Tottenham Hotspur 2021-22

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Getting out of europa conference was a good strategic call in the end.

432JuanMata

If Spurs manage to strengthen that backline this summer, they can compete in all comps under Conte.
This is the problem for Conte at Spurs. He is a short term manager that will get the best out a team and that was seen by finishing 4th. Yet to challenge City/Liverpool he would need a 200m plus budget which he won’t get.

I don’t see the point in him being there as he won’t challenge for the title without serious backing which he won’t get and he already finished top 4 so what can he achieve that be greater

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
If Spurs manage to strengthen that backline this summer, they can compete in all comps under Conte.
The midfield needs far more work than the backline. Romero has something about him, think in a couple of years he could be one of those CB's the European giants are looking at. Dier this campaign has done well in the middle marshalling the backline and Davies has had a good season from what I have seen. The wing backs I think on the left are serviceable, not sure Royal or Doherty are the required standard.

Spurs midfield is thin and painfully average, outside Bentancur you have Hojbjerg, serviceable, workhorse, but there are better DM's out there. Some academy kid who did well at Norwich on loan, and Winks who is not of required quality. So really one starter in Bentancur, one squad player who can do a job in Hojbjerg, and an academy kid who is one for the future. Ndombele and Lo Celso were constantly unfit or injured, probably wise to cut them at a loss and just move on and rebuild.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
This is the problem for Conte at Spurs. He is a short term manager that will get the best out a team and that was seen by finishing 4th. Yet to challenge City/Liverpool he would need a 200m plus budget which he won’t get.

I don’t see the point in him being there as he won’t challenge for the title without serious backing which he won’t get and he already finished top 4 so what can he achieve that be greater
Not convinced this is entirely true. At Juve he went in whipped them into shape after they had been poor for years and pretty much set them up for the next 10 years. At Inter he also went in and left them in much better shape than they had been before.

Chelsea is really the only place where this was applicable but I think it depends if you think he wasn't asking for Brella and Vidal and got Bakayoko and Drinkwater instead. I know what I believe.

For me, I think he is actually a reasonable squad builder. The problem is that he is just so hardcore with his demands. Essentially he needs to be given full control of transfers or he'll throw a hissy fit.

432JuanMata

Not convinced this is entirely true. At Juve he went in whipped them into shape after they had been poor for years and pretty much set them up for the next 10 years. At Inter he also went in and left them in much better shape than they had been before.

Chelsea is really the only place where this was applicable but I think it depends if you think he wasn't asking for Brella and Vidal and got Bakayoko and Drinkwater instead. I know what I believe.

For me, I think he is actually a reasonable squad builder. The problem is that he is just so hardcore with his demands. Essentially he needs to be given full control of transfers or he'll throw a hissy fit.
The reason I mentioned short term was due to Chelsea, Inter and mainly Spurs.He is a manager that comes in and takes teams to titles and then moves on yet I don’t understand the Spurs move.

He did great by getting 4th but what else can he do. He won’t get the backing to challenge City and Liverpool as that will cost loads so where can he take Spurs

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
The reason I mentioned short term was due to Chelsea, Inter and mainly Spurs.He is a manager that comes in and takes teams to titles and then moves on yet I don’t understand the Spurs move.

He did great by getting 4th but what else can he do. He won’t get the backing to challenge City and Liverpool as that will cost loads so where can he take Spurs
He wins a League Cup for Spurs and does a back to back CL qualifications and he is probably their best manager since the 1980s.

Tbh, I agree Spurs are a stepping stone for him but he knows the Sporting Director there, he apprantly likes London and Spurs are so success starved any trinket raises him to God level. That isn't an awful position to be in.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
He wins a League Cup for Spurs and does a back to back CL qualifications and he is probably their best manager since the 1980s.

Tbh, I agree Spurs are a stepping stone for him but he knows the Sporting Director there, he apprantly likes London and Spurs are so success starved any trinket raises him to God level. That isn't an awful position to be in.
If he wins them something, even an FA Cup, he will be a Spurs hero, statue incoming out front of the stadium.

We will see if he is sufficiently backed in the xfer window, that will tell the story moving forwards. If he is not, I suspect he will move on and Spurs will look to bring in someone like Potter.