Transfer Chat

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
It seems (?) that Spurs are close to signing Jack Clarke from Leeds United. The bookies odds have been slashed and apparently he has removed "Leeds United Player" from his Instagram account.

If it happens then I wouldn't be surprised if a season-long loan back to Leeds is part of the deal.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Andy Goldstein has made many similar claims in the past and I don't think any have been correct.

USREDEVIL

Since we're not getting either Sancho or Felix, what about Lozano on the right side? It's a huge upgrade on Lingard :nervous:. Then if we sign Sancho next year, we can rotate with Lozano. Squad depth is a "thing" you know.

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
Terrible deal considering we paid 50 million for Fred.
Both ole & Mou didn't utilise Fred much. That suggests something. When he did play he didn't look comfortable. Made some serious errors too resulting in goals for the opposition.

Granted it's his first season & he should be allowed to have a second but if it's as a substitute then what's the point. Surely we're better off trying someone else like Paredes. We can't afford a 50m sub. Fred, like Lukaku & Sanchez, should be embarrassed to be on the bench for how much they're costing the club in fees & wages.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'd rather sign Longstaff than Paredes. Think the Geordie lad could turn out to be a better option and hopefully significantly cheaper.

Celoti23-81

Both ole & Mou didn't utilise Fred much. That suggests something. When he did play he didn't look comfortable. Made some serious errors too resulting in goals for the opposition.

Granted it's his first season & he should be allowed to have a second but if it's as a substitute then what's the point. Surely we're better off trying someone else like Paredes. We can't afford a 50m sub. Fred, like Lukaku & Sanchez, should be embarrassed to be on the bench for how much they're costing the club in fees & wages.
So did Carrick one season. He was awful. Remember saying back then that Fletcher was a better player that season!

DarkRed

Just wanted to remind everyone that we wanted Nathan Collins from Stoke City for 8M and even that is not moving... nothing at all is moving.

Could it be that everyone just went on their summer vocation? :D
- F*ck it all! I work hard all year! I deserve my ME time!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Whatever happens during this window we will know if the Glazers want United to be a force again or if they are just happy to milk the club dry.
Like @Dong Fangzhuo said, we already know. It will be telling of whether or not they will take the absolute piss or if they want to keep up appearances. However, it is not just a question of money, it's also very much a question of competence.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Getting to the end of June.
We have not actually signed anyone but James.
Several we have been linked with heavily have still to be signed.

And players who obviously are not part of the future..no news on them.

Rojo,Darmain,Bailly.

Pogba is the wild card. Certainly hope we don't lose Fernandez because we are waiting on what is happening to him,especially as Ole wants him as has been reported.

Lots of foot dragging.

yamo123x

Ive always felt woodward has had unnecessary stick but if we do not make some quality signings and soon then its all on him. We needed to rebuild, but now with just 1 week to go before we fly on tour we have added only james. Best get used to seeing matic mata young mctominay lingard and smalling some more then

Jericholyte2

I keep seeing headlines about “United’s ambitious plans for the summer” or “United’s rebuild starts here” or how United are in line for “Unprecedented spending this summer” and all I can say is WHERE IS THIS!?!?

I get it’s not even July yet but Ole had specifically said repeatedly in press conferences that he wanted transfers done and sorted by pre-season, well what a cock-up that’s been!!!

I know transfer negotiations aren’t like on FIFA / FM but it genuinely looks like Woodward is doing transfers in single-file!

Denis79

I keep seeing headlines about “United’s ambitious plans for the summer” or “United’s rebuild starts here” or how United are in line for “Unprecedented spending this summer” and all I can say is WHERE IS THIS!?!?

I get it’s not even July yet but Ole had specifically said repeatedly in press conferences that he wanted transfers done and sorted by pre-season, well what a cock-up that’s been!!!

I know transfer negotiations aren’t like on FIFA / FM but it genuinely looks like Woodward is doing transfers in single-file!
Don't think we have a big budget, we are relying on sales, which aren't progressing.

USREDEVIL

Shambles so far... I hope we don't sign Maguire for the fees they are asking though. Can Tuanzebe be enough? Sign Bruno and Pepe, some guile up front.

The Irish Connection

It seems (?) that Spurs are close to signing Jack Clarke from Leeds United. The bookies odds have been slashed and apparently he has removed "Leeds United Player" from his Instagram account.

If it happens then I wouldn't be surprised if a season-long loan back to Leeds is part of the deal.
A bit gutted if that’s true. Followed him a bit last season and he’s a very exciting winger. Would have loved if United could have got him, we haven’t seen an exciting right winger in years. Could be another good young signing for spurs.

Chairman Steve

Is the Bruno and Longstaff stuff based on a Times article? I can get behind getting both of those guys in, although I don’t know how Fernandes would work if we still had Pogba here when the window closes.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
If we do get Bruno, we would still need one or even two more midfield players depending on the Pogba situation.
I would think Longstaff and Madison. (Matic cannot play many games. McT is still not the finished article)

And a striker and CB.

Martial and Rashford with Greenwood who is just a lad.
James is a winger. We definitely need a striker.

CB. Tuanzebe is coming back. But we only have Lindeloff plus Smalling and Jones. We need a proven CB.

That would bring the total to 6 or 7 additions.

Players left or leaving?

Valencia
Herrera
Lukaku
Rojo
Bailly
Pogba?

Not much time tbh. We took so long with the first two.

Flanders Devil

Don’t know if this is the right place, but does anyone else find it odd that Valencia and Barca have essentially done a GK swap between Neto and Cillessen?

I get that ones a back up vs Starting etc. but I just think it’s a strange one.

DarkRed

Don’t know if this is the right place, but does anyone else find it odd that Valencia and Barca have essentially done a GK swap between Neto and Cillessen?

I get that ones a back up vs Starting etc. but I just think it’s a strange one.
One already won everything with Barca and want to play some regular football + need to play to stay Hollands number 1,
The other want to win some titles even if that mean to sit on the bench.

Fletchageddon

PL currently out spent by Serie A, La Liga and Bundesliga. Very odd. Wonder if brexit is a factor? Maybe see less outlay this year? Would be a good explanation for our young British core.

0le

Whatever happens during this window we will know if the Glazers want United to be a force again or if they are just happy to milk the club dry.
They will do just enough for United to be profitable but that simply means ensuring United remains a top 6 team.

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
Tielemans asking price is 45 million. Bargain.
Really?
Partey reportedly has a buyout clause of 50m.
Ziyech supposedly has an agreement to be let go at 35m.
Rabiot was free (albeit with a rumoured 10m sign on fee).
I think u could get Brozovic from Inter for a little more than 45m.
I think Rodri's release clause is at 70-75m.
Fabian Ruiz is allegedly off to Madrid for a little more than this fee for Tielemans.
Not a big fan but even Van de Beek would cost around 50m & he's a better player than Tielemans already.
Our resident sporting fans say Bruno can be had for about 50m.

What has Tielemans done to be worth this fee? Actually what has Tielemans done to be worthy of United?

A handful of young, exciting, promising players sounds great. But at the heart of midfield?

0161_UNITED

Really?
Partey reportedly has a buyout clause of 50m.
Ziyech supposedly has an agreement to be let go at 35m.
Rabiot was free (albeit with a rumoured 10m sign on fee).
I think u could get Brozovic from Inter for a little more than 45m.
I think Rodri's release clause is at 70-75m.
Fabian Ruiz is allegedly off to Madrid for a little more than this fee for Tielemans.
Not a big fan but even Van de Beek would cost around 50m & he's a better player than Tielemans already.
Our resident sporting fans say Bruno can be had for about 50m.

What has Tielemans done to be worth this fee? Actually what has Tielemans done to be worthy of United?

A handful of young, exciting, promising players sounds great. But at the heart of midfield?
And what would the wages be for any one of these named?

Eric's Seagull

And what would the wages be for any one of these named?
From quick check don't know exactly how accurate:

Partey £40,000
Not sure about Ziyech
Brozovic 75,000Euros
Not sure of Von De Beek as it is hard to find figures for Ajax players.
Rodri, 63,000Euros (just under) although he looks like he us going to City.