Transfer Chat

Eric's Seagull

Since we're not getting either Sancho or Felix, what about Lozano on the right side? It's a huge upgrade on Lingard :nervous:. Then if we sign Sancho next year, we can rotate with Lozano. Squad depth is a "thing" you know.
Was thinking the same thing myself. He picked up injury and is supposed to recover today. Dont know how it is going to affect him.

Was supposed by be nailed on to go Napoli but supposedly told Mino Raiola he wants to come to United and he previously stated he would like to come to the Premiership and supposedly has €40m release clause.

Bestietom

Was thinking the same thing myself. He picked up injury and is supposed to recover today. Dont know how it is going to affect him.

Was supposed by be nailed on to go Napoli but supposedly told Mino Raiola he wants to come to United and he previously stated he would like to come to the Premiership and supposedly has €40m release clause.
A good player who will work hard. Fits Ole's philosophy.

Eric's Seagull

A good player who will work hard. Fits Ole's philosophy.
Agreed. Decent age, seems hungry and his former manager says we have had scouts watching him since he was 16 and another pleasing thing he said is that United is one of the clubs with the best scouts in the area. Hopefully they find us a star soon.

Bestietom

Thomas Partey is the midfield player that we really need now.
43.5 million buy out clause. He is the ideal player for us.
Great tackler. Can control play, and could take over from Matic or play with him. I really hope we go for him.

flappyjay

Great tackler. Can control play, and could take over from Matic or play with him. I really hope we go for him.
Good defensively, good on the ball, makes too much sense.

Marcus

Interesting for that price.

Onerealunited

Get Thomas Partey (DM), Lozano (RW) and Ozan Kabak (CB) for a combined euro 110m and we should be ready for the new season. All three players are very young and have huge potentials and most importantly are hungry

Ajaxsuarez

Supports
Ajax
From quick check don't know exactly how accurate:

Partey £40,000
Not sure about Ziyech
Brozovic 75,000Euros
Not sure of Von De Beek as it is hard to find figures for Ajax players.
Rodri, 63,000Euros (just under) although he looks like he us going to City.
At Ajax, Ziyech would be on about €2m a year maybe a little more, Van de Beek on like €800.000 because he's due an upgrade

Wouldn't be surprised if we go into next season without a new CB or RW,though I can partially understand the later (though it'll be frustrating) if we're putting all our eggs in the basket for Sancho next season.

Bestietom

Wouldn't be surprised if we go into next season without a new CB or RW,though I can partially understand the later (though it'll be frustrating) if we're putting all our eggs in the basket for Sancho next season.
James and Dalot will share duties for this position this season.

Eric's Seagull

they obviously wouldn't accept those figures at a new club though
I agree on that but it might give the club a better level to start negotiations from, so they might be able to get them for higher wages than they are currently on but still decent for their level of ability. Although if either were to come to us they might have a look at what our players earn and say that they want want similar wages to players here already.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Sounds like we are negotiating the price for Bruno
The fact we are now talking about McGinn means the new Newcastle manager is not interested in selling Longstaff.
Woodward not selling Pogba who is going to beg Ole tomorrow to let him go.
I expect Pogba to be here next season.
Lukaku will be gone one way or another it looks like as we are signing Ben Yedder it seems. 28 but that will give Greenwood time to mature as a striker. Rashford staying too with a new contract.
I doubt we are going to sign a CB. But we have enough cover in that position even if they are not the very best.
Want to see how good Tuanzebe is after all the mention of him last season.

Last edited:

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Wolves and Tottenham currently fighting one another for Benoit Badiashile from Monaco. 18 year old CB who United have tracked for a while.

Wolves apparently have bid around €40m. Annoying as this lad looks a real gem.

Santos J

Wolves and Tottenham currently fighting one another for Benoit Badiashile from Monaco. 18 year old CB who United have tracked for a while.

Wolves apparently have bid around €40m. Annoying as this lad looks a real gem.
The article didn't say Wolves had bid, just an estimate at what he'd cost. Doesn't look like there's much in it for now.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
We just signed some wunderkid from Fulham, he played a few games for them in the Premier league already.

He was 2 years old when we won it in Istanbul.

Fml.

Kearnkoff69

From an article here: https://theathletic.com/1070794/201...ts-in-the-final-month-of-the-transfer-window/

Maguire update:

The signing of an established central defender remains the club’s priority at the moment. United are hopeful that they will solve this problem with the capture of Leicester City’s 26-year-old central defender Harry Maguire.

It is understood they made an opening offer of £70 million for the England defender last week, which was immediately rejected by Leicester City. But United have been encouraged that Maguire wants to join, and are confident a deal can be agreed when, as expected, they return with an improved offer.
Fernandes and Longstaff updates:

There was feverish speculation that Sporting Lisbon midfielder Bruno Fernandes was on the verge of joining United last week. However, most of this emanated from the excitable Portuguese media. United do have an active interest in the player, but a move for him is not believed to be imminent.

Newcastle midfielder Sean Longstaff is another player United harbor a real interest in, but they are still monitoring him, and have not yet made a bid.
Update on Lukaku and our forward situation:

If they get an acceptable bid for Lukaku in the coming weeks, they would then look to spend those funds on a replacement, with Lille’s Nicolas Pepe and Lyon’s Mousa Dembele being two possible candidates.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Well Pepe is clearly not a Lukaku replacement but he'd be a very welcome addition to our right wing (finally).

We'd still need to sign a CF to compete with Rashford.

Kearnkoff69

Would take Pepe but Moussa Dembelle said he doesn't want to go this summer. Although things could change.
Most definitely, just passing along what the report says. We clearly think he (Dembele) could be persuaded if we're keeping him on our list of potential Lukaku replacements. I'd prefer Pepe, but I guess we'll have to wait and see how the Lukaku saga shakes out (and how quickly it resolves itself).

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I think we might regret not doing anything in this window if we do stay as we are. A couple of injuries to key players would hurt us far more than it would City.

Eric's Seagull

Most definitely, just passing along what the report says. We clearly think he (Dembele) could be persuaded if we're keeping him on our list of potential Lukaku replacements. I'd prefer Pepe, but I guess we'll have to wait and see how the Lukaku saga shakes out (and how quickly it resolves itself).
Thanks for passing on the information mate. I quite like this part of the forum :)

Kearnkoff69

Thanks for passing on the information mate. I quite like this part of the forum :)
No problem mate - I figure since I have a subscription I should share the most important bits of news that would otherwise be hidden behind a paywall. This is also my preferred spot in the transfer forum.

Eric's Seagull

No problem mate - I figure since I have a subscription I should share the most important bits of news that would otherwise be hidden behind a paywall. This is also my preferred spot in the transfer forum.
That is an admirable thing to do me. Look forward to seeing you post some more stuff here mate.

VanGaalyTime

The interesting thing is that there have been many players whose value has gone down significantly in recent years after clubs have rejected huge offers. Thinking of Savic at Lazio (120m last year, 75m this year) Belotti (100m in 2017, 30m now). Highlights the importance of selling at peak value for these clubs. Maguire is one who could be at that same point. Surely if United buy another defender and City get a back-up in place, nobody else is spending 80 f-ing million on Maguire. Leicester need to sell now. And I'm sure, I hope, United know that.

Eric's Seagull

The interesting thing is that there have been many players whose value has gone down significantly in recent years after clubs have rejected huge offers. Thinking of Savic at Lazio (120m last year, 75m this year) Belotti (100m in 2017, 30m now). Highlights the importance of selling at peak value for these clubs. Maguire is one who could be at that same point. Surely if United buy another defender and City get a back-up in place, nobody else is spending 80 f-ing million on Maguire. Leicester need to sell now. And I'm sure, I hope, United know that.
If we do get Maguire I can see it going right to the end of the transfer window and going down to who is willing to budge on the valuation first.

StrettyEnder07

I have been going on about Lozano to my mates for months, for me he ticks the box as a RW and is comfortable as a CF so he could provide back up for Rashford and Greenwood (if he has his breakthrough year this season).

Rather than spending the Lukaku money (assuming he goes) on another big CF, surely a RW who can play up top as well makes more sense, spend the funds sorting out the midfield and that problematic CB position.

Lozano for me is a no brainer.

Bestietom

I have been going on about Lozano to my mates for months, for me he ticks the box as a RW and is comfortable as a CF so he could provide back up for Rashford and Greenwood (if he has his breakthrough year this season).

Rather than spending the Lukaku money (assuming he goes) on another big CF, surely a RW who can play up top as well makes more sense, spend the funds sorting out the midfield and that problematic CB position.

I like Lozano and he is a hard worker, which Ole likes.

Eric's Seagull

Agreed mate. I think it is one signing we should be right in for. Woody keeps on going on about no value in the market but this guy is available for peanuts compared to a lot of players. Like you said he ticks all the boxes and puts in the effort which is something I believe Ole would respect a lot.

StrettyEnder07

Agreed mate. I think it is one signing we should be right in for. Woody keeps on going on about no value in the market but this guy is available for peanuts compared to a lot of players. Like you said he ticks all the boxes and puts in the effort which is something I believe Ole would respect a lot.
All to easy though boys, we can all see it, Ole probably banging on his door to sign him, he has said he wants to come to us and even his agent has told him to consider us.

30 minutes later Woodward gets on the phone to Madrid and offers 130M for Bale haha money on it

Eric's Seagull

All to easy though boys, we can all see it, Ole probably banging on his door to sign him, he has said he wants to come to us and even his agent has told him to consider us.

30 minutes later Woodward gets on the phone to Madrid and offers 130M for Bale haha money on it
Agreed mate. A lot of things seem plain for all of us to see besides Woody. But he is obsessed with his big name transfers and Gareth Bale was one of his four dream signings. Think he may still have obsession to appease his ego that he got one of the dream signings he wanted mate. Woody is a fecking twat:lol:

StrettyEnder07

Agreed mate. A lot of things seem plain for all of us to see besides Woody. But he is obsessed with his big name transfers and Gareth Bale was one of his four dream signings. Think he may still have obsession to appease his ego that he got one of the dream signings he wanted mate. Woody is a fecking twat:lol:
Madness mate, really is, even now if you look at it, sell Pogba/Lukaku 150/75M each, potentially with that money and what is remaining of our budget you could get Maguire, Savic, Fernandes, Lozano and probably Longstaff, can't be that hard Woody FFS haha

Eric's Seagull

Madness mate, really is, even now if you look at it, sell Pogba/Lukaku 150/75M each, potentially with that money and what is remaining of our budget you could get Maguire, Savic, Fernandes, Lozano and probably Longstaff, can't be that hard Woody FFS haha
All too simple for Woody he just seems to make complications where there are none mate. If we get those signings we would be in a lot better position than where we are but obviously Woody and his vast knowledge of football obviously knows better than anybody who can see the gaping hooles in our squad. If we get £225 for Pogba and Lukaku, I can see at least £150m going back in the Glazers pockets which is saddening.