Transfer Chat

RatPack

One major priority should be to of the line DM. Need one to bring cover to defence. fight like the is no tomorrow. and give instructions to all the young players and make sure everybody does their best or gets told.
And also be able to set the pace in attack with the right distribution out from defence. We need a your Roy Keane :-) .
But doubt we will be able to find such a player that will join Man Utd in the current shape.
But when we get a great DM we will then find out what more we need: AM, LW, St etc

Alemar

They reckon we've had an offer accepted for Saul Niguez and now we're speaking to the player.
he is world class in a position we need the most. Would make too much sense, and As such, certainly bollocks of a rumour :(

Albin Johansson

I'm sort of torn between the fact that we're suffering from a lack of midfielders and the fact that I would be so so so delighted if Matic were sold asap. I agree that Levitt and Garner are quite raw but at this point I'd go with them and even TFM (whom I haven't seen playing for ages) beside Fred until McTominay and Pogba are back. At least they show some agility and movement. Seeing Matic makes me so fecking frustrated. Given that we sign SOMEONE (really, just anyone) in the 10 role I'd at least be excited for the remainder of the season.

soapythecat

We’ve the biggest wage bill in the league. As much as we want good players, I’m thinking we will need to reduce this before that happens.
How the actual feck our wage bill is so high is beyond me, but that’s the state we are in.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Last night I had a vivid dream that we had 3 new players making their debuts. One name i can remember vividly was Bentancur. Two of them scored on their debut and the other 1, seemed to be a surprise name but absolutely bossed midfield on his debut. The other guy looked like Ronny Johnsson!

lsd

The Oracle
Are there any rumours as to why Ed has been pictured in Paris ?

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
We could clear up in the relegation sales if we can wait until summer Grealish, buendia, mings, Aarons, cantwell...

Last edited:

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I can not imagine a bigger disaster than somehow luring Cavani to Old Trafford. It will be Falcao all over again.

Let him go to Atletico and live out his golden years in so-so form

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Spurs closing on new striker from Porto

Jose Mourinho appears set to raid former club Porto to find a temporary solution to Spurs striking issues.

With Harry Kane out injured, Spurs are scouring Europe for a new striker.
And Porto forward Ze Luis has emerged as an option.

Sources in Portugal suggest a loan deal with an option to buy could see the 28 year-old arrive in North London.

Ze Luis, who joined Porto from Spartak Moscow last summer, has scored eight goals in 18 games this season so far.

A Cape Verde international, he will need a work permit.

lsd

The Oracle
Spurs closing on new striker from Porto

Jose Mourinho appears set to raid former club Porto to find a temporary solution to Spurs striking issues.

With Harry Kane out injured, Spurs are scouring Europe for a new striker.
And Porto forward Ze Luis has emerged as an option.

Sources in Portugal suggest a loan deal with an option to buy could see the 28 year-old arrive in North London.

Ze Luis, who joined Porto from Spartak Moscow last summer, has scored eight goals in 18 games this season so far.

A Cape Verde international, he will need a work permit.

So Troy Parrott has no chance with Mourinho managing

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I am not convinced that Parrott is any good. Suspect Mourinho isn't either.

Pav1878

Ziyech and Olmo please. Would get them for combined 100m probably, and less than what it will take to sign Sancho.

Makes so much sense.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Take from this what you will but I’ve heard a rumour that we are quietly signing Gastón Pereiro from PSV. Cheap alternative to Bruno?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Take from this what you will but I’ve heard a rumour that we are quietly signing Gastón Pereiro from PSV. Cheap alternative to Bruno?
From clips he looks like an inside forward attacking from the right, not really a #8.

L1nk

Urgent reinforcements needed for the first team and the clubs signing a 15 year old Goalkeeper days before the deadline is absolutely peak Manchester United really isn't it

roseguy64

Urgent reinforcements needed for the first team and the clubs signing a 15 year old Goalkeeper days before the deadline is absolutely peak Manchester United really isn't it
I really doubt Woodward and Judge have anything to do with that signing.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
New rumours are we've agreed a few for Bruno. So if you're right, it's in addition to rather than in place of.

Mark Pawelek

We should be signing youth prospects all year round, if possible. Pretty sure they're using two different negotiating teams. This should be a pure coincidence, but I suppose there's a chance it was delayed to spin it out as 2 signings close to deadline day.

MZX7

@Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius
I t
I'm sort of torn between the fact that we're suffering from a lack of midfielders and the fact that I would be so so so delighted if Matic were sold asap. I agree that Levitt and Garner are quite raw but at this point I'd go with them and even TFM (whom I haven't seen playing for ages) beside Fred until McTominay and Pogba are back. At least they show some agility and movement. Seeing Matic makes me so fecking frustrated. Given that we sign SOMEONE (really, just anyone) in the 10 role I'd at least be excited for the remainder of the season.
Matic would be valuable in certain games with teams. His passing and vision are still much better than McTominay's.