Transfer Chat

Devil may care

Genuinely asking, why? Haven't watched him, so that's why I'm asking.
Both offer plenty on the ball I just think Barella offers more bite and tenacity off it that would replace that element we'll lose with Ander going.

rampo

Shit, I opened the thread, read the OP, thought Pogba is going to Barca and shat myself. Didn't realize this was an old thread

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
This young European prospect Ryane Frasere is really delivering and gonna be a bargain for someone. Goals, assists and underlying numbers to boot in a top 5 league. Good thing he doesn’t play for an unfancied nation or no one would ever look at him.

Got £25m to Spurs or Liverpool written all over him, whilst we chase names.

Fosu-Mens

This young European prospect Ryane Frasere is really delivering and gonna be a bargain for someone. Goals, assists and underlying numbers to boot in a top 5 league. Good thing he doesn’t play for an unfancied nation or no one would ever look at him.

Got £25m to Spurs or Liverpool written all over him, whilst we chase names.
I assume you are refering to Rayaun Frazierè?

Fosu-Mens

I hear he is trying a variety of branding options to attract interest. He’s taken a leaf out of the book of Jason Sandwich.
I recently heard a vague rumour that Deaglán Basmati is regretting his change in nationality and has sent a dna sample to Ancestry and MyHeritage to identify potential new nationalities he can use to make him more attractive.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I recently heard a vague rumour that Deaglán Basmati is regretting his change in nationality and has sent a dna sample to Ancestry and MyHeritage to identify potential new nationalities he can use to make him more attractive.
After that performance today he could be called Basmati, Arborio, Pilau or whatever else and he’d have suitors.

Toad

All we really need to do is sell everyone and buy everyone else. Simples.

Devil may care

That's because you want someone to carry the burden from midfield for most of our goals and assists.

If you actually thought about the team as a unit and how they can best serve the overall play rather than goals and assists, you'd see it's a bigger upgrade than just mediocre replacements. Bruno Fernandes may be in a lesser league but his shots are pretty fecking incredible and top corner is top corner whether you do it in Portugal, Spain or England. He'd be a big risk but he won't be the only replacement we can make.

Players like Neves, Rice, Ndombele that can be used to suppliment the more offensive midfielders can better control matches, press opponents and serve the front 3 who then have more chances to score. Just look at Liverpool - they don't have star midfielders and outscore anyone in the league bar City. You just need to bring in a midfield that is technical, can work hard and have the right mentality whilst upgrading the front 3 (Say Sancho/Felix etc) to bring in the goals.

Also shit on Bruno all you want, the man would likely shine wherever he goes.
That's because you usually have someone in the midfield 3 that can provide chances, Liverool are pretty unique in having a self sufficient front 3, largely helped by Firmino being a great attacking fulcrum, something Rashford and Lukaku will never be.

Bruno's shooting wont be worth shit in the PL, the acres space afforded him in Portugal wont be forthcoming, he's also physically weak, something his fanboys on here even admit, and he doesn't retain possession, this counter attacking bullshit can't be our primary way of playing, too many sides sit in against us for that, and Bruno is a reactionary player.

However forget just Bruno, you mention Neves, take a look at Wolves fans views on him @Adnan and if you've watched Ndombele he often forgets he's supposed to be doing defensive work as well as running forward with the ball. Adding more kids like Joao Felix and Sancho isn't the answer either, we already have two in the forward line that have heads bigger than their talent and output, we need some players that are actually proven, I find it bizarre that you are hauling off on Pogba, who as I say can go as far as I'm concerned, but are ignorimng the shite up front that need replacing as well.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
That's because you usually have someone in the midfield 3 that can provide chances, Liverool are pretty unique in having a self sufficient front 3, largely helped by Firmino being a great attacking fulcrum, something Rashford and Lukaku will never be.

Bruno's shooting wont be worth shit in the PL, the acres space afforded him in Portugal wont be forthcoming, he's also physically weak, something his fanboys on here even admit, and he doesn't retain possession, this counter attacking bullshit can't be our primary way of playing, too many sides sit in against us for that, and Bruno is a reactionary player.

However forget just Bruno, you mention Neves, take a look at Wolves fans views on him @Adnan and if you've watched Ndombele he often forgets he's supposed to be doing defensive work as well as running forward with the ball. Adding more kids like Joao Felix and Sancho isn't the answer either, we already have two in the forward line that have heads bigger than their talent and output, we need some players that are actually proven, I find it bizarre that you are hauling off on Pogba, who as I say can go as far as I'm concerned, but are ignorimng the shite up front that need replacing as well.
Bruno is more than just a long shot player, from what I've read watched and heard he provides a lot to the team along with a terrific work ethic. Neves has superior passing range and is also a good presser of the ball. My names are examples, I haven't even mentioned Saul or Rodri who are reportedly available.

As for Joao Felix and Sancho, there is nothing to claim their heads are bigger than their talent and output, whereas the likes of Rashford who is reportedly stalling on a new deal and Martial who has been stagnant for 3 years need a reality check. Pogba is far from a 250k per week player for us, his play is inconsistent and his attitude is poor. He lacks the perceived leadership you all wished and needs to be moved on. There are many midfielders who can combine to a better output than what he offers, that much is clear.

Spurs brought in Delli ali, Erriksen. City brought in Silvas and KDB. I'm more than sure replacements are out there and our 52 scouts would have identified someone better to help with the overall output than what Pogba has offered us.

Devil may care

Bruno is more than just a long shot player, from what I've read watched and heard he provides a lot to the team along with a terrific work ethic. Neves has superior passing range and is also a good presser of the ball. My names are examples, I haven't even mentioned Saul or Rodri who are reportedly available.

As for Joao Felix and Sancho, there is nothing to claim their heads are bigger than their talent and output, whereas the likes of Rashford who is reportedly stalling on a new deal and Martial who has been stagnant for 3 years need a reality check. Pogba is far from a 250k per week player for us, his play is inconsistent and his attitude is poor. He lacks the perceived leadership you all wished and needs to be moved on. There are many midfielders who can combine to a better output than what he offers, that much is clear.

Spurs brought in Delli ali, Erriksen. City brought in Silvas and KDB. I'm more than sure replacements are out there and our 52 scouts would have identified someone better to help with the overall output than what Pogba has offered us.
Bruno's long range Youtube goals are the thing that has garnered him the bulk of the hype, if all we want to do is counter then fine, but he's not going to retain possession and control the game like we need, and I don't care how much he runs about as that's not the be all and end all, Lingard has conned people into thinking it's a trait that is more valuable than it is. Neves has a better hollywood ball than most but again take a look at what those that watch him week in and week out think, not just his MOTD highlights. I've been on about Rodri for ages, posters like bucky even longer, but he's a replacement for Matic and would be a great fit with Pogba, not in place of him. Saul has a buyout clause as high as the fee talked about for Pogba and is a jack of all trades master of none.

I never said Joao Felix or Sancho has heads bigger than their output, I was talking about Rashford and Martial, what I'm saying is adding more kids like Felix and Sancho into the mix isn't the answer, it'll be the blind leading the blind, we need some proven quality in that front line to push Martial and Rashford to either be better or feck off.

Again, I never said we shouldn't sell Pogba, I'm saying it's bullshit to act like he's the sole problem and he's the primary thing we need to fix, I'd sell all of the forwards before I would sell him as I think Pogba has shown more than all of them and I don't think changing the midfield will change the fact the 3 up top are simply not good enough.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Bruno's long range Youtube goals are the thing that has garnered him the bulk of the hype, if all we want to do is counter then fine, but he's not going to retain possession and control the game like we need, and I don't care how much he runs about as that's not the be all and end all, Lingard has conned people into thinking it's a trait that is more valuable than it is. Neves has a better hollywood ball than most but again take a look at what those that watch him week in and week out think, not just his MOTD highlights. I've been on about Rodri for ages, posters like bucky even longer, but he's a replacement for Matic and would be a great fit with Pogba, not in place of him. Saul has a buyout clause as high as the fee talked about for Pogba and is a jack of all trades master of none.

I never said Joao Felix or Sancho has heads bigger than their output, I was talking about Rashford and Martial, what I'm saying is adding more kids like Felix and Sancho into the mix isn't the answer, it'll be the blind leading the blind, we need some proven quality in that front line to push Martial and Rashford to either be better or feck off.

Again, I never said we shouldn't sell Pogba, I'm saying it's bullshit to act like he's the sole problem and he's the primary thing we need to fix, I'd sell all of the forwards before I would sell him as I think Pogba has shown more than all of them and I don't think changing the midfield will change the fact the 3 up top are simply not good enough.
You will never get a midfielder that can do it all - some will be less apt at retaining posession, some may be less blunt going forward. The point is, the attitude, technical ability and work rate of all of these players fit a top club's profile. Pogba is no way near worth the output he's shown from us and should be moved on.

As for talent to replace Rashford and Martial, I don't think we are looking for established world class stars anymore, and Sancho is pretty well established at this stage anyway. Every transfer is a risk but the risk is minimised with these named players regardless of their age. I'm sick and tired of the whole "lets get galactico players to lead the line" approach.

I also never said Pogba was the sole problem. Gary Neville is right that there are widespread problems, but Pogba is part of it.

Devil may care

You will never get a midfielder that can do it all - some will be less apt at retaining posession, some may be less blunt going forward. The point is, the attitude, technical ability and work rate of all of these players fit a top club's profile. Pogba is no way near worth the output he's shown from us and should be moved on.

As for talent to replace Rashford and Martial, I don't think we are looking for established world class stars anymore, and Sancho is pretty well established at this stage anyway. Every transfer is a risk but the risk is minimised with these named players regardless of their age. I'm sick and tired of the whole "lets get galactico players to lead the line" approach.

I also never said Pogba was the sole problem. Gary Neville is right that there are widespread problems, but Pogba is part of it.
I disagree, the idea that Pogba can't be part of a top side but Neves and Bruno Fernandes who have done feck all, can, is laughable, it's not unfair to say that some of the crap Pogba plays with here makes his job even harder. You replace him with a couple of the players listed and we'll soon be back here talking about how we graft lkike Stoke and create like them also. Replace him yes, but most of these suggestions are simply not good enough regardless of how hard they work, quality is still required and too many of the players listed don't have enough of it and when under the spotlight at United, not tucked away in the safety net of Wolves, Sporting Lisbon and Lyon, will get exposed and some will realize that Pogba scapegoating wasn't the answer.

Sancho has had one good season in a much easier league, it's not about "Galactico's" or any of these other stupid media terms, it's about getting in some experienced players who have a few seasons of consistent output under their belts, and who can lead our attack and help the two underperforming young players we have raise their game. Sancho will struggle just as much as Rashford and Martial when asked to be the star man for £100M, he got gobbled up in the games against Spurs without Reus to carry the can.

Pogba is being scapegoated massively, everyone calling for him out should also be calling for Rashford, Martial, Lukaku and Lingard to feck off as well if they are being fair in their assessment of overhyped, over indulged, overrated players who are too lazy and think they are way better than they are. At least Pogba has actually produced in his career, most of them haven't

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I disagree, the idea that Pogba can't be part of a top side but Neves and Bruno Fernandes who have done feck all, can, is laughable, it's not unfair to say that some of the crap Pogba plays with here makes his job even harder. You replace him with a couple of the players listed and we'll soon be back here talking about how we graft lkike Stoke and create like them also. Replace him yes, but most of these suggestions are simply not good enough regardless of how hard they work, quality is still required and too many of the players listed don't have enough of it and when under the spotlight at United, not tucked away in the safety net of Wolves, Sporting Lisbon and Lyon, will get exposed and some will realize that Pogba scapegoating wasn't the answer.

Sancho has had one good season in a much easier league, it's not about "Galactico's" or any of these other stupid media terms, it's about getting in some experienced players who have a few seasons of consistent output under their belts, and who can lead our attack and help the two underperforming young players we have raise their game. Sancho will struggle just as much as Rashford and Martial when asked to be the star man for £100M, he got gobbled up in the games against Spurs without Reus to carry the can.

Pogba is being scapegoated massively, everyone calling for him out should also be calling for Rashford, Martial, Lukaku and Lingard to feck off as well if they are being fair in their assessment of overhyped, over indulged, overrated players who are too lazy and think they are way better than they are. At least Pogba has actually produced in his career, most of them haven't
Pogba hasn't performed, he should be shafted. Rashford and Martial I have no issues with going either. Same for Lingard.

What annoys me is Pogba is brought in on these stupid wages and has the most excuses launched to protect him. Sanchez is brought in on stupid wages, is more established than Pogba and is ridiculed.

The fact remains Pogba in a United shirt has been no way near the standards you set against him. In fact he's been more shit than good. I'd snap the hand of any club willing to pay a good fee on him, because the effort levels of lesser players will always out do the input of what we've seen from Pogba thus far.

Devil may care

Pogba hasn't performed, he should be shafted. Rashford and Martial I have no issues with going either. Same for Lingard.

What annoys me is Pogba is brought in on these stupid wages and has the most excuses launched to protect him. Sanchez is brought in on stupid wages, is more established than Pogba and is ridiculed.

The fact remains Pogba in a United shirt has been no way near the standards you set against him. In fact he's been more shit than good. I'd snap the hand of any club willing to pay a good fee on him, because the effort levels of lesser players will always out do the input of what we've seen from Pogba thus far.
I disagree but fair enough, if you are willing to lump the rest in then I can respect that, truth is bar De Gea there's not a single player in our regular starting 11 that has been a consistently worthy Manchester United player for years, poor current form not withstanding.

That's because Sanchez has not had a single good game for us and his legs have clearly gone, where as Pogba has had a lot of good games for us and is on 150k a week less than the has-been.

Pogba hasn't been as good as you'd want for the fee paid but IMO you are going overboard, look at his output this season surrounded by the most bang average starting 11 in the top 6, that's not an excuse it's a fact and you have to give him credit for that playing in this team. The main issue on a bigger scale is his attitude, to try and say he hasn't played well at all for us is simply untrue, but you can question his mentality and how that impacts on the rest of the team given the influence he seems to have over them. I disagree on the output of lesser players offering more, that's a myth, those are mid table footballers, what you need is what City and even Spurs showed the other night, top class footballers like De Bruyne, Bernardo Silva, Eriksen and Son that are ALSO willing to work their arse off like some mediocre footballer that plays for Burnley.

Fahad Jawaid

I think we should try to snap up Greizmann along with Sancho. Its imperative we have a strike force that will put fear into opposition. Liverpool have a front three who are great technically and can create havoc, score goals and also able to create goals aswell. We should do the same.

Further we should sign Alderweirald and Muenier/Wan Bissaka. Thats four players which will instantly improve our team.

Signing Greizmann will also convince Pogba to stay. In addition to above, we should do everything to convince Herrera to stay and lastly sign a Dm, who can not only share the defensive load with Herrera, but can also play and we will be grand.

We should get rid of Lukaku, Bailly, Jones, Rojo, Darmian, Mata and Matic. We can fetch around 100m in these players. Our maximum net spend will be 200m.

Devil may care

After the World Cup I admit I thought Trippier looked good, but once moved to a RB role in a back 4 he's been badly exposed, plus he seems pretty injury prone.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Wouldn't mind getting Coutinho.

Had forgotten how much I liked watching him play, even during his Liverpool time, by how off his Barça time has been.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I think we should try to snap up Greizmann along with Sancho. Its imperative we have a strike force that will put fear into opposition. Liverpool have a front three who are great technically and can create havoc, score goals and also able to create goals aswell. We should do the same.

Further we should sign Alderweirald and Muenier/Wan Bissaka. Thats four players which will instantly improve our team.

Signing Greizmann will also convince Pogba to stay. In addition to above, we should do everything to convince Herrera to stay and lastly sign a Dm, who can not only share the defensive load with Herrera, but can also play and we will be grand.

We should get rid of Lukaku, Bailly, Jones, Rojo, Darmian, Mata and Matic. We can fetch around 100m in these players. Our maximum net spend will be 200m.
Yeah because it's not obvious Griezmann is going to Barcelona and nowhere else.

It'll be dead easy to sign him, surely.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I guess this is the right thread for this.

A guy on Reddit rated as 2nd tier (if you follow those tiers) for reliability is saying Lingard's on thin ice. Not enough end product and too much focus on creating his own brand. Sanchez is going to be hard to shift due to wages, potential swap deal. Also saying James is close and it's happened quickly. Koulibaly talks are progressing.

Going to be a big summer with signings focussed on potential. Next season is being viewed as a transitional season.

He lists his credentials as being right about Dalot, Fred, Grant, Kohler etc.

Says he will post and tweet more in the future.

I do vaguely remember him talking about Kohler before everyone else.

Here's the link to the thread if you want. My advice would be to take it all with a big pinch of optimism and lose your minds over Koulibaly!!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/reddevils/comments/bmxzl8/summer_2019_update_1_10th_may_2019/

Godfather

The moment Lingard pisses off I think I'll start crying. From happiness. Would be good for Rashford as well. Can't just expect to be here just because you are a youth product.

Rayburns

Our mentality and work ethic has been under justified criticism. I think we have some quality players, who in say Pogba have proven themselves the biggest stage, but have perhaps lost a little bit of desire to prove themselves having already feeling they have done. This has maybe spread like wild fire, and for players like Rashford, Martial, Lingard it has rubbed off on them.

I feel that we need to address the balance and core of the team in regard to mentality, and it could be worth signing a few younger British players with something to prove- and then of course add some more steel and leaders to build from, before we just try to amass star players.

We do still need a balance between work ethic and technical ability, ideally both. I feel Ole want to adopt a high tempo pressing style of football, so naturally (I hope) we will be looking for younger talent able to burn up and down the pitch, with higher energy levels. Its been shocking how many times we were simply out ran in games this season, but that is most likely an after effect of Jose policy of buying older experienced players.

Reactions: golden_blunder

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

You can't compare the outputs of Pogba and Sanchez though.
Pogba despite not being the regular world class performer we expected, has been our best outfielder by a long way, scored 16, got into the PFA team of the year.
Sanchez has scored 2 goals all season, and made about 20 appearances, and I wonder if any of them have been even close to 90mins. Being next to totally ineffectual in the vast majority of efforts.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You can't compare the outputs of Pogba and Sanchez though.
Pogba despite not being the regular world class performer we expected, has been our best outfielder by a long way, scored 16, got into the PFA team of the year.
Sanchez has scored 2 goals all season, and made about 20 appearances, and I wonder if any of them have been even close to 90mins. Being next to totally ineffectual in the vast majority of efforts.
He played well for about 3 months this season. He has broadly struggled to live up to the standards expected of him on a consistent basis, and now he reportedly wants out. I'd happily show him the door and completely change the midfield with 3 hard-working units that combine to better output for the team.

Of course if he wanted to stay I'd favour testing him with a few new recruits around him but it's unlikely that's the case. He blatantly wants Real.

Kidders

I'm starting to sound like an old record, but I honestly would not shed a tear if ANY of our first team left, the only one who would be differcult to improve on would be DDG, I'm not bothered about transfer fees but if we used any Pogba/Lukaku/Lingard/Rashford/ Martial/Bailly/etc money, to add to the expected £200m transfer kitty, we could easily put together a better team without busting the bank.

bucky

Fair enough mate, just my opinion, I think wherever Pepe goes he'll be exposed as a mid level player, there's a reason Bayern opted against him, someone like Brandt would make more sense IMO.
I think there's more nuance to things. Pepe has been one of Lille's best players this season and has helped them to qualify for the CL ahead of teams like Lyon and Marseille. He's a frustrating player and he's definitely not my first choice, but IMO we need to steadily improve, which unfortunately for us currently means securing a top 4 finish first and foremost. I want us to take the EL seriously and I am probably in the minority for actually liking the competition, but at the same time it's obviously important for us to be in the CL year after year.

I'm all for giving our young players a chance, but recently more talented players or players that looked to be as talented as our current bunch haven't worked out for us (Morrison, Will Keane, Petrucci, Januzaj). As far as I am concerned we could and probably should move on from players like Lukaku, Martial and Sanchez, let alone Lingard and Mata. There should be enough playing time available for the likes of Chong, Gomes and Greenwood, if we do actually move on from those senior players and still sign players like Pepe.

The argument that Munich opted against him, hence we should too, is understandable, but our situations are different. They don't have a problem qualifying for the CL every year and it is a lot easier for them to simply pick up players like Havertz or Brandt, if they choose to do so. Their squad in general is better than ours. Whereas we would have a lot more problems trying to sign the likes of Ricardo Pereira or Maguire, not to mention Eriksen.

Another argument for me is that there aren't many forwards available that could provide the goals that we need. If we don't get Jovic, then what? The answer can't simply be that we shouldn't bother then. Tottenham, Liverpool and Ajax have proven that you can be relatively successful with the likes of Tadic, Lucas Moura, Sissoko, Dier, Winks, Henderson, Milner, Wijnaldum, a struggling Fabinho and Keita. In fact the way you describe Pepe could easily be applied to Son Heung-Min during his time in Germany.

All I'm saying is, I don't want us to place all our hopes on our academy players and at the same time we shouldn't do what Moyes did, which was not having a backup plan to Fabregas or Bale and assuming we've got time.

L1nk

Barcelona have already added De Jong.

Are likely to add De Ligt.

Probably the only suitors that are going to pay Griezmann's release clause.

The season's only just ended and it looks like they are going to add these 3 players, absolutely crazy. Prioritizing football with the right people at the top knowing what to do and who to get, no messing about.

The Nani

Is anyone else scared shitless at the prospect of our potential back four next season ?

Shaw-Koulibaly-Lindelof-AWB

That would cost upward of £150m, and the upgrade would only be slight.

The fullbacks would add little to not to the attack. And while the CBs would be good on the ball, neither of them are commanding defenders.

Scary stuff IMO.

bucky

Is anyone else scared shitless at the prospect of our potential back four next season ?

The fullbacks would add little to not to the attack. And while the CBs would be good on the ball, neither of them are commanding defenders.

Scary stuff IMO.
No, because we don't know what's going to happen.

L1nk

Scary stuff IMO.
Are you actually suggesting that Koulibaly would only be a slight upgrade on Smalling and Jones, and that AWB would only be a slight upgrade on Ashley Young

I genuinely cannot tell if you are on the wind up there

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget

Scary stuff IMO.
Both are substantial upgrades.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020

Scary stuff IMO.
It would be a huge improvement.

The AWB not being able to attack is becoming quite the tale too. He does attack and can be effective.

We know Shaw can do it also - from his LVG years and spells this season.

All about the tactics imo.

AJ10

Scary stuff IMO.
You trolling?

AJ10

Barcelona have already added De Jong.

Are likely to add De Ligt.

Probably the only suitors that are going to pay Griezmann's release clause.

The season's only just ended and it looks like they are going to add these 3 players, absolutely crazy. Prioritizing football with the right people at the top knowing what to do and who to get, no messing about.
Tbf they were stupid enough to pay 140 mil for that one trick pony.