to watch, the club was in total disarray with it's player acquisitions, and we were in free-fall. Despite all of this, Ole came in, steadied the ship, completely reversed the culture within the club, bought "United" players, promoted youth, and restructured the club to how it was in our most successful era.

It's a rebuilding process. Get the culture right within, and the football will follow. Only a complete idiot can say that we haven't progressed this season. The level of entitlement on this forum is ridiculous. He's been here a season and a half, and in that time we have progressed massively.We have people on this forum calling him an "idiot", and wanting us to bring in their new manager of the month flavour. Jose and Van Gaal were two of the most successful and decorated managers prior to joining us - how did they fare? We've seen tangible progress with Solskjaer - which is more than I can say for his predecessors - and look at the state of the club when he received it relative to Jose, LVG and Moyes. But let's just change the manager and roll the dice on an unproven Manchester United manager yet again?

We're moving in the right direction. Give the man a fecking break.
Embarrassing.
What a rediculous thing to say.
Loyal Manchester United supporters are perfectly entitled to air their views on a Manchester United forum.
It is not embarrassing just because people don't necessarily agree with your love of Ole.
When you take one of the top jobs in football, you have to deliver.
Points wise, we are nowhere.
Even Jose, for all his criticism got us to 2nd place with 81 points in his second season.

Member 113277

If people think it was a joke of a squad it shows their own stupidity and lack of footballing knowledge. That squad was 2nd the previous year.
Strong words. You might wish to reflect that finishing 2nd the season before was somewhat irrelevant to the state of the squad in December 2019 - a week's a long time in politics and 6 months is a long time in a football club.

The state the squad was in was a joke - possibly circus would be a better descriptor, whether you accept that or not, headed up by a man earning a million quid every three weeks for doing very little, with the most expensive player in our club's history de-motivated and dropped, a defence that was pretty dysfunctional featuring two converted wingers at full back, because Darmian and Rojo weren't up to the job and Shaw was in and out, young players lacking confidence (one testing the waters with Madrid), Lukaku failing to deliver the right amount of goals, shored up by DDG who had been playing like a superman. There were some parallels for me with the team Tommy Docherty took over, though not to the same extremes.

Yes, there was a dead cat bounce after Mourinho left, but the structural and other problems were there - remember this squad was a frankenstein like creation from the efforts of four managers and it is still not a great squad, being shallow - hopefully some youngsters coming through and a couple of decent signings will fix that.

Mourinho drove everything out of the squad to get a poor second place in a poor league, at the price of a proper re-build - had he got his way, we'd have even more 30 somethings reaching the end of their usfeul playing days and would have spent a ton of money doing it.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders

Great post. Best way to put things into perspective for Ole out fans.

We tried going down the good Manager route right before him and I’d rather give Ole 2.5 years then Mou. At least the football being played is progressive and the players being signed suit our identity for once.

Obviously every manager deserves criticism where it’s due and Ole has definite room for improvement but he just can not be factually judged until the end of next season at least! He’s already done much better than what I expected this season specially the way it started.

Member 113277

Great post. Best way to put things into perspective for Ole out fans.

We tried going down the good Manager route right before him and I’d rather give Ole 2.5 years then Mou. At least the football being played is progressive and the players being signed suit our identity for once.

Obviously every manager deserves criticism where it’s due and Ole has definite room for improvement but he just can not be factually judged until the end of next season at least! He’s already done much better than what I expected this season specially the way it started.
Yes, if Ole doesn't deliver in a fair time, he will be replaced. Even if he is, though, he's done a good job architecturally with the squad and will leave it in a far better place than he took it over.

RUCK4444

I'd much rather be where we are now, than where we were to get 2nd in 2017-18.
Absolutely. It didn’t feel like an achievement at the time under Mourinho and we still felt like it was the wrong style of football and that it wouldn’t last under Mou. Which became reality.

It feels progressive under Ole, like we are headed in a clearly better direction. With the right recruitment and bringing through youth as well.

There’s no doubt in my mind, regardless of that 2nd place finish, that we are in the best place we’ve been since SAF right now. We need to build on that, not tear it up and go in a totally different direction under a new manager. It hurts my head how some don’t see this.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Yes, if Ole doesn't deliver in a fair time, he will be replaced. Even if he is, though, he's done a good job architecturally with the squad and will leave it in a far better place than he took it over.
Agreed. The squad won’t need a reboot like like it has when the last two managers left. Our core should stay the same for the next decade.