Transfer Chat

christinaa

Gossip Girl
So Grealish stays at Villa, Spurs ready to sign Bale and hijack our Reguilon transfer and we're not moving at all with Sancho.

Great stuff from ED and Co !!

Mark Pawelek

So Grealish stays at Villa, Spurs ready to sign Bale and hijack our Reguilon transfer and we're not moving at all with Sancho.

Great stuff from ED and Co !!
ED and Co were right not to buy Grealish for daft money. I really hope Spurs sign Bale. If we won't accept a buyback clause for Reguilon we should get Telles instead for €25m (on the last season of his contract), or get that Ukrainian: Mykolenko. I think we were never going to buy Sancho without first shifting some of our deadwood for money.

Red_toad

ED and Co were right not to buy Grealish for daft money. I really hope Spurs sign Bale. If we won't accept a buyback clause for Reguilon we should get Telles instead for €25m (on the last season of his contract), or get that Ukrainian: Mykolenko. I think we were never going to buy Sancho without first shifting some of our deadwood for money.
I’d like United to hijack Valencia’s move For Pervis Estupinan, he’d be ideal for covering Shaw and Maybe taking over his spot.

Craig Ward

Really annoyed at our window.

Left it too late. Put all our eggs in for Sancho and failed miserably.

But what i'm most annoyed about is the lack of outgoings:
How on earth can we progress when we cant even sell Rojo/Jones/Lingard/Romero.

Shambles

DarkDog

Glazers back at it, this time going for 4th choice GK, now all that is missing is to buy some random player who Man City is after from Shakhtar for 2x the money and backup right back for reserves
mark my words (last year all my predictions came true)
there will be no over 80 mil signings
net transfer spend will be MAX 100 mil, i am willing to bet it will be even lower
Dan James won’t be sold
if we sell Lingard, then we will spend 100 mil, if we won’t sell him Ole will announce that Lingard is like a new signing

I really think that Glazers would like to end protests and attacks against the sponsors, but we dont have money to spend, they already took out another 60 mil loan just for running costs
if they allow signings then most of those sums will be financed by adding to our nearly 500 mil loan because Glazers won’t/can’t put their own money. We also have to take into account Super League costs of nearly 100 mil (payment to RM, Barca and Juve basically) + fines from UEFA and Premier League

lsd

The Oracle

Glazers back at it, this time going for 4th choice GK, now all that is missing is to buy some random player who Man City is after from Shakhtar for 2x the money and backup right back for reserves
mark my words (last year all my predictions came true)
there will be no over 80 mil signings
net transfer spend will be MAX 100 mil, i am willing to bet it will be even lower
Dan James won’t be sold
if we sell Lingard, then we will spend 100 mil, if we won’t sell him Ole will announce that Lingard is like a new signing

I really think that Glazers would like to end protests and attacks against the sponsors, but we dont have money to spend, they already took out another 60 mil loan just for running costs
if they allow signings then most of those sums will be financed by adding to our nearly 500 mil loan because Glazers won’t/can’t put their own money. We also have to take into account Super League costs of nearly 100 mil (payment to RM, Barca and Juve basically) + fines from UEFA and Premier League

Heaton is a good keeper and we don't actually have a real undisputed number one at the moment so no problem with this

DarkDog

Heaton is a good keeper and we don't actually have a real undisputed number one at the moment so no problem with this
Hahahaha, yeah sure :D we pay nearly 600 000 to our 4 goalkeepers De Gea, Henderson, Romero and Lee Grant and we needed TOM HEATON, who for the last 4 years has been backup to Aston Villa and Burnley teams. seems legit

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I mentioned this in another thread but it would be wise of us to have a look at the few promising players Inter have on their books, considering they are in financial troubles.

Young, Darmian, Sanchez, Lukaku , Brozovic, Barella, Martinez, Sensi etc.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Kane & Grealish to city
Sacho to the dippers
Rice to chelsea

We sign no one, caf implodes on itself.

Barnslig

Hahahaha, yeah sure :D we pay nearly 600 000 to our 4 goalkeepers De Gea, Henderson, Romero and Lee Grant and we needed TOM HEATON, who for the last 4 years has been backup to Aston Villa and Burnley teams. seems legit
I mean it's a dead certainty that Romero is leaving, and most likely Grant as well. Leaves us with no 3rd keeper. If the rumours are true and either of DDG or Henderson is leaving as well, we're all of a sudden short in the GK department, and clubs will hold us ransom. Just because the puzzle piece doesn't seem to fit right now, doesn't mean that it doesn't.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Romero and Grant are leaving this summer. Heaton will replace them

DarkDog

Every year we are left behind other Premier League sides because we have these leeches of owners and inept board. City already promised basically Haaland or Kane to their fans. Chelsea won't back down after last summer's success. Still makes me laugh that some guys tried to argue with me that we had more successful summer last year than Chelsea :D
Compare our side with that when Ole took over.

Our starting 11 in EL final was basically all the players that Ole had when he took over. Glazers have given him Bruno, AWB and Maguire over 3 years and 5 transfer windows. Now they are talking about buying replacement for AWB. And this is all happening while Liverpool, City and Chelsea all have better squads already then ours and are constantly adding to their squads.
Cavani is okay, but he is not world class anymore. He shouldn't be leading the line for our team. Sorry i know that we love the goals he has scored and he is good guy, but Cavani wouldn't get near the starting 9 for Chelsea, Man City or Liverpool.
Cavani would be just plan b for those teams. For us he is basically the only chance. This situation is so stupid.
I am 100% sure that tomorrow there will be 0 questions about the debt for Joel Glazer. 100% sure

DarkDog

I mean it's a dead certainty that Romero is leaving, and most likely Grant as well. Leaves us with no 3rd keeper. If the rumours are true and either of DDG or Henderson is leaving as well, we're all of a sudden short in the GK department, and clubs will hold us ransom. Just because the puzzle piece doesn't seem to fit right now, doesn't mean that it doesn't.
Romero and Grant are leaving this summer. Heaton will replace them
I was replying to guy who said that Heaton was coming in to be our first choice GK. + this probably took 4 months for our numnuts to complete and haggle out

lsd

The Oracle
I was replying to guy who said that Heaton was coming in to be our first choice GK. + this probably took 4 months for our numnuts to complete and haggle out

Yeah we don't have an number one that doesnt have issues so no problem with Heaton. He is decent expierenced and capable of doing a job if needed.

Mark Pawelek

According to Stuart Ballard at The Express, signing a CB is Ole's #1 priority.

Upamecano was #1, but gone to Bayern
Varane is now #1

I think if United sell Lingard and James this summer, £35m might buy Varane as he's only 1 year left on his contract. A bit more: £40-45m will, I feel, bring him to OT ASAP (before the window shuts) as Real have given up hope of him renewing.

Sancho + Varane = £125m = £80m + £45m.
Lingard + James = £45m

United also need a CDM. Looks like that won't happen. Maybe as P/E for De Gea, Pogba?

Mark Pawelek

I mentioned this in another thread but it would be wise of us to have a look at the few promising players Inter have on their books, considering they are in financial troubles.

Young, Darmian, Sanchez, Lukaku , Brozovic, Barella, Martinez, Sensi etc.
Your Inter players:
Position
Player
TM value (m)
Rating
Mins (20-21)
CF​
Lautaro Martínez​
£72​
23​
2023​
7.17​
2576​
CM​
Stefano Sensi​
£12​
25​
2024​
6.40​
596​
DCM​
Marcelo Brozovic​
£35​
28​
2022​
7.03​
2585​
ACM​
Nicolò Barella​
£59​
24​
2024​
6.95​
2901​

Brozovic looks a good deal in a position United need. But after buying Sancho and Varane, where will United get the money they need for him?

croadyman

According to Stuart Ballard at The Express, signing a CB is Ole's #1 priority.

Upamecano was #1, but gone to Bayern
Varane is now #1

I think if United sell Lingard and James this summer, £35m might buy Varane as he's only 1 year left on his contract. A bit more: £40-45m will, I feel, bring him to OT ASAP (before the window shuts) as Real have given up hope of him renewing.

Sancho + Varane = £125m = £80m + £45m.
Lingard + James = £45m

United also need a CDM. Looks like that won't happen. Maybe as P/E for De Gea, Pogba?
100% certain CDM it's a complete no go unless we can sell or swap Pogba this summer

kidbob

So there is no rumours so I didnt want to start a thread, but a simple question. With his performances this year has Renato Sanches become a realistic target for top clubs again? Would you be happy if we were to take a punt on him considering he's at Lille now. To be honest I think he may be a bit of a Tielemens (who had a rough season or two) and whoever jumps on him now will reap long term rewards.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
So there is no rumours so I didnt want to start a thread, but a simple question. With his performances this year has Renato Sanches become a realistic target for top clubs again? Would you be happy if we were to take a punt on him considering he's at Lille now. To be honest I think he may be a bit of a Tielemens (who had a rough season or two) and whoever jumps on him now will reap long term rewards.
He was absolutely dog poo last time in England. Granted players can change but I wouldn’t be spending my money on him

dinostar77

Yeh heaton is a good solid no3 or even no2 if needed.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Anyone know anything about Alessandro Cortinovis of Atalanta? Linked here, plays #10 or deeper (#8 presumably). Would make sense if Pogba is off, to have a back up for Bruno. Same outlet linking us to Christos Tzolis, a 19 year old Greek left winger who is also wanted by...Dortmund.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Whats the story with Koulibaly this Summer?
He is normally headline news this time if year, I'd heard that Napoli had greatly reduced his asking price, but ive not heard of any interest.

Dan600

I don’t have a tweet to post so thought I’d revive this thread, rather than clog up the transfer tweets page. Mbappe wants to leave PSG, Pogba wants to go there. Why not offer a swap deal of some kind? If you don’t ask you don’t get :wenger:

roseguy64

I don’t have a tweet to post so thought I’d revive this thread, rather than clog up the transfer tweets page. Mbappe wants to leave PSG, Pogba wants to go there. Why not offer a swap deal of some kind? If you don’t ask you don’t get :wenger:
Because Mbappe wants Real Madrid if he's going to leave PSG.

Dan600

Because Mbappe wants Real Madrid if he's going to leave PSG.
I’m under no illusions we could sign him.

But it would be negligent given the interest in Pogba to not at least enquire with both the Club/player is what I’m saying.

red thru&thru

I’m under no illusions we could sign him.

But it would be negligent given the interest in Pogba to not at least enquire with both the Club/player is what I’m saying.
I'm pretty sure we would enquire about him.

stevoc

Good for him, disgracefully treated by the club last season. Good keeper.
I suspect there's more to that story than Romero or his wife have said.

United wanted him to go to a club willing to pay a decent fee for him. Romero made it clear he would only go to Everton for some reason and Everton with that knowledge weren't going to pay a fee and only made a 12 month loan offer for a player with only 12 months left on his contract.

the_cliff

This is usually the time where links will start to come out if there are going to be any incomings. If no reliable reports come out within the next hour that's us done. Even without anymore incomings it's been a very successful window. 10/10 for me.

croadyman

This is usually the time where links will start to come out if there are going to be any incomings. If no reliable reports come out within the next hour that's us done. Even without anymore incomings it's been a very successful window. 10/10 for me.
Don't care if I 'm called spoilt but will go 8.5/10 for me