Tottenham Hotspur 2021-22

Irwin99

I wonder how are Spurs going to invest that money if Kane and N'dombele leave? It's pointless giving Nino the job and not the funds to compete.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
I wonder how are Spurs going to invest that money if Kane and N'dombele leave? It's pointless giving Nino the job and not the funds to compete.
Ndombele is pretty much unsellable, would only be a loan I would have thought. Who knows what's happening with Kane. If he goes then I'm sure we'll reinvest the money, whether we do it wisely though is another matter.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Paratici is probably scouring the Italian market as we speak.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Loving Gill so far - he reminds me of Modric in the way he plays. Looks a huge talent at 20.

padr81

Supports
Man City
On course to win the league with a 100% record whilst banging in a massive 38 goals.

frostbite

Nuno Espirito Santo is only the second Tottenham manager to win his first three league games in charge of the club!

The only other manager to accomplish this was Arthur Rowe in 1949. But that was in Second Division. Nuno is the only Spurs manager to win his first three games in the top flight!

(By the way, Arthur Rowe in 1951 and Bill Nicholson in 1961 are the two managers that won the top league for Spurs. )

Last edited:
Reactions: Cheimoon

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
So far soo good, Nuno whilst pragmatic can certainly set up the team to attack, have to wait and see what happens tomorrow.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Absolutely zero chance they can sell Ndombele this summer
It's not just Ndomebele they need to move on, Aurier wants out as well. I thought they would move on one of either Sanchez or Dier and bring in a new CB, only a matter of time before one of these two has a clown incident leading to a goal.

Winks also needs to move, stalled and at 25 needs to be playing week in week out. Will only ever be a squad option for a team wanting top four, he should be looking at Palace, Watford etc if he wants to stay in London and be playing every week.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
It's not just Ndomebele they need to move on, Aurier wants out as well. I thought they would move on one of either Sanchez or Dier and bring in a new CB, only a matter of time before one of these two has a clown incident leading to a goal.

Winks also needs to move, stalled and at 25 needs to be playing week in week out. Will only ever be a squad option for a team wanting top four, he should be looking at Palace, Watford etc if he wants to stay in London and be playing every week.
We have Romero, but yeah I want Ndombele out ASAP even if we have to pay part of his wages.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
It's really frustrating with Ndombele because as a footballer he's actually someone we could really do with, at least as an option in games like yesterday where the opposition is content to sit in. If he stays then hopefully we can reintegrate him back into the squad, he doesn't seem like a problem behind the scenes but as a manager he's just not someone you can trust week in week out. I don't think we'd have 9 points from 9 if he'd started every game ahead of Skipp for example but yesterday we might've seen a more comfortable score line had he played.

Aurier wants to go and we want to sell but seems his options are limited, he's still miles better than Doherty though. Winks as said needs to go for his own sake. I'd look at loaning Sessegnon out as well if a PL club wants him and can commit to playing him at LB.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
They just did very well getting in Nuno at the end didn't they? Incredible to think he was about 24 hours away from ending up Palace boss.

I know plenty on here aren't fans of his style of play but think his calmness has been very important to settle everyone down at Spurs. He handled the Kane situation very well when asked in press conferences and I presume behind closed doors. Imagine Gattuso in that situation, would've probably banned Kane from the training ground for the next 6 months. :lol: Everything being stable around the place is what they needed after the last 18 months under Mourinho.

Still don't think they'll finish in the top 4 but they'll have a much better season than I thought they would back in May when it looked like they were directionless and losing their best player.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
Not impressed after my five minute Youtube scouting mission.

Our recent record of right backs isn't the greatest either. We went from Walker to Trippier to Aurier to Doherty ffs :lol:

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Not impressed after my five minute Youtube scouting mission.

Our recent record of right backs isn't the greatest either. We went from Walker to Trippier to Aurier to Doherty ffs :lol:
I don't know much of him much, hes physical and safe from what I can see. He still young so a bonus. If it means we can get rid of both Aurier and Doherty I am happy.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
Aurier and his agent basically jibbed us out of a transfer fee.

We had offers, he declined them all and left us with either paying him for the remainder of his contract(one year) to do nothing or do a deal(I'm guessing pay half his wages owed) to end the contract now. No doubt he will soon sign for a club(maybe even one of those he "turned down") and instead of Spurs getting a transfer fee, that money saved will come in the form of a juicy signing on bonus(for him and his agent) or increased wages. Not a very palatable way for this to end but guess it's best to cut ties rather than let it drag on and cost us even more just to spite him.

It's a shame because up until this point you couldn't fault his commitment to the club, I mean the guy played a few days after his brother had been shot dead ffs. I never particularly rated him but I also don't think he was as bad as some made out, his main problem though is that he's always liable to do something dumb to cost his team.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Aurier and his agent basically jibbed us out of a transfer fee.

We had offers, he declined them all and left us with either paying him for the remainder of his contract(one year) to do nothing or do a deal(I'm guessing pay half his wages owed) to end the contract now. No doubt he will soon sign for a club(maybe even one of those he "turned down") and instead of Spurs getting a transfer fee, that money saved will come in the form of a juicy signing on bonus(for him and his agent) or increased wages. Not a very palatable way for this to end but guess it's best to cut ties rather than let it drag on and cost us even more just to spite him.

It's a shame because up until this point you couldn't fault his commitment to the club, I mean the guy played a few days after his brother had been shot dead ffs. I never particularly rated him but I also don't think he was as bad as some made out, his main problem though is that he's always liable to do something dumb to cost his team.
Yeah I dint love him or hate him, his main problem was he he made a mistake it was usually a howler.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
If you are spending 30m on a right back , I would expect a bigger name . To be honest,I don't know anything about this guy. How's this guy ? Any regular watchers

TheRedHearted

Nino to win this Sunday.

I was gonna predict him at Tottenham to be a success and I wish i wrote that after my Ronaldo to United post was correct.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Spurs midfield is relegation level, the attack is top four, the defence average. So they should end up about 8th.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Spurs midfield is relegation level, the attack is top four, the defence average. So they should end up about 8th.
But that's Arteta's preferred spot! Now that's a proper rivalry right there. :)

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs

Call me crazy but this guy would look like one of the best midfielders in the world if you stuck him in a City/Chelsea/PSG/Bayern. He's one of those strange players who won't cut it in a lower level team but could in a top one. Nice of him to come out of hibernation to play though.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Watching Kane this season is like a player handing in his notice, properly going through the motions now. Only another 8 months to go Harry.....

His numbers will still probably be decent but his heart isn't it anymore, that's clear from last few weeks.

Perhaps Man. United will be option next summer as there's probably room with Cavani and Martial probably leaving and Ronaldo being 37.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Watching Kane this season is like a player handing in his notice, properly going through the motions now. Only another 8 months to go Harry.....

His numbers will still probably be decent but his heart isn't it anymore, that's clear from last few weeks.
While I agree, it’s also how he looked at the Euros. I think he’s lost some of the limited athleticism he had, and won’t be the same player again.

mu4c_20le

Sacking Mourinho before that cup final looks even stupider now. Levy has no plan, he's just winging it

They were all over Chelsea in that first half but didn't make it count. They needed those points.

Kane is 4 games in now with no goals and no assists. Levy should have taken the money...

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
I think Spurs will be fine, simply because of how bad Arsenal are at the moment. They are no where near a top 4 team but definitely competitive in that next tier of, Hammers, Everton, Leicester, Arsenal, Spurs. Top four was locked in before the season even commenced, it is just in what order those cards fall into place for the top 4.

But NES needs to sort things out pretty quickly, 3 goals in 5 games with third most shots on goal conceded. Wolves battered them and they were lucky to get a win, Palace battered them, they scraped a win vs City, 1st half they were definitely in the game vs Chelsea, second half it was not a contest. They get battered at Arsenal and the Spurs fans will turn on him and Levy, there is already some sentiment of that nature out in the general fanbase to begin with.