Manchester United wins - 78
    Tottenham wins - 37
    Draws - 42

Pre-Match Pressers

Louis Van Gaal

Mauricio Pochettino

Team News

Manchester United

Luke Shaw, Wayne Rooney, Bastian Schweinsteiger and Will Keane ruled out. Phil Jones and Ashley Young doubtful. Daley Blind facing late fitness test.

Tottenham

Nabil Bentaleb ruled out. Jan Vertonghen doubtful.

Know the opposition

Tottenham Hotspur Football Club - nicknamed Spurs and The Lillywhites - are a professional football club based in Tottenham, London; and were founded in 1882 as Hotspur Football Club by grammar-school boys from the Bible class at All Hallows Church. Spurs played in the Southern League until 1908 - when they were elected into the Football League Second Division, and hold the unique distinction of being the only non-league club to win the FA Cup (1901) since the formation of The Football League League. Spurs play their homes games at White Hart Lane, and share a historic rivalries with neighbors, Arsenal - termed the North London Derby.

Referee

Mike Dean.​

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
    THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
    Spurs won't turn up. We'll win this.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
    Didn't realise this was our next fixture. Away as well. We're garbage away from home. They might just give us a tonking.

We haven't played a proper 4-3-3 in ages, but I hope we return to it for this game. Spurs' pressure and pressing will destroy our midfield pair, no matter who we play there. I'd put an extra man in the centre of midfield at the expense of a #10, as we've not really had great success with anyone we've played there this season.

De Gea
    Valencia Smalling TFM Darmian
    Blind
    Herrera Schneiderlin
    Lingard ---------------- Martial
    Rashford
    Park it and hit on the counter. Give Schneiderlin the job of marking the smallest and least threatening man on the pitch at set pieces. Danny Rose or something. I'm a big fan of him and believe his best is still to come, but he always, always loses his man on corners.

bubbles_

A draw or a win for us. Van Gaal has this good record against the better sides, it's Villa at home the week after that worries me...

Beaten Poch twice and I don't know how we didn't win that 0-0 at WHL last season. Let's cobble some form together ffs

Last edited:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
    Already beaten 'em once this year, I reckon we can do 'em again. We're very good against the big teams, 1-0 United.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
    Didn't realise this was our next fixture. Away as well. We're garbage away from home. They might just give us a tonking.

We haven't played a proper 4-3-3 in ages, but I hope we return to it for this game. Spurs' pressure and pressing will destroy our midfield pair, no matter who we play there. I'd put an extra man in the centre of midfield at the expense of a #10, as we've not really had great success with anyone we've played there this season.

De Gea
    Valencia Smalling TFM Darmian
    Blind
    Herrera Schneiderlin
    Lingard ---------------- Martial
    Rashford
    Park it and hit on the counter. Give Schneiderlin the job of marking the smallest and least threatening man on the pitch at set pieces. Danny Rose or something. I'm a big fan of him and believe his best is still to come, but he always, always loses his man on corners.
    Swap Blind with TFM and that would be my pick.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
    Swap Blind with TFM and that would be my pick.
    Yeah I was unsure about those two. I went with Blind in midfield because his passing is among the best in the squad, whilst still being in a position to do the defensive work. TFM looks comfortable wherever he plays, but I've not seen enough of him to know how good his distribution is. Physically he's a brute and incredibly mobile, so he'd deal with runs in behind capably. I'd quite like to see him partner Smalling, and finally see Blind in midfield again.

I very much doubt we will see this team anyway, and we definitely won't see this formation, so it doesn't matter really. I expect Fellaini to start, and Rojo will probably play too and end up being a waste of a sub because he cannot finish a full 90 minutes.

prath92

I guess this is the team we will see. The same back 4 as last time (or maybe tony v for Darmian). Herrera will come in for Schneiderlin (will be asked to mark alli) and CAM will be lingard (will be asked to mark out dembele). Mata and martial out wide and Rashford up top.

Cassidy

I guess this is the team we will see. The same back 4 as last time (or maybe tony v for Darmian). Herrera will come in for Schneiderlin (will be asked to mark alli) and CAM will be lingard (will be asked to mark out dembele). Mata and martial out wide and Rashford up top.
    I think Carrick may drop out instead of Schneiderlin... or maybe that is just me hoping.

Cassidy

Yeah I was unsure about those two. I went with Blind in midfield because his passing is among the best in the squad, whilst still being in a position to do the defensive work. TFM looks comfortable wherever he plays, but I've not seen enough of him to know how good his distribution is. Physically he's a brute and incredibly mobile, so he'd deal with runs in behind capably. I'd quite like to see him partner Smalling, and finally see Blind in midfield again.

I very much doubt we will see this team anyway, and we definitely won't see this formation, so it doesn't matter really. I expect Fellaini to start, and Rojo will probably play too and end up being a waste of a sub because he cannot finish a full 90 minutes.
    I'm actually very disappointed we have not deployed the 433 much this season, especially since 1 its was supposed to be his preferred formation and 2 our squad seems to fit it.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
    I'm actually very disappointed we have not deployed the 433 much this season, especially since 1 its was supposed to be his preferred formation and 2 our squad seems to fit it.
    I agree. 4-2-3-1 is only really an option if your team is built around a dependable #10. In theory it should be Mata but he's never cemented the position and keeps getting put wide right. I'd rather we have a 3 man midfield with capable midfielders than persevering with a #10.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
    Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
    I reckon we could have another bore of a 1-0 to us.
    Would you rather lose 5-4? Good grief, I'd rather be playing in the CL next season and an exciting 5-4 loss won't see that happening.

Love it if we won 1-0, would be an excellent result for us.

My score prediction was 2-2, btw, a moment of weakness.

Why can't we change our score prediction @Niall

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
    We'll win 1-0 after scoring with our solitary shot on target in the 50th minute and spending the last 30 mins doing nothing but defend then people will start talking about how LVG should stay.

Gerald G

We'll beat them 1-2.

De Gea
    Valencia--Smalling--Blind--Darmian
    Carrick--Schneiderlin
    Lingard--Mata--Martial
    Rashford

Devil may care

I think Spurs will win, they are fighting for the title and are a good side with the best defensive record in the league. We don't create much in general and are very poor away from home most of the time.

Raw

They've scored the most and conceded the least goals in the league. And yet they're 7 points behind 1st!

Can't see us winning this really, though we do have a decent record against the big teams. Gonna go with a shit 1-1.

Attila

Supports
    Trad Bricks
    Beat Spurs and win our game in hand and the gap is 3 points

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
    Scout
    We need to smash that lot.

United22

We are gonna win this, most likely from a scrappy 1-0. For some reason we haven't done half bad in the games against the big teams this season (ignoring that tonking by Arsenal which we got them back for); nowadays I fear playing the likes of West Brom's and Bournemouth's as opposed to the bigger teams.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
    Spurs are a more stable team than the last two teams we face in the league. This will be a better test and if we win this game, we might actually be progressing in the right direction.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
    Would you rather lose 5-4? Good grief, I'd rather be playing in the CL next season and an exciting 5-4 loss won't see that happening.

Love it if we won 1-0, would be an excellent result for us.

My score prediction was 2-2, btw, a moment of weakness.

Why can't we change our score prediction @Niall
    No. Just a prediction of the game.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
    They've scored the most and conceded the least goals in the league. And yet they're 7 points behind 1st!
    I like to use logic in my predictions.
    Based on what you have said and that fact that our away form is dire, Spurs 2:1 MUFC.

Aki_United

We can make Leicester win the league if we win this. Would be nice

cyberman

Spurs have been playing a pretty high line in recent times. This Spurs side is set up for an LVG team to exploit.
    We hate playing sides who sit deepI so m really confident about this one. Win it and we have top 4 imo. It is that important.

JinnerJamie

Small ginger
    Lets hope that Arsenal and Leicester both win before Spurs play us, hopefully it will lead to them cracking under the pressure and let us sneak the win.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 383 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Tottenham win
  • Draw