Toughest fixture list till the end of CL group stages

Sandyman

I made a consolidated fixture list last season during the run in to see how Utd coped with fixture congestion. Since the CL group games are starting, thought I would do the same this season too, but for all the teams, till the game week when CL group stage finishes.
Only one round of League cup is scheduled. The next 2 rounds will probably be in October and November, adding to the fixture list.

Going through the list, it is clear that some teams have tougher fixtures than the others. I know some people argue that you play each team home and away, so it balances out at the end of the season. But surely factors like rest between games, fatigue, tougher opponents in close succession, travel, etc. don't even out at the end of the season. Have made the list for the top 7 teams.

Manchester United

Chelsea

Liverpool

Manchester City

Spurs

Arsenal

Everton

Utd play all the remaining top 7 teams during CL game week.
Everton(H) after Basel(H)
Liverpool(A) before Benfica(A)
Spurs(H) and Chelsea(A) either side of Benfica(H)
Arsenal(A), Man City(H) either side of CSKA Moscow(H)
Chelsea play 4 of the remaining top 7 during CL game week
Arsenal(H) after Qarabag(H)
Man City(H) after Atletico Madrid(A)
Man Utd(H) after Roma(A)
Liverpool(A) after Qarabag(A)
Liverpool play 5 of the remaining top 7 during CL game week
Man City(A) before Sevilla(H)
Man Utd(H) and Spurs(A) either side of Maribor(A)
Chelsea(H) after Sevilla(A)
Everton(H) after Spartak Moscow(H)
Man City play 4 of the remaining top 7 during CL game week
Liverpool(H) before Feyenoord(A)
Chelsea(A) after Shakhtar(H)
Arsenal(H) after Napoli(A)
Man Utd(A) after Shakhtar(A)
Spurs play 4 of the remaining top 7 teams during CL game week.
Everton(A) before Dortmund(H)
Liverpool(H) after Real Madrid(A)
Man Utd(A) before Real Madrid(H)
Arsenal(A) before Dortmund(A)
Arsenal play 5 of the remaining top 7 teams during EL game week.
Chelsea(A) after Cologne(H)
Everton(A) after Crvena Zvezda(A)
Man City(A) after Crvena Zvezda(H)
Spurs(H) before Cologne(A)
Man Utd(H) before BATE(H)
Everton play 4 of the remaining top 7 teams during EL game week.
Man Utd(A) and Spurs(H) either side of Atalanta(A)
Arsenal(A) after Lyon(H)
Liverpool(A) after Apollon Limassol(A)
For me, Utd have the toughest fixture list. Spurs, also have a difficult fixture list considering their CL group is tough. Liverpool and Arsenal play 5 teams each but Arsenal have a much easier EL group(but less days between games). Chelsea and Man City have the easiest fixture list.

What do you guys think?

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
10/13 League wins would be incredible.

Stoke
Everton
Southampton
Palace

Liverpool
Huddersfield
Spurs
Chelsea
Newcastle
Brighton
Watford
Arsenal

Man City

And at least 1 win out of 4 from City, Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea.

King Eric 7

One thing to consider is the fact that we have a home game after four of those six CL fixtures. Of those four games, three are against teams that you would expect to finish at or near the bottom of the table. So we should be beating those teams even with good rotation.

For the Chelsea and Man City games, we play a home game in the CL before facing them. Man City and Chelsea have to play an away game before they play us.

If the other PL team we are facing also have to play two games in the same week, it sort of evens it out a bit, so I prefer it this way. Much better than playing a fully rested mid table team and dropping points against them where otherwise we would expect to pick up three points.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
What's with the 13 day gap at the end of September ?

Please don't tell me it's another international break.

Also i like that city have to play in the Ukraine 3 day's before coming to Old Trafford.

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
As a Liverpool fan I don't fear the supposed big/tough/hard games.

Give me United then Chelsea then City all day long over West ham then Bournemouth then Stoke.

You know something is inherently wrong when you're more afraid of Crystal Palace away than a visit from Spurs.

Sigma

Also i like that city have to play in the Ukraine 3 day's before coming to Old Trafford.
Yep

Sigma

There is another similar gap mid November. Probably another international break.
Yeah, I think there's always 3 at the start of the season. September, October and November. What's worse is the ones in November will be mostly friendly games...

Sandyman

As a Liverpool fan I don't fear the supposed big/tough/hard games.

Give me United then Chelsea then City all day long over West ham then Bournemouth then Stoke.

You know something is inherently wrong when you're more afraid of Crystal Palace away than a visit from Spurs.
It is not about being afraid but about what would be better for your team. Surely playing one strong team between 2 weak teams would be better for your team to cope rather than United Chelsea City all in one week.

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
Yeah, I think there's always 3 at the start of the season. September, October and November. What's worse is the ones in November will be mostly friendly games...
Only 2 competitive matches left, in England's group anyway so you're bang on. One of them breaks will be so England can go have a jolly and a "bonding" session while we play Greece.

Yet managers moan we need a winter break. Might not need one if they didn't space pointless dead rubbers throughout the season. Have them like clubs have pre-season. In a batch, A team plays one day, B team plays the next.

Having a week off for Malta and Slovoknyvanialand just makes a mockery of international football. Could have sent the U21s and they'd have done enough.

Bestietom

Yes, September is a tough month for us with 7 games in 22 days, but we now have the squad to get through this....

I would still expect us to retain our winning ways, and put more points between our rivals...

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire

Yeah, international break. My birthday is in this period and every year there's a bloody international break. Rubbish.

Havak

Pokemon master
Start of December looks brutal, but if we can do the business early in the group stage games and qualify, we can hopefully rest players for CSKA at home to give us the best chance in the Arsenal and Man City games. End of October / start of November is probably even worse with Spurs / Benfica / Chelsea, and even away to Liverpool and Benfica in succession earlier on. Thankfully we have a big squad and will hopefully have Shaw / Young and maybe Rojo fit for some of these games.

Definitely see a few draws and maybe a defeat or two around these times, anything more is a bonus. I think we're capable of finishing this year top of the League and into the knockouts of the UCL though!