Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Buster15

Go on Didier
    Supports
    Bristol Rovers
    Have put last week behind me and realise it’s always a new match. Very exited to watch how the players respond against Tottenham. A very good performance tomorrow may be a new start for Ole and the players. They likely needed a shocker in order to implement a long waited drastic change.

Ole have to emphasise better balance between “express your self” and “discipline”. He also have to find a new midfield formula. He has no other choice than to try something new and experiment a bit. That also include some sort of gambling.
    I too think that we will do well against Tottenham. But I am not really interested in just one good bounce back. We have to start performing at a much higher intensity and do that consistently week in week out.

FatTails

We need to beat these. Ole or no Ole, I think top 4 is going to start looking tricky if we lose here and against City.

Leicester, Arsenal, and Spurs have all been inconsistent but so have we. It’s not obvious that we’ll beat them to top 4, or beat West Ham to it for that matter.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    What Ole should do to give himself the best chance:
    De Gea
    Lindelof Varane Maguire
    Wan Bissaka Fred Matic Shaw
    Bruno
    Rashford Ronaldo
    Grind out a 1-0 essentially.

Blood Mage

I want us to win, because I don't want to write the season off like our board are clearly prepared to do. Finishing outside the top 4 after the investment we made in the summer will set the club back years, yet again.

An unspectacular 2-1 win will do to keep the pressure on Ole but keep our top 4 hopes alive too.

SamVimes

De Gea
    Lindelof Varane Maguire
    Bruno
    Rashford Ronaldo
    Maguire and Shaw should be nowhere near that team. Actions must have consequences, and if both can perform so poorly without getting dropped, then something is seriously wrong.

Cathy Ferguson

De Gea
    Lindelof Varane Maguire
    Bruno
    Rashford Ronaldo
    It is probably the only way we can keep a clean sheet. If only we had signed Trippier...

Foxbatt

He can't play Pogba so I wonder how he will set up the team? DVB or Matic and McFred?

FerociousCorgis

ughh my greatest fear is we play like shit but somehow eke out a crap win and it just delays the inevitable. It should be clear Ole and this staff cant lead us to titles or even to get this team playing properly.

Silverman

In all reality, is Ole still in charge vs Atalanta if we lose this game?

Bastian

Supports
    Mejbri
    ---------------------de Gea
    AWB---Lindelof---Maguire---Shaw
    ----------Matic---------Fred
    Sancho-----Bruno------Rashford
    ----------------Ronaldo

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
    He will be. He’ll get the next 3 games and will probably only go if he loses all 3, which is when someone will probably murder him.

SER19

De Gea

Awb
    Lindelof
    Maguire
    Shaw
    Telles

Matic
    Vdb
    Fernandes

Rashford
    Greenwood

lex talionis

It would be a show of titanium balls for Ole to drop Maguire, with the explanation no one could deny that he doesn't look anywhere close to being fit. Ole is not going to go with a back 3. Our fullbacks have terrible but you can't drop that many defenders all at once. Assume Varane is fit but I don't think we have a report on that yet.

De Gea
    AWB Varane Lindelof Shaw
    Matic Fred
    Sancho Bruno Rashford
    Ronaldo

I'm not a fan of Fred but we're short on options as McTominay (might still be unfit) has been horrific, Ole doesn't rate Donny (Ole never wanted him) and Pogba is out (moronic of Ole of sub him into a lost cause). Greenwood has a fantastic shot in his boots but has played himself out of the role IMO with laziness in defending and selfishness in attack. Bruno and Rashford have to start, as does Ronaldo.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
    Scout
    100%, no way we’re going out there without a manager, it’s a massive game for us this season.

lex talionis

Yes. It seems clear now that he's been given these last three matches before Conte comes in during the international break. Too much chaos would ensue is Conte is announced now while Ole sees out these last three matches. But why not drop Conte in now? If you're in his shoes would you want to be given just a few days to retrain the squad to play proper football...with three very tricky matches coming up in a short period of time. The international break is coming up and even though we'll lose some of our players to that Conte will have time to begin undoing the damage that has been done before facing Watford, an ideal opponent. Then Villareal and Chelsea.

But if Ole is here to stay through the end of the season...:lol:

moxdevil

I expect the same formation and tactics and largely the same team being picked. They'll run harder than normal and may grab a result - a draw or a narrow win.

tomaldinho1

Ole relents and finally plays VdB in a meaningful game. VdB knowing that his downing of tools would be the proverbial knife in Caesar's back.

Ole - "et tu, Donny?"

:lol:
    Haha although Caesar was surprised by Brutus turning on him, Ole probably is already scared to be alone with VdB given how he’s treated him.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
    Feeling quite optimistic. Reckon we will see a reaction

2-1 Utd

Varane to return and Sancho to start

Rajma

Think we’ll want to bounce back right way after such a defeat, expecting a real performance from the team. Spurs are trash as well currently.

Spurs 3-1.

Shimo

At this point need to have a set of clean sheets. That means we need to sacrifice one of the attacking players and be a lot better at pressing, tackling and generally not being able to played through at whim.

Bruno will get us goals but, think it's his role that needs to be sacrificed to make us a lot more solid in the middle. Play with Matic/Fred/VDB with instruction for VDB/Fred to cover first. Let the fullbacks support the front 3 at best.

Front 3 whomever it is need to be told to run their socks off because we have another 5/6 attackers on the bench that can take their place in this game and the next ones if they don't.

Maguire also needs dropping if Varane is fit and play Lindelof along side. I never would have said that till this season. Maguire has been just that shaky all season, not that Lindelof has been immense but, a lot more stable than Maguire.

I Am Zlatan

I have a feeling we’ll smash spurs, also Ole is under a lot of pressure, and he always seems to survive the pressure, if he lose to Spurs, then surely he’s gone.. with that being said, I think the board has already decided to sack him, but who knows if he gets results from the next 3 matches.. Spurs are shite currently, and our players will be looking to bounce back from the humiliation. 4-1 United.

KranjskaKlobasa

Tabloid headlines after another dull display and spuds winning "Lads, it's only Man Utd."

Wishfull thinking is hoping that Ole grows a pair and rotates underperforming players to the bench in attempt to salvage antthing from the match.

RedChisel

He'll play the same useless team, we'll stink the place up but scrape a draw. Ole will smile.

UpWithRivers

First time it wont be 'Lads, its Tottenham'. It will be the other dressing room saying 'Lads, its Man Utd'.

joedirt87

depends on the result. If Spurs destroy this team I don't know how you have any hope in the next 2 fixtures. at least if they sack Ole off another terrible performance you might get a bounce from the players, a bounce from McKenna/Carrick taking over and trying something different. who knows. I know theres almost no time to implement new approaches but maybe you are able to salvage something out of the midweek European game with a change, then get stomped by City and get the new manager in during the break

FatTails

Any chance both sets of fans will sing “Ole’s at the wheel” together? Delusion and derision, united.

ColvaleGoa

Don't think OLE always bounces back when it's all ball's to the walls situation will come true this time.

I will probably still tune in ...don't think I will be watching the full game. Just dreading it.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
    I will literally go for a long walk if the team doesn't feature wholesale changes tomorrow.
    Can't sit through another episode of aimless oleball.

Hoping against hope that he trys something else.

HerbT

Supports
    man city fc
    De Gea

Awb
    Lindelof
    Maguire
    Shaw
    Telles

Matic
    Vdb
    Fernandes

Rashford
    Greenwood
    Not your best 11 players but maybe your best football team?

My thoughts are: VDB will take a few games to settle in, maybe play him from 60 minutes (subject to performance) for a couple of games. Maybe Cavani over Greenwood?
    Certainly Ronaldo as the super sub to play against tired legs for the last 20/ 25 minutes.

I don’t think the line up will be much like the above but I hope you get the win regardless, you deserve the rub of the green.

Hoof the ball

I don't think that Ole will make any significant changes tomorrow. Why? Because Ole has proven that there are a staple set of players in which he entrusts explicitly for games which he deems as crucial. So, it stands to reason that in perhaps the most crucial game of his tenure (deciding his future.....for now.) he will revert to those same players.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
    Supports
    Rangers
    Hope Utd get a result today. They are the laughing stock of English Football (maybe World Football) and only wins will ease the pressure. They should go for a clean sheet .

Dominos

De Gea
    AWB Varane Lindelof Shaw
    Matic Fred
    Sancho Bruno Rashford
    Ronaldo
    This is the team I'd go with, however I think we have room for another change in defence. Lindelof and Shaw both deserve dropping, but I'd be wary about making too many changes. Honestly wouldn't mind seeing Varane-Bailly given a run out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 332 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Tottenham win
  • Draw