Kick-off
Fri, 19 June 2020 @ 8:15pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Withnail

Winning requires scoring twice. I can easily see this match finishing 1-0 with few more chances.

Players are very rusty. It's evident that Kane and Rashford haven't played for a while. Looks like a friendly. Pogba needs to come on just to take some of the focus off Bruno. Spurs are having an easy time defending sitting deep when they only have to worry about 2-3 players.

I agree Pogba will come on, along with James going off. I was factoring that into things when saying we can still win it.

Nickosaur

Think we've been good, but not much cutting edge. De Gea and Maguire will get deserved stick for the goal but Rashford should really have put away his chance earlier in the half.

Still confident though. 2-1 united.

M Bison

Supports
    York City
    Bang on from Keane; less bothered about Shaw's part in it but Maguire and DDG, absolutely terrible for that goal.

Stevondo8

Bruno decent, everyone else piss poor. No intensity (perhaps understandable considering) but huge lack of care and quality in any forward pass

dove

Did Keane say anything about Ole? As he surely deserves a punching too.

Superunknown

Come on. This is night and day compared to before the break.

It may not be the crowd but they weren't given enough time to get properly fit.

The matches have all been poor so far
    I agree that they probably weren't given enough time to get fit. Can't argue with that.
    But, whilst Fernandes coming in did improve us (a lot), we have played tons of games this season where we haven't played too dissimilar to how we're playing now. Average with the ball, not incisive enough, silly mistakes, goalkeeping errors, weak in specific areas of the field (left back). It's not like this is a shocking difference to how we were playing in most of our games before, mostly pre-Fernandes.

El Zoido

Yeah, I'm not sure this is about the crowd. We didn't play too differently beforehand to how we're playing now. This is just us.
    It’s not just our game, it’s all of them. It’s so weird. I watched the Saints game before this and it felt like nothing mattered. Football needs crowds.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
    Keane's an embarrassment at times. Can't believe people lap up his shit.
    Why? He's angry at the our play, for good reason. He may be a bit loose with his words, but he's not wrong in what he's stated (other than the punching lark)

Santoryo

ripping the reward
    The defense let us down the most. Conceding stupid goals like this shake teams hence why we even collapse in midfield while we had control earlier. That defending from Maguire(shouldn't even call it defending) was beyond bad.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
    Sure but Martial is the opposite. All the talent and no work rate. It goes hand in hand.
    But Martial with his talent will still score goals. James with his work rate and without real talent is useless in most of games. To be clear here; there are situations and games where he is useful but it is only when we are leading and other team goes all out in attack.

PoTMS

Can't see us scoring 2 now. The best we can hope for is a draw.

Judas

Open to offers
    To be fair how many points are people going to allow De Gea to cost us? I don’t have anywhere near the faith in him as I used to, and I know I’m not alone in that. He’ll make amazing saves, but a howler is never too far away. He still looks a mess at corners too which is a bit tragic.

OldTrevil

We were the better side for majority of the half. Pogba and Mason to come in for quality on the ball as mou will park a double decker. They capitalized on a mistake and we're not getting anything from the ref, tough to come back but doable with the right moves

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
    Keane hates DDG the same way Souness can’t stand Pogba :lol:
    Souness is irrational. Keane is entirely rational. United have one of the best keepers at the league, but for some reason he’s at Sheffield United. United shit the bed and are now having to pay a hasbeen £300k a week to tank their league position again.

Kostov

Fred and James the worst of the lot by far for me. DDG and Maguire shocking on the goal. Goal was undeserved but since then they've had us on strings. If we want any chance we need to move the ball about 5x faster, no clue what happened to the fast playing out of the back from pre-quarantine. We're so off the pace.
    We can’t play LASK every week mate

Second-half kick-off

Santoryo

ripping the reward
    Why? He's angry at the our play, for good reason. He may be a bit loose with his words, but he's not wrong in what he's stated (other than the punching lark)
    Nah, he has to calm the feck down. Everyone is angry especially at the dense and DeGea for their blunder, no need to sound like a wild bully on tv spewing vitriol at people though.

Betson

Perfect chance for Pogba now(if he gets on soon), this is why we paid the big bucks. For a player who can turn situations like this around.

jesperjaap

All the talk of certain players we are are linked with not getting in our starting eleven and how we will challenge just adding Sancho for example, this first half emphasises a stark reminder of where we are actually at and its way short individually and as a team:
    DeGea - He has turned into Barthez over the last 18months, a very good keeper making fantastic saves .....and letting in soft ones time and time again
    MaGuire - Is a good defender, he isnt a great one by any means though, shocking how easily he got turned here
    Lindelof - Just isnt good enough, positionally unaware and awful at tricking runners, weak in the air, he really is so average
    Bissaka - I love him, but he does need to improve going forward
    Fred and Mctominay - Been getting lots of plaudits and both have been the same again, Fred is decent and McTominay is great at breaking up play....and poor in distribution
    Daniel James - Sorry, he really isnt good enough, has no vision or ability to play the final pass whatsoever, he is Theo Walcott mark 2
    Martial - just doesnt do enough consistently

I wasnt confident of a top four finish before today and am still not. All these regular occurences leave me to say and not as an over reaction.....

Time to cash in on DeGea and use Romero/Henderson?

We need a centre back partner better for Maguire that covers his weaknesses as well, like Ferdinand did for Vidic. I like Bailly and Tuanzabe far more as options but it appears both struggling to stay fit. I still think we need to sign another centre back and sell most of the ones we currently have

Central midfield - Even the pundits saying we have several great options now there, do we? Matic bar the last couple of months looked like his legs had gone, Pogba has flattered to decieve his whole career desite his ability, Perreira and Lingard are pants amd McTominay and Fred are jsut decent.

Right wing - Obviously needs looking at James would barely start for any other premiership league club, why is he for the biggest?

Striker - Greenwood is of course a big hope

-Supreme-

To be fair how many points are people going to allow De Gea to cost us? I don’t have anywhere near the faith in him as I used to, and I know I’m not alone in that. He’ll make amazing saves, but a howler is never too far away. He still looks a mess at corners too which is a bit tragic.
    Yep but no doubt there will be plenty will say that he's been great and only off form for a few months

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
    NOT the game for James. So obvious Spurs would sit back. James is never going to succeed.

HE is a role player that needs space and counters.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Bruno Fernandes image Bruno Fernandes 55% of 301 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 336 ratings.

Score Predictions