Kick-off
Sun, 11 April 2021 @ 4:30pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

dal

I’ll be incredibly pissed off if we don’t win this. We simply must win it.

DeGea

A draw won't be good enough, we need to win this to consolidate 2nd and get revenge on the 6-1 drubbing at home.

Jaxa

If you’re not motivated to batter a team that pumped you 6-1 earlier in the season you may as well not get out of bed in the morning

crossy1686

career ending
    6-1, Jose, City losing to Leeds. There so many subplots to this game that if the players aren't up for it they shouldn't be playing for United. Simple as

justsomebloke

Why on earth would the Leicester game make for a particularly relevant precedence? We've played, what, 9 or 10 PL weekend PL games following midweek european fixtures.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
    I'd take that right now tbh. We played on Thursday, Spurs nice and rested. Can't see beyond a defeat tbh, and this place will be a nightmare afterwards with you and others spitting out the dummies. Already can't wait for the bad coaching, no technical ability and Ole out threads to be stinking out the place.
    If you question Ole’s tactical ability or our future under him you get a temp ban these days. It’s like that. So don’t worry about that I’ll save my moaning for my group chats.

For me football is about entertainment. That’s why we all fell in love with the game isnt it? It’s undeniable that we’ve not been fun to watch lately. But whatever. Hopefully we win comfortably & it’s a great game, but with both managers pragmatic tactical set-ups it’s hard to see that.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
    Win this, all but rule Spurs out of top 4, get Harry Kane to request a transfer :drool:. Would also be nice to be within 8 points of City, just so it shows we are pushing them to the end - psychologically I think that's quite important as we've never done that since SAF left.

TrustInOle

This game has become huge, with the possibility of being 8 points (Winning game in hand) behind City with 18 still to play for, will surely test their metal! Shame we couldn't have played them earlier and maybe derailed their momentum with more time to spare.

Their will be many nervy City fans watching our games from here on out, for sure. Need to capitalise and put the work in tomorrow, we only lose if we really asleep on their counter.

justsomebloke

This game has become huge, with the possibility of being 8 points (Winning game in hand) behind City with 18 still to play for, will surely test their metal! Shame we couldn't have played them earlier and maybe derailed their momentum with more time to spare.

Their will be many nervy City fans watching our games from here on out, for sure. Need to capitalise and put the work in tomorrow, we only lose if we really asleep on their counter.
    one thing is to not lose, to win we need to score. For which I somewhat fear we'll need to get lucky.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
    If you question Ole’s tactical ability or our future under him you get a temp ban these days. It’s like that. So don’t worry about that I’ll save my moaning for my group chats.

For me football is about entertainment. That’s why we all fell in love with the game isnt it? It’s undeniable that we’ve not been fun to watch lately. But whatever. Hopefully we win comfortably & it’s a great game, but with both managers pragmatic tactical set-ups it’s hard to see that.
    What now?

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
    Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers

Sounds like a childish way to look at it. Maybe if you had a look at posts and see if you have been overanalyzing or underestimating Oles coaching ability too often then maybe you wouldnt get yourself temp banned would you? The fact of the matter is there is a very vocal section of every club "support" that have no patience and no desire to wait for progress to happen. Not only that but they refuse to take in the MANY feckIN VARIABLES that affect a team/manager's performance. Finally they refuse to admit that their logic or lack thereof is influenced by their desire to see another manager at the club.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
    Anyway back to the topic at hand. I think a 5-3-2 would be the best way to set up vs Spuds tomorrow.
    We've rarely done that this season though have we? I'm expecting:

Henderson
    AWB Lindelof Maguire Shaw
    Fred McTominay
    James Bruno Pogba
    Rashford​

snk123

Didn't we lose an 8 point lead with 4 games to go and City won? Now that i've said this - watch us lose to Spurs :/

Irwin99

With results going the way they are it's probably a much bigger game for them if they want to stay in the hunt for top 4 .

However it could work for us; you know this Spurs team are bottlers that can't keep hold of leads (generally) when the pressure is on and United still have a pretty decent gap even with a defeat/draw. The pressure shouldn't be on us.

Nikelesh Reddy

Can’t wait for this one,it should be an absolute cracker!Wouldnt it to be great to play them off the park and win tomorrow?If we can get our freshness and fitness back in time for Sunday,then I think we”ll win...

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
    A couple of wins could apply some pressure. Not sure why so want us to set up so negatively though, we need to play as attacking a team as possible against Jose and this Spurs team. If you take the game to them they can’t live with it.

Redlyn

A draw would be good enough for me.
    Spurs have had a week off (like Leicester in the FA Cup)and we all know how good Jose is in preparing his teams with time on hand.
    Good enough to keep well on track for top 4 but i would be quite disappointed.
    We have an opportunity to keep city on their toes, cement 2nd place, take revenge on the feckers and improve our big game results. Not the end of the world i guess.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
    Erik ten Hag
    This is going to be tougher than what some other people are expecting. Spurs had week off and that alone is massive handicap on us. Although, this is where the player probably should be pumped up and needs to give it all and think this like a final because Man City just lost today.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
    Jose wants to win against us, it is his "Cup final" game, will do whatever he can to fire his players to do what they did at the beggining of the season. But, this Spurs team is in different mood now then months ago, rumours they don't like him, out of every trophie competition except one, meh football, throwing them under the bus... We are in better place, in every way shape or form, more tired yes, but second in PL, 60% in EL semi, and pretty sure they would like to give it back to Jose and Spurs for that game.

20Legend2020

The match against Spurs is going to be an important test for Ole and the team. We got thrashed by them earlier in the season, and this defeat slaughtered the morale and optimism in the team. We did will to fight back since then and believe we’ve exceeded everyone’s expectations by occupying the 2nd place in the league. Beating Spurs would give this team a sense of redemption and vengeance. A 6-1 defeat for us is unacceptable, it’s high time we get our revenge.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
    Supports
    4-4-2 classic
    So many people I know want and expect us to beat them 4,5,6-0 but we know its going to end 1-1, ugly game and spurs player scoring via his arse.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
    So many people I know want and expect us to beat them 4,5,6-0 but we know its going to end 1-1, ugly game and spurs player scoring via his arse.
    Depending on the Hammers v Leicester match, I could be happy with a 1-1 score. The team's tired & battered. We haven't had 6-7 days rest since August.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
    Win this, all but rule Spurs out of top 4, get Harry Kane to request a transfer :drool:. Would also be nice to be within 8 points of City, just so it shows we are pushing them to the end - psychologically I think that's quite important as we've never done that since SAF left.
    Specially for next season.

VivaRonaldo85

My heart is saying go for it Ole. Free hit, retribution after the debacle at Old Trafford, close the gap on City at the top etc. An attacking team as below.

However, my head is saying tight cagey dull 0-0 or 1-1 most likely, which would be a decent point given the ongoing midweek games playing against a well rested outfit.

Henderson

AWB
    Lindelof
    Maguire
    Shaw

McTominay
    Pogba

James
    Fernandes
    Rashford

Greenwood

Last edited:

Lappen

I could see this being a bit of a stalemate, I expect McFred to be reinstated with Pogba pushed wide.

This is the team I belive Ole will put out there. He might use James instead of Greenwood and play DEEP in first half.

Honestly I'm a bit nerves about the game. Would absolutely hate losing to Morinho twice this season. And we are not in our best at the moment with some player still trying to find there shape after injuries, and others playing with knocks here and there.

Hope the players and staff have done there job preparing despite the lack of time. And hopefully Tottenham with a week of and the last game in there head gets it wrong today.

If we get things right and play our game we will win this. My prediction, tight United win 2-0, early goal and a wery late one to close it.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
    Good question. I remain to be convinced that Henderson is better than Dé Gea even now. He's certainly not better than Dé Gea in top form.
    Problem is DDG hasn't been anywhere near top form for about two years... and my guess is Henderson in top form is as good as DDG in top form

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
    My big worry is the old European hang over, I feel like we suffer with that especially bad.

I feel like 0-0 is a decent bet for this, and to be honest I’d take it.

tomaldinho1

Jose wants to win against us, it is his "Cup final" game, will do whatever he can to fire his players to do what they did at the beggining of the season. But, this Spurs team is in different mood now then months ago, rumours they don't like him, out of every trophie competition except one, meh football, throwing them under the bus... We are in better place, in every way shape or form, more tired yes, but second in PL, 60% in EL semi, and pretty sure they would like to give it back to Jose and Spurs for that game.
    Surely his cup final game, is the actual cup final...

Feed Me

I'm hungry
    Tottenham is not a harmonious place to be, and Jose isn’t suddenly going to become front foot. United should aim to dominate and impose ourselves.

Judas

Open to offers
    Big old game. I hate this fixture. Really hope we win for many reasons.

Think we'll see Fred and Mctominay starting, and I can picture it being a proper drab game.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Paul Pogba image Paul Pogba 51% of 426 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

7.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 401 ratings.

Score Predictions