Tottenham Hotspur 2021-22

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
sign Depay on loan for a season because he can't be registered by Barca?

Remember the geese

Do any Spurs fans have any views on Kion Etete? He's on loan at my local side, Northampton town. Just scored twice on debut away to Coventry in the EFL Cup.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
This whole Kane thing has made me realise something - where are all the strikers?

If he goes we're going to have 100 odd million to find a replacement(of sorts), you'd think that shouldn't be too difficult but all summer the only names I've seen come up are:

Danny Ings - gone to Villa
Lautaro Martinez - sounds like he's staying at Inter
Dusan Vlahovic - looks decent but only really proven over one season
Alexander Isak - as above
Dominic Calvert-Lewin - again, only really had one good year and even then that tailed off in the 2nd half of the season

I remember when we had Berbatov, Keane, Defoe and Bent all at the same time, strikers were everywhere 10-15 years ago. For the past 7 seasons we've pretty much just had Harry so we haven't really had to worry, looking around now though and it's like a ghost town on the striker front.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Palhinha will be a good deal, if true. He's a very aggressive midfielder and has tons of stamina to sell. And he's actaully quality on possession, but I can see him get at least a couple of red cards every season.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I’ve just realised I’ve no reason to dislike Spurs this season, for the first time in ages. With Pocchetino they were a bit of a threat for the CL slots. Then Mourinho made them repellent, because Mourinho. Plus we’re getting the standard Spurs downturn break from Glastonspaz.

All of which means I’m not even a tiny bit conflicted about rooting for them this afternoon. Which, to be honest, has usually been the way with Spurs. They’re just not a historically dislikable team. Long may this last.

slored1

Looked really really good today. If Kane stays and they add a midfielder they could be a threat to anyone.

Guy Incognito

They set up well and picked their moments right to hurt City. That's the template to beat them, sit back, soak the pressure and counter.

Still think they'll finish outside the top four and behind Leicester. It's one thing playing City (who they have an excellent record against), another against the sides they are expected to dominate against.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I’ve just realised I’ve no reason to dislike Spurs this season, for the first time in ages. With Pocchetino they were a bit of a threat for the CL slots. Then Mourinho made them repellent, because Mourinho. Plus we’re getting the standard Spurs downturn break from Glastonspaz.

All of which means I’m not even a tiny bit conflicted about rooting for them this afternoon. Which, to be honest, has usually been the way with Spurs. They’re just not a historically dislikable team. Long may this last.
Glad to have you back on board mate

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Lucas was very good, his work rate and skill made their counters work.

largelyworried

Hard to know what to make of that victory given their identikit victories of the last two seasons. They didn’t end up meaning much and maybe this won’t either. But I guess a victory over the Champions is pretty much the perfect start to the season, maybe it’ll give them the boost they need for a decent season?

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Kane should stay. He can win over the fans again, but that’s a quality stadium and anything, I mean anything, he does in a Spurs shirt will feel so much better than empty league titles in a soulless City side.

He should stay and be a legend at a club where he will always be remembered.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
The race for 4th is usually very forgiving. Get around 66 points and your likely to make it. They could have a chance at it if they spend the Kane money well. However I expect they will have a lot of frustrating draws under Nuno and miss out.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Wierdly they always beat Man. City at home.....and still finish 6th or 7th so while it's a very good result in isolation dosen't mean they're set for world domination.

That said they'll be tricky to play if they get the first goal in the game with what they put out today and will obviously add another 2-3 signings regardless of Kane situation.

Nuno was also a better pick than likes of Gattuso and Fonseca they were on verge of appointing so actually not come out of the summer in that bad shape.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Spurs are a better team without Kane in it. They seem to play better and more fluid football without him.

Someone

Something
Beating City without Kane is exactly that sort of thing they needed to inject some positivity into their season. If they spend the Kane money wisely then it might not end up being a disastrous season after all.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
How are they planning to spend their Kane money?

Apart from a new striker I think they can really use another midfielder with some creativity..

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
I think I would be all in for Ruben Neves is I were them.. Makes sense as well with Nuno as their head coach...

justsomebloke

I was quite impressed by Oliver Skipp! What's up with Ndombele though? Surely he is too good to let go to waste?

tomaldinho1

Spurs are a better team without Kane in it. They seem to play better and more fluid football without him.
I actually agree.

I feel like they have a good mould for essentially playing counter attack football against any proactive teams and should have enough quality to break down defensive ones. Kane scores a lot of goals but £150m is huge money and they don’t win anything with him anyway. That’s literally a Kounde + JWP + Martinez (essentially any three elite but not quite WC class players who would really elevate them overall).

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
This whole Kane thing has made me realise something - where are all the strikers?

If he goes we're going to have 100 odd million to find a replacement(of sorts), you'd think that shouldn't be too difficult but all summer the only names I've seen come up are:

Danny Ings - gone to Villa
Lautaro Martinez - sounds like he's staying at Inter
Dusan Vlahovic - looks decent but only really proven over one season
Alexander Isak - as above
Dominic Calvert-Lewin - again, only really had one good year and even then that tailed off in the 2nd half of the season

I remember when we had Berbatov, Keane, Defoe and Bent all at the same time, strikers were everywhere 10-15 years ago. For the past 7 seasons we've pretty much just had Harry so we haven't really had to worry, looking around now though and it's like a ghost town on the striker front.