Kick-off
Fri, 19 June 2020 @ 8:15pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

diarm

I wonder will Kane have his customary slow August again now after the layoff?

cyberman

Imagine playing Kane after he hasnt played a match in 6 months
    I know this is new for everyone but its madness.

Zoo

—————-De Gea—————
    AWB—Bailly-Maguire-Shaw
    ———-Matic—Fred—————
    ——-———Bruno——————
    James—-Martial—-Rashford

Kind of picks itself I think. Greenwood at some point in the second half for Rashford and Pogba will also definitely get on.

Brightonian

Bad managers beat Ole and good ones lose to him.

So I guess the question is... are we playing Jose Mourinho, or the Jose Mourinho who only exists in the head of Jose Mourinho?

Brightonian

—————-De Gea—————
    AWB—Bailly-Maguire-Shaw
    ———-Matic—Fred—————
    ——-———Bruno——————
    James—-Martial—-Rashford

Kind of picks itself I think. Greenwood at some point in the second half for Rashford and Pogba will also definitely get on.
    Leaves Pogba out. 'Picks itself.' Whether you actually choose to include him or not, I don't think you can claim the side without him in it picks itself.

Zoo

Leaves Pogba out. 'Picks itself.' Whether you actually choose to include him or not, I don't think you can claim the side without him in it picks itself.
    Well it’s being reported that Pogba won’t start because he needs to be managed carefully and I think it does as the team was on an 11 match unbeaten run. Unless Ole has a special plan for Spurs I think that’s how he’ll go.

Brightonian

Well it’s being reported that Pogba won’t start because he needs to be managed carefully and I think it does as the team was on an 11 match unbeaten run. Unless Ole has a special plan for Spurs I think that’s how he’ll go.
    Very possible. Still dunno that I'd say it 'picks itself'. Also, who's reporting this? Unless Ole said it himself it's pure guesswork. The one thing that certainly won't be getting to any journalists (I use the word extremely loosely) is what our starting line-up will be.

Zoo

Very possible. Still dunno that I'd say it 'picks itself'. Also, who's reporting this? Unless Ole said it himself it's pure guesswork. The one thing that certainly won't be getting to any journalists (I use the word extremely loosely) is what our starting line-up will be.

Fair enough, the news is that Pogba won’t start tomorrow. I’m pretty confident we’ll get 3 points.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
    We've had 3 months without football, surely Pogba is just as ready to play as anyone? Same goes for Rashford

Drainy

Sneaky feeling for Fred and McTominay in midfield with Rashford, Bruno and Andreas ahead of them. Pogba and James coming on in the second half as Spurs tire.

Match day meltdown is guaranteed no matter the actual team because there is no chance it will be out best attacking 11 on paper starting.

Red Royal

This has got to be a game where Dan James can start run himself into the ground for 45 minutes and cause mayhem. Then for 2nd have use the appropriate subs. Could be interesting

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
    Probably we will play with 5 at the back tomorrow.

Our usual tactics against the best sides.

We will try to attack what seems to be a "weak" defence but I am not sure if this will properly work.

As the break was really long we cannot really know what will be the fitness of the team.

5-3-1-2

De Gea

Wan Bissaka
    Lindelof
    Maguire
    Shaw
    Williams

Matic
    Fred
    Bruno

Martial
    Rashford

Santoryo

ripping the reward
    Past form or anything doesn't matter after 3 month of not playing. The break is even longer than regular season end break, so the argument about keeping a winning team from 3 months ago doesn't make much sense. Let's see how we line up tomorrow, my money is still on Pogba starting.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
    Sneaky feeling for Fred and McTominay in midfield with Rashford, Bruno and Andreas ahead of them. Pogba and James coming on in the second half as Spurs tire.

Match day meltdown is guaranteed no matter the actual team because there is no chance it will be out best attacking 11 on paper starting.
    :nono:

It'd be mortifying if he starts over Greenwood or James.

He shouldn't even be on the bench... even if we are allowed 9 subs!

Santoryo

ripping the reward

Why would Ole willingly play Perreira when he's got options?

adamwest

You have to be wary of any team that has a Son & and a Kane. This game would be a completely different story pre-Covid with those two out. It'll be a tricky affair and I wouldn't want to call it either way, but if I had to i'd say Spurs will nick it.

jlecesne

Jose is going to try to choke this game and he'll first and foremost want to protect against our pace.

Think Spurs will play deep and we will be playing a team who play on the counter.

bit of a dilemma but I think in a game like this quality will count and it could well be a 1 nil. With that in mind and with scores to be settled I think I would play

----------------------DDG---------------------
    AWB----- Bailly---Maguire---Shaw
    -------------Fred-----Matic-------------
    ---------Bruno---------Pogba---------
    ----------Martial----Rashford-------

think the strikers can drag CBs wide and open up acres of space for Pogba/Bruno who could really take advantage

think it provides a wee bit of security too - think Tony, Pogba and Rashford will be up for leaving Jose with a bloody nose
    Great post. This is kind of an awkward formation but I do think it gets our best 11 on the pitch.

jamesjimmybyrondean

:nono:

It'd be mortifying if he starts over Greenwood or James.

He shouldn't even be on the bench... even if we are allowed 9 subs!
    :lol: :lol: . There used to be some weird optimism about him coming good when he isn't even good enough to be on the bench for any serious team. I always thought the optimism was because of how his name sounded like that of a very good footballer or how he looked like one. I just couldn't understand it

Riz

Rashford - Martial - ???
    Bruno
    ??? - ???
    Shaw - Lindelof - Maguire - AWB
    Dave​

Think those 8 are almost certain to start (but who knows) and I would probably say James as the last attacker unless there’s a formation change. As for the midfield 2 could be any combo of Matic, Fred, McT and Pogba. I’d go for Matic and Pogba but can see the logic behind Matic and Fred.

Possibility for James/Greenwood/Pogba/Ighalo to come off the bench if we need to switch things up. Plenty of options in the middle for fresh legs as well.

Probably lose now.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
    Ole said he doesn't know if he should expect 45 or 60 minutes from Pogba against Tottenham. This alone hints that he'll start. Don't feck up your line up predictions people because of some tweet :lol:

Bwuk

The leaked line up according to Twitter;

De Gea
    Lindelof - Maguire - Shaw
    AWB - McTominay - Fred - Williams
    Bruno
    Rashford - Martial​

USREDEVIL

Can't wait, but i'll have to watch recorded as i have to work
    The leaked line up according to Twitter;

De Gea
    Lindelof - Maguire - Shaw
    AWB - McTominay - Fred - Williams
    Bruno
    Rashford - Martial​
    That's totes believable. Could be a cover story though.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
    Playing a back 5 with a fully fit squad against a Mourinho's side. I don't see it.

Betson

Ole said he doesn't know if he should expect 45 or 60 minutes from Pogba against Tottenham. This alone hints that he'll start. Don't feck up your line up predictions people because of some tweet :lol:

He said Pogba is fit and raring to go and what he is needs now more than anything else is game time.

RedDevilRoshi

Looking forward to this. Pre-lockdown I was confident going into this fixture as we were on a terrific 11 game unbeaten run and they were going through a terrible run of form and had recently just been knocked out of both the CL & FA Cup. Now I don’t know what to expect. Both teams have been boosted by having two important players back from injury (Spurs - Kane & Son, Utd - Pogba & Rashford). Still feeling confident we will win but reckon it will be a very close affair.

Starting XI

De Gea

Wan-Bissaka
    Lindelof
    Maguire
    Shaw

Fred
    Matic

Fernandes

James
    Martial
    Rashford

subs:
    Romero
    Dalot
    Bailly
    Williams
    McTominay
    Pogba
    Pereira
    Greenwood
    Ighalo

Score Prediction:
    Tottenham 1-2 Manchester United

RedMilo

Really looking forward to watching us again. Its been too long. We've seen it all, we've won the lot, we're Man Utd and were never gonna stop!:keano:

lex talionis

I see in the crystal ball Ole picking a side built to score goals and sit on a lead, not to take in the pressure and hit on the counter.

De Gea
    Wan-Bissaka Maguire Lindelof Shaw
    Fred
    Bruno Pogba
    James Martial Rashford

Of note is Fred (supposedly, we shall see) getting the start over McTominay and Matic, but Fred has been outstanding and his high energy will help with Son.

Pogba, can't see any reason to waste him on the bench until the 60th minute. Demoralize Spurs first, then rest Pogba if looks fatigued.

And then James, who's gone off the boil but brings pace when we do counter.

There's no answer here as we could keep Pogba on a leash and, but the dropoff from Pogba to any other midfield in the squad not named Bruno is immense.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
    The back 5 was only acceptable due to circumstances with injuries but now with both Pogba and Rashford back into the fold, why should we be settling for crowding our line up with defenders when we have a fully fit squad, especially playing against a defensive manager.

You can not have a squad with top quality midfielders and attackers then persist with a back 5 and always playing the underdog. Mourinho is the one who will/should be looking to counter us, not the other way around.

Womp

idiot
    Cowardly lineup against a Jose side imo. We may need to win most, if not all our games to overtake Chelsea, so hopefully it doesn't come back to bite us in the arse

Shark

@NotShark
    Cowardly lineup against a Jose side imo. We may need to win most, if not all our games to overtake Chelsea, so hopefully it doesn't come back to bite us in the arse
    I actually think Chelsea will drop plenty of points from now until the end and they still have Liverpool, Wolves, Sheffield and City to play. I think we really should be finishing above them considering our fixture list.

arthurka

Please just win this, hate the humble one so please give him one over again please.

Withnail

I actually think Chelsea will drop plenty of points from now until the end and they still have Liverpool, Wolves, Sheffield and City to play. I think we really should be finishing above them considering our fixture list.
    Given our squad depth, and obviously provided we don't get a rake of injuries, I think we'll make top 4.

The lack of a home crowd pushing the lesser teams on should stand in our favour as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Bruno Fernandes image Bruno Fernandes 55% of 301 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 336 ratings.

Score Predictions