Status

Closed

Discussion Live Updates 78 Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
    So it starts.
    What starts? We aren’t allowed to question decisions? You know how bad Lukaku is with the ball. I still love Ole and this result won’t matter in the long term on whether he gets the job or not but fans are allowed an opinion over what they think will make the team successful. Right or wrong. Completely different situation from the cnut we had in charge before.

Walters_19_MuFc

With Spurs using a diamond now, it means theres so much space in the wide areas.

I watched Chelsea vs Spurs the other day, and on numerous occasions, Chelsea stretched Spurs and got into good crossing positions, but for some reason (probably because they had quite a small front three), they failed to put the ball in the box.

If we're able to work the ball across the pitch as quick as possible, then we'll be able to isolate the full backs, where I imagine Martial (left wing) and Young (right back) will be.

We've not got the tallest, nor the greatest players in the air, but if we can flood the box with the front four, then we could get on the end of a few.

Pogba is a massive threat (literally) at arriving late into the box. At 6'4, if we can get some good crosses in, then he will give anyone problems as we've all seen in previous games.

Width is key to being successful today. Use the width and we'll hurt Spurs, in my opinion.

KennyBurner

If lukaku starts today I will gladly begin my #oleout campaign.

You don’t know just mess with our winning strategy like that.

zenith

Let's see how things work out even if lukaku starts before we decide to lose our collective shit.

AJ10

Chances are slim but would love to see United put in a dominating performance and win.

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
    For me, while this would have been an important game in any other season, the atypical nature of this season means that the stakes are somewhat muddled. On one hand, this is Ole's first real test against one of the top six clubs, but on the other, in my eyes, our final standing in the league, and our performances in the remaining cups we are in hold more weight than this single game. Granted, if by the end of the season, our season's second-half form against the top six reads P 5, W 0, this game would be seen as the turning point in Ole's season.

In short, this game is important. But, win or lose, it will not be the factor which determines whether Ole stays, or not. IMHO, of course.

Red_Legion

Getting butterflies in my stomach. I know this match is nothing in the grand scheme but can't help feel like there is more riding on it now because of how our season has gone.

Signs point to Martial - not Lukaku - starting

MEN have been in their usual pre-match overdrive, saying one minute that Lukaku will be on the bench then changing their mind to say he'll be starting. They've changed their mind again saying that Lukaku will be on the bench.

This constant flip-flopping revolves around a twitter account which tweeted lineups while Mourinho was in charge to good effect but has been in silence for the past month or so. Two hours ago, this account claimed that Lukaku would be starting with Martial on the bench, and as per usual, the MEN have run with it. 30 minutes ago, the twitter account changed their mind, saying that it is Martial playing and not Lukaku.

We will find out for sure in just over an hour, but a front three of Martial-Rashford-Lingard makes sense.

Ban

What starts? We aren’t allowed to question decisions? You know how bad Lukaku is with the ball. I still love Ole and this result won’t matter in the long term on whether he gets the job or not but fans are allowed an opinion over what they think will make the team successful. Right or wrong. Completely different situation from the cnut we had in charge before.
    I guess if he starts Lukaku he'll have an idea why, maybe even a better idea than you, who knows.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
    Martial wold be one of the first names on the teamsheet for me but if it's Lukaku instead i'll give Solskjaer the benefit of the doubt for now based on what he has seen.

The bigger concern is the defence. I just don't see it being good enough to avoid a (possibly heavy) defeat.

Irish Jet

Supports
    Anyone but Rashford
    I'll be honest I worry about Rashford against Spurs' CB's if he's our no 9. Lukaku can be bullied as well but in theory atast lehe'd give us more of a physical presence so if he were to play and Rashford goes to the left then there really isn't a place for Martial as well
    That's been the theory for 18 months. Never really works out.

Lukaku should never play against the big sides. He's a liability.

Walters_19_MuFc

I dont think Rom will start, but as I said earlier, Spurs, due to their narrow system, will allow crosses to come in, and Lukaku is our best attacker in the air.

Deleted member 101472

Our wide players need to stay wide. Cutting inside plays right to tottenhams strengths, they are a very narrow side. They’ll struggle to cope with any kind of overlapping play.

Devil may care

Lukaku starting would be disappointing, it not only pushes Martial to the bench but it pushes Rashford out wide and automatically hurts the movement and fluidity of our attack. Hopefully the second line-up is true, Lukaku off the bench is ok but starting him should be in the past.

Minimalist

Know this will sound weird but I genuinely hope this is game that both teams go for it even if it means we lose.

Sick of the pragmatic shite we had with the previous management. I’ll forgive a United team losing if they go about it the right way.

Fcuk the dull draw scenario.

KennyBurner

We are scoring at least 2 goals, the only problem is we won’t keep a clean sheet which is scary.

el3mel

Lukaku played 4 games against Spurs with us and the best he did was an assist but sure he'll be useful today right ?

I'm sure it'll Martial, Rash and Lingard as usual.

carlosp

My lineup

----------Dea Gea----------
    Young-Jones-Lindelof-Shaw
    -----Hererra----Matic-------
    -----------Pogba-----------
    Lingard--------------Martial
    ----------Rashford---------

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match