Transfer Chat

Bestietom

Starting to get a little excited with some of the news coming in if true.

Manchester Evening News.

In Talks for Tielemans and Wan Bissaka

We are now the only ones negotiating for Maguire and Fernandes.

RedDevilRoshi

Manchester Evening News.

Which journalist from the MEN reported that?

RedDevilRoshi

After studying tactical theory for years, I've come to conclusion that the future of football is 4-4-1-1 with two principles - stack your team full of defenders, and pass it to your star man who knows what to do. We could become pioneers in this approach, because unlike 95% of teams in top 5 leagues, we actually have the leading man who is capable of doing everything on his own (talking about PP naturally). It's pretty simple and even a non-manager like OGS should be able to implement it. Something like this, I've decided to replace wingers with box-to-box midfielders because the key attributes for wide role are stamina, tackling, and short passing. All they need to do is win the ball quickly and pass it to Pogba.

---------------Onana
Lindelof---Koulibaly--Chiellini--Shaw
Ndombele--De Ligt--Umtiti---Fred
--------------Pogba (c)
--------------Dybala

Before you call me a muppet, let me explain why I believe these could be realistic transfer targets.

1. Plenty of deadwood to sell (Jones, Smalling, Matic, Martial etc.) - possibly up to 150 million income.
2. DDG can hopefully be sold for about 50m while Onana shouldn't cost more than 30m, so we're actually making profit here.
3. Ndombele, De Ligt, Koulibaly, Umtiti - no choice but to pay the full prices here, should be about 250 million.
4. Dybala, Chiellini <--> Lukaku, Darmian straight swap (Juve are interested in both players and transfermarket values are comparable). Dybala had excellent partnership with PP and they carried Juve on their own. Now I know that Chiellini is a veteran at this point, but we need a experienced vice-captain to complement PP.

Net transfer expenditure: 100 million (even with that Welsh nobody from Championship we've already signed).
Crazy!

Not only is that absolutely unrealistic & parking the bus as you’ve got 6 defenders in that team. You also have Lindelof, Ndombele, De Ligt, Umtiti and Fred all out of position! Even though you have explained why, it just looks all completely bonkers with no shape at all.

RedMilo

Cant understand why we haven't gone for David Brooks at Bournemouth. Fits the OGS model player and we desperately need someone with a football brain creating for us... Perhaps we are waiting to see what happens with some existing players i.e. whether Mata signs a new deal & whether Pogba pushes to leave?

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Might sell:

Pogba, Lukaku, Darmian, Rojo, Bailly, Jones, Mensah (+ Fellaini already gone). Will probably try to move Sanchez out. Mata and Herrera leaves for free.

Brings in what? £250-280 mill.

Will buy:

1. Maguire - £80 mill
2. Diop - £70 mill
3. AWB - £50 mill
4. Longstaff - £40 mill (will not go for £25 mill)
5. Rabiot (free)
6. Bruno Fernandes - £60 mill
7. Pepe/Brooks - £60/50 mill
8. Pedro/Haller - £25/45 mill

+ Daniel James £15 mill

Approx £420 mill.
Ten out. Nine in.
Net? £140 mill - £170 mill.

Could it happen? Probably not. I’m not sure we will bring in any of these names to be honest (maybe with the exception of AWB).

But I could see us buying two-three central midfielders if Pogba leave. Three if we buy a player like Longstaff. I would guess that we will buy a #10 similar to Bruno and an #8. Compared to Herrera and Pogba I would assume OGS would prefer two «complete» midfielders, both very adept at defending and attacking. Bruno Fernandes fits that bill as a 10. Rabiot, Ndombele and Lo Celso does as an #8. Maybe even Longstaff.

We will buy a central defender and I would not be surprised if we ship out a few and bring in two.

Furthermore, we should bring in a right winger and a center forward if Lukaku leaves.

Maybe its not likely at all that we will bring in more than five players, like Ole said at one point of the season. But if we sell Pogba, Lukaku and Sanchez, combined with Herrera and Mata leaving, we will have to make several transfers. OGS did not predict Pogba leaving when he talked about bringing in five players. Probably not Lukaku either. And he probably did not predict how the season would pan out.

Considering some of the players leaving are on high salaries we will probably have resources to do something significant too. It could also be in the managements interest to support OGS as he is a cheap (and popular) manager. Hell, it would also give him much needed credibility and «power» (reduced «player power»).

Last edited:

Joeace2020

After studying tactical theory for years, I've come to conclusion that the future of football is 4-4-1-1 with two principles - stack your team full of defenders, and pass it to your star man who knows what to do. We could become pioneers in this approach, because unlike 95% of teams in top 5 leagues, we actually have the leading man who is capable of doing everything on his own (talking about PP naturally). It's pretty simple and even a non-manager like OGS should be able to implement it. Something like this, I've decided to replace wingers with box-to-box midfielders because the key attributes for wide role are stamina, tackling, and short passing. All they need to do is win the ball quickly and pass it to Pogba.

---------------Onana
--------------Pogba (c)
--------------Dybala

Before you call me a muppet, let me explain why I believe these could be realistic transfer targets.

1. Plenty of deadwood to sell (Jones, Smalling, Matic, Martial etc.) - possibly up to 150 million income.
2. DDG can hopefully be sold for about 50m while Onana shouldn't cost more than 30m, so we're actually making profit here.
3. Ndombele, De Ligt, Koulibaly, Umtiti - no choice but to pay the full prices here, should be about 250 million.
4. Dybala, Chiellini <--> Lukaku, Darmian straight swap (Juve are interested in both players and transfermarket values are comparable). Dybala had excellent partnership with PP and they carried Juve on their own. Now I know that Chiellini is a veteran at this point, but we need a experienced vice-captain to complement PP.

Net transfer expenditure: 100 million (even with that Welsh nobody from Championship we've already signed).
:lol:

Rossa

---------------Onana
--------------Pogba (c)
--------------Dybala

Impressive, spending all that time on sarcastic, well, something.

Sing you a song

Manchester Evening News.

Its all paper talk they have nothing to report as no one has bought anyone of significance yet therefore the press do what they usually for and make up stories to try and sell papers as they do at this time every year

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
Straight from the horse's mouth. Pogba wants out. This has the potential to be our worst summer ever.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Straight from the horse's mouth. Pogba wants out. This has the potential to be our worst summer ever.
It also has the potential to be exactly what we need. We’re not challenging next year whether we have Pogba or not. It’s time to rebuild around a clear identity of how we want Manchester United to play. Take the money for Pogba, De Gea and Lukaku, add it to the 240m already available and build a young, exciting team with the potential of challenging in three seasons. Everyone is banging on about how we need to overhaul the squad...well it looks like that’s exactly what we’re going to do. If we promote Greenwood, Garner, Gomes and Tuanzebe next season then I could see us having 11/12 new players. Exactly what was needed...provided we get the signings right.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I see where you are coming from but we haven’t started pre-season yet. If come 1st of July, we’re still a few signings away from being competitive then fair fecks.
What has our recruitment in the last 6 years done to warrant this amount of faith?

Xaviboy

I think we should maybe take the opportunity to take players plus cash for Pogba transfer from that club. If we get full out fee, other clubs know we will be desperate for one of their players and we will get fleeced. Look at the fees being quoted for AWB and Maguire, joke.

We only have until August 9th, my fear is knowing how bad our club is run, we will panic and end up with Gareth Bale, who looks like he doesn't give a shit about playing football.

Josep Dowling

I love the transfer muppet that say we can sell our deadwood. Why are they still at this club? Because no one in their right mind will offer us £20m for Phil Jones. He’s probably earning twice what he could get from another club.

No one wants the shite in our squad and players don’t want to leave because of their ridiculous salaries. Hence we can’t shift them.

SteveW

---------------Onana
--------------Pogba (c)
--------------Dybala

This is one if the most batshit insane things I've ever read on here. Good stuff.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Probably been said before but we can use Pogba funds to purchase a number of quality options for the midfield.

Longstaff at £30m
Fernandes at £60m
Maddison at £60m
Rabiot at Free (circus risk).

That as a diamond could really work.

Hanky panky

Hey, after selling Pogba we will have a lot of chips for rebuilding. Already have after two quiet windows. I hope we will get players who wants to play for United. There are talented players available. If everything goes well, we could have very interesting team for next season. Why not better team what we had last season which finished 6th?

LonelyFire

Hey, after selling Pogba we will have a lot of chips for rebuilding. Already have after two quiet windows. I hope we will get players who wants to play for United. There talented players available. If everything goes well, we could have very interesting team for next season. Why not better team what we had last season which finished 6th?
That would involve a football structure at the club making strategic decisions.....something we don’t have. Secondly, we have owners who are fond of keeping money. The concern most have is we will not reinvest adequately - and it’s more than a valid concern.

Hanky panky

Im quite sure we will reinvest easily over 150 million (or even over 200M) this summer if Pogba leaves. 4-6 players are coming in. Slow start but this will be busy summer.

e. Minimum is two midfielders and one defender. And actually we will need CB and RB both. My guess is that this will be record breaking summer for United.

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
I'm trying to find positives... If there's an exodus of our key players DDG, Herrera, Pogba, Lukaku surely the Glazers will remove the incompetents: Woodward, Judge, scouts etc right??

Drainy

I'm trying to find positives... If there's an exodus of our key players DDG, Herrera, Pogba, Lukaku surely the Glazers will remove the incompetents: Woodward, Judge, scouts etc right??
Doubt it - if we sell DDG for £50m, Pogba for £120m, Lukaku for £65m and only reinvest circa £150m on 4 players (James £15m, AWB £50m and the balance on two midfielders- one ready made, one younger player) then promote academy players to fill the gaps in the squad to still be in the same competitive position they will all be laughing to the bank.

My guess is they are banking on other players (Rashford, Martial, Lingard and McTominay + a new midfielder) stepping up in the production, and the overall cohesion resulting in an overall better season than the last one. If it works we may be in a position to get better quality recruits next year, if not they made money on transfers (and didn't have to spend any of this year's budget), at least.

Fosu-Mens

Lukaku leaving now for a decent fee is better than selling him for cheap next season.
One less year left on Sanchez and others contracts.
If PP leaves, then less contact with Raiola.

LindaChang

Sell Pogba. Get coleso in from betis, bruno and youri while get maguire and awb as cb and rb respectively. If lukaku left, get Haller in. Finally, get a CDM (Rodri,Ndidi)

Henderson
AWB----- Lindelof------ Maguire/ Deligt---- Shaw
---------------------Rodri/Ndidi------------------------------
---------- Coleso/Fred/Youri ------ Youri/Coleso/McT
--------bruno/coleso/Mata
Rashford/Greenwood/Lingard---------Tony/Rashford/Haller

flappyjay

With Pogba leaving we are going to have to make 6 signings excluding. Rb, cb, 3 cm's and an attacker whether lukaku stays or goes.

RB AWB
CB Maguire
Cdm Neves/Ndidi or someone who mashes those 2s abilities. A Cdm who excels at winning possession and also good at initiating attacks from deep
CM Rabiot
CM Tielemans/Bruno/Maddison
If we go for a striker Haller/ if we get a winger Pepe.

For all these players Manchester united is a big step up. Wouldn't be disappointed about where they are but would relish the chance to show what they got. They all still have room to improve too.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
We're buying Angelino back from PSV for 12m yoyo's, I'll be delighted if we are, apparently PSG wanted him for £25m

Thunderhead

Supports
City
Are you guys looking to move on Mendy or does Pep want to move zinchenko from lb
no idea, but Zinchenco played DM for Ukraine a few weeks ago, I think no one trusts Mendy so Angelino is a relatively cheap option who will also class as HG and Club Trained

Fosu-Mens

If we end up with Shaw and AWB as our fullbacks, PP goes, and Rashford Martial + new signing are the ones up front, then the new midfield would need to create a lot of chances and score a number of goals.

Coops73

Andy Goldstein on Talkshite last night claimed he had a source, that had been reliable in the past, had told him that we’re after a player that none of the papers had mentioned yet, I think he said it was an arsenal player, I’d turned off before he revealed it, anyone hear who it was?

Last edited:

Zoo

Andy Goldstein on Talkshite last night claimed he had a source, that had been reliable in the past, had told him that we’re after a player that none of the papers had mentioned yet, I think he said it was an arsenal player, I’d turned off before he revealed it, anyone hear who it was?
Aubameyang.

USREDEVIL

Interesting. I wanted us to sign Auba since he was in Dortmund but wasn't sure if he'd be as awesome after seeing him at Arsenal. However now with Ole he might be exactly the kind of striker we need.

yamo123x

---------------Onana
--------------Pogba (c)
--------------Dybala

Has to be WUM surely or muppet of the year.
Either way it made me laugh

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
So disappointed that we've kept Mata when we should have released him. Unbelievable that we may have signed him up for more than a year.